PDA

View Full Version : Stealing luggage tags ?

GrahamO
15th May 2014, 20:08
Do people really do this for a hobby ?

Noticed that my Emirates Gold tags had been removed from my roller case and the only time they had been out of my sight was when it was left in my hotel room.

Noticed that the metal bound tag had gone as well as the plastic red Emirates tags on the stretchy plastic threads. No way would both have come off without being removed.

Do people really collect them and how sad is that ?

lexoncd
15th May 2014, 21:55
They do... Used to have to regularly call ba and bmi for new gold tags.. In the end I realised they went missing when I went to locations not normally frequented by either and it appeared a collector at the airport had them.. Stopped using them and replaced with boring normal tags and guess what no more issues..

ExXB
16th May 2014, 07:31
Years ago when BA gold, I found my gold luggage tags were often broken off my bags. Only the strap and a bit of plastic left.

The exec club, in Bremen, got fed up with me asking for more.

No collectors there, I suspect.

Hotel Tango
16th May 2014, 14:26
Unfortunately for many airport baggage employees, displaying a Gold/Premium/whatever tag is regarded by them as to$$ers showing off!

ZFT
16th May 2014, 14:37
All too true. Certain airports seem worse than others with LHR top of the league.

bedsted
16th May 2014, 20:44
In my opinion, top of the league is VRA, Cuba.

ExXB
17th May 2014, 09:42
Unfortunately for many airport baggage employees, displaying a Gold/Premium/whatever tag is regarded by them as to$$ers showing off!

And yet, the airline encouraged us to use them, to enhance our travelling experience. One thing I noted was that after I gave up using them, I never had another mishandled bag, funny that!

Heathrow Harry
17th May 2014, 16:29
Might as well just put a label on saying "Open this Luggage - rich well traveled Foreigner's luggage" TBH

I always use luggage that has been "distressed"

GrahamO
17th May 2014, 21:02
Mine were taken in a hotel, from a hotel room, not in an airport ..... thats what was strange.

PAXboy
17th May 2014, 22:49
My AmEx Platinum travel tags have never been touched ... how humiliating. I'm worthless :{

Heathrow Harry
18th May 2014, 08:04
most places outside the USA stopped taking AMEX years ago PAXBOY

absolutely nothing cool about the brand these days