PDA

View Full Version : Airlines in the UAE

manflexsrsrwy
16th May 2014, 06:43
Hi guys,
Recently applied to the two main airlines in the UAE , Emirates and Etihad.

Been invited to both, however I've been advised by a friend who works for one of them, that they may potentially ask if I've applied to the competition. ???

Now I'm not sure how to play this should the question come up? Do I not tell the whole truth ? Is there a way for either of these Airlines to confirm that I have or have not applied ???

Anyone know of a similar situation? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot before even starting.

Any info / advice gratefully received :ok::ok:

RexBanner
16th May 2014, 07:04
You're not allowed to mention the latter airline here on pprune!

Oceanic815Pilot
16th May 2014, 07:16
I've always been honest. It's not realistic to think a pilot didn't apply to some of the competition. Put a positive spin on it and own it.

Rather Be Skiing
16th May 2014, 07:47
I've always been honest. It's not realistic to think a pilot didn't apply to some of the competition. Put a positive spin on it and own it.

Exactly. I don't see why this is even considered an issue. Naturally, whichever one you are talking to at the time is your most desired choice. The other is plan B.

manflexsrsrwy
16th May 2014, 08:24
Thanks guys, exactly what I was thinking, my friend scaremongerd me a little

NG_Kaptain
16th May 2014, 14:03
Most, if not all, the applicants have applied to more than one airline in the region. They assume you have and if they want you they will try and get you before the other one does.
When I came out for my interview I was scheduled for Emirates and Etisalat, Qatar being a choice if neither of the others offered me a job.
After completing my AUH interview and was accepted I called EK and told them that I had already accepted a position and would not be attending their selection. Both companies were first choice options, I just did not wish to expose myself to the stress of going through the process a second time. So far have had no regrets with my choice.

Calmcavok
16th May 2014, 14:13
Your loss to aviation is certainly a gain for the mobile communication industry. Now, how about a cheeky discount on a new iPhone?

NG_Kaptain
16th May 2014, 15:22
:):):):) You know how to get around the ban.

Airmann
17th May 2014, 11:24
Ya don't see the big deal. What's the point in lying, any airline that will not hire you because you also applied to other airlines is not worth working for.

Casablanca what did you say to the psychologist? I would have simply told her point blank that you prefer emirates and dubai over Qatar and Doha so you took the time and effort to show up and prepare for the interview, isn't that supposed to be a good thing?