PDA

View Full Version : Licence conversion?!

petars92
15th May 2014, 13:54
Hi everybody,

I am a fresh CPL holder issued in Serbia, so i was wondering if there is any chance of converting my licence to some EASA licence??? I passed all ATPL theoretical exams and have ME/IR...

Any idea would be nice,
Thanks in advance!

aviationdreams91
16th May 2014, 13:23
Yeah man difinetly you can , i'm in the same process like you i have FAA CPL ME/IR and just finished my 14 Atpls ... you can start flying striaght after ur xams , it depends where u wana fly ? in the uk usually for CPL conversion there is no Min hrs requirments its just whatever it takes to get u ready for the Skills test , for the IR u need at least 15 hrs 10 of them could b done on the sim , and For ME its just a flight to freshen up thats all what u need !

Lightning Mate
16th May 2014, 13:28
Text speak rubbish will not get you past any written tests in a job interview !

Air737
24th May 2014, 18:51
Can anyone tell me what is needed to convert my FAA CPL IR to an EASA MEIR. I have recently obtained my FAA CPL IR.

M-ONGO
25th May 2014, 09:09
Can anyone tell me what is needed to convert my FAA CPL IR to an EASA MEIR. I have recently obtained my FAA CPL IR.

About £50,000.

teobull
16th Jun 2014, 19:52
Good evening everybody,
I am a Military Pilot holding an ICAO CPL license issued on 2004 with a ME/IR expired on 2005 and all 14 ATPL exams passed. So far, I didn' t manage to convert the licence either into JAR o EASA (didn' t have the requirement).
After april the 8th 2014, will I still be able to get the license converted or will I have to get another CPL/IR and retake all the exams.

Thanks to anybody who will provide me an answer.

Johnny Bekkestad
16th Jun 2014, 20:23
Bull...

You can get the ATPLs for £1399 at CATS.
The conversion can be done in various places in Europe for around £4000.
MCC in Germany for £1800

Then there are examination fees and issuance of license. But nowhere close to £50000

paco
17th Jun 2014, 04:46
Where was the ICAO licence issued? If it was a UK National licence there may be a way - take a look at CAP 804.

teobull
17th Jun 2014, 06:59
The licence was issued in Italy.
I think there is a lot of confusion around this topic...... Somebody says that if not converted by april the 8th the licence is lost and so all the ATPL exams, but Italian CAA circular states that "you loose the licence priviledges unti you do not convert it".

banjodrone
17th Jun 2014, 22:12
Yeah 50 K is stretching it a bit but by the time you've got all the groundschool done including exam fees, travel, hotels etc you've still got the flying to do and that can cost up to 20,000+ depending on where you do it, how current you are, procedural differences to be unlearned / learned, atc fees, parking fees etc etc......

You hear of people doing it for less than that but it's not the norm. I would say a budget of £25000 should safely cover everything if you really commit to it.

paco
18th Jun 2014, 03:50
Ground school (distance learning) should cost around £2K for the course, £850 accomm/food for a couple of weeks. Add the 14 exams at £69 each, £3000 in round figures, excluding travel.