PDA

View Full Version : Fri Night/ Sat Morn

flch10000
21st May 2002, 14:27
Around 1992 saw a TV Series, may have been called "Fri Night/sat Morn" or something similar, I only saw the first episode unfortunately but it looked pretty realistic about RAF FJ life (this is from an outsider - me)

As I recall the initial episode showed a FJ crash... and the lifes of RAF personnel on the base, with a focus around the pilots.

Anybody enlighten me on its name? (And where I can get hold of a copy if poss)

Thanks

Oh yes a UK series, not sure what Channel.

AffirmBrest
21st May 2002, 14:35
Believe it was called 'Friday on my mind' - focussed on the story of the widow of a GR1 pilot killed after returning from the Gulf.

As I recall, it didn't receive all that much help from the Air Force - didn't really portray them in a 'good' light.

As a result I remember a story around at the time of the production using cardboard cut-out GR1s to create the impression of a full squadron...(pause, two, three...)

flch10000
21st May 2002, 14:48
well I got that title completely wrong didn't I!
Must have been thinking of the "Specials" Song of the same name!
Cheers

PS. Link I found here: http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies/0,60,55784,00.html

WE Branch Fanatic
21st May 2002, 16:20
I remember that series.

Did it portray the RAF in a bad light? Consider the actions of the Air Marshalls after the Chinook crash.

Roger D'Erassoff
21st May 2002, 20:15
I seem to remember however that Maggie O'Neill was in it and that she got them 'oot for t'boys' - which made it particularly watchable for me! :p

Talking Radalt
21st May 2002, 23:34
..and wasn't the second series of "Auf Wiedersehn Pet" about the decline of RAF Germany?

..and who could forget that classic Saturday morning show charting the lives of four regiment gunners..."The Monkees"
(Here we come, walking down the street, get the strangest looks from..everyone we meet!)

..and "Big Brother" was inspired by a well known centre of administrative excellence in deepest Gloucestershire, except there are 52000 occupants in the house, no rules and they all WANT to be evicted!

;)