PDA

View Full Version : This site is getting more and more ridiculous!

LookingForAJob
16th May 2014, 03:36
Earlier today there was a thread running in R&N about hot air balloon safety to which I contributed. OK, it's not mainstream and it's not really R or N - and now the thread has disappeared.

But out of curiosity to see if all traces have been erased for some reason, I did a search. And the thread still exists - it's just in a forum that doesn't exist! I wonder how many other forums exist but no one knows about?

It's bad enough that the quality of the aviation content often attains a level lower than seemed possible just a moment before I read a message. And the moderation is hard to understand much of the time. But it just seems crazy that the people who run the site - and who should know how to set the software up - appear to have created at least one forum that isn't listed for the average and common user that I am.

Or am I having finger trouble?

And why do I even care???? :ugh:

Saab Dastard
16th May 2014, 11:54
LFAJ,

You are quite right, the forum to which that thread was moved is indeed inaccessible to the general public. This was as a result of the last site re-organization last year.

The thread was moved there in error, and will be re-instated to a visible forum once the moderator involved recovers from the 1000 lashes he has received as punishment for his oversight.

SD

lomapaseo
16th May 2014, 13:32
will we have to guess where it is finally moved or will some sort of remnant be left behind in its initial resting place?

Saab Dastard
16th May 2014, 14:51
It has been moved to Non Airline Transport Stuff and the forum resurrected such that it is now visible.

The moderator involved is recovering well from his punishment.

SD

lomapaseo
16th May 2014, 15:53
I can only imagine what goes on behind the scenes of moderators.

I was given the keys one day to be a moderator and I was totally at a lost to many of the new buttons that could be pushed.

Just to learn I would try some out and more than once the site went down. Fortunately the site owner never managed to figure out who pushed the wrong buttons.

Saab Dastard
16th May 2014, 18:43
Fortunately(?) the majority of moderators don't have administrative access, so it's difficult for us to break things, despite fervent button-pushing.

SD