PDA

View Full Version : Diamond CGT runway excursion

VH-XXX
16th May 2014, 01:43
Media is telling me that a Diamond crashed at Bankstown this morning. Video footage shows a Diamond happily parked on the grass.

Looks to have ploughed through a boundary fence which implies quite a bit of speed as it's a heavy looking fence.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/23563799/plane-crash-at-bankstown-airport/

A 19yr old female pilot apparently.

Track5milefinal
16th May 2014, 01:56
I went solo in CGT many a moon ago when it was on a Warrior with RVAC?

And for memory was the same aircraft that had the midair with the C150 at Moorabbin resulting in a fatality... Don't believe the Warrior CGT was written off though!

Callsign is jinxed!! :\

Back Pressure
16th May 2014, 02:28
PA28 CGT hit the deck in the golf course on short final for 17L a few years back. I assume it was written off.

ButFli
16th May 2014, 05:21
Described as a "single-engine Cessna" by The Australian. :rolleyes:

Non-Cessna light aircraft manufacturers must love it. They never get any bad publicity!

sms777
17th May 2014, 07:49
Sorry XXX I think you got it all wrong from the begining. First of all it was a Cessna......then it was all dependant of the direction of the crash which would explain the pilot's intensions. If she crashed on the end of 29 she was late for the golf session so she took a short cut. If she crashed on the end of 11 than she may have missed bidding on one of the cars at the Airport Auctions. There is always a reason for crash landing aeroplanes.