PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Shortage Leads to Vanilla Air & Peach Air Flight Cancellations

Iver
17th May 2014, 14:03
Pay your employees very little and they will leave... This seems like a "shocking" revelation in Japan... See article below:

Japan Today (http://www.japantoday.com/smartphone/view/business/vanilla-air-to-cancel-154-flights-due-to-pilot-shortage)

ManaAdaSystem
17th May 2014, 18:43
Oh, so now your an expert on Japanese aviation? I thought the Middle East was you field? And South East Asia?
Got any shiny pictures of a 787 you can share? We simply can't wait!

Iver
17th May 2014, 20:04
Nice time-wasting comment Mana! Just posting a relevant news link. You add nothing like usual because you are an idiot!

kwaiyai
18th May 2014, 02:55
Saw that shortage coming last year. No crew to fill the slot's. I see RAL still
looking for JCAB 320 rated as well.

The Dominican
18th May 2014, 04:10
18K / month net with Japanese taxes paid, non type DEC position with business class commute and 12 days a month off and a month vacation every year...! Voilą.., no more shortage:ok:

ok45
18th May 2014, 04:31
Gosh they must be hurting with those flight cancellations! Where are the pilots going though?

bringbackthe80s
18th May 2014, 08:57
The Dominican got it spot on. And I don't think he was sarcastic either. I would add permanent contract too.
They are asking for decent time on a type which you can use virtually in any company of the world at the moment, if these captains are to leave their jobs there need to be a very good offer.. we' ll see if for once the wheel spins our direction.

Metro man
18th May 2014, 11:40
Can someone name a legacy airline with good terms and conditions which is having trouble attracting and retaining pilots ?:hmm:

desertopsguy
15th Jun 2014, 11:47
Qatar Airways - no trouble attracting, lots of trouble retaining, so am told.

18k/month - I guess if they can pay 10k/month to a hill-billy to drive a truck full of dirt in western Oz then I suppose 18k is not too unreasonable...if you can get it.