PDA

View Full Version : Clegg on Clegg.

cavortingcheetah
15th May 2014, 10:50
In the context of the school meals row, Nick Clegg had this to say, as reported in The Guardian today, May 15th. It's in the Guardian and so it must be true! This time it looks remarkably as though it is:

In his own words then, in his own words, from the maestro of hyperventilated hypocrisy:

"You have this from time to time in politics, you have people who aren't elected to anything, don't have any authority of their own, and when they get a backroom adviser's job it all slightly goes to their head," he told ITV's Good Morning Britain.

bosnich71
15th May 2014, 23:47
He's also being quoted this morning as having said that anyone who wants Britain to leave the E.U. is "unpatriotic" .... TW*T. !

acbus1
16th May 2014, 09:40
Clegg on Clegg.

Clegg up Clegg might be more accurate.

Trossie
16th May 2014, 11:04
He's also being quoted this morning as having said that anyone who wants Britain to leave the E.U. is "unpatriotic" ...
To his way of thinking that is totally correct. To him Britain no longer exists as country, it is just a region of the EU 'country'. To want this region to leave the glorious EU would be unpatriotic to the EU.

Methinks that come Sunday 25th he is going to find that there are a lot of "unpatriotic" citizens throughout his glorious EU.

cavortingcheetah
16th May 2014, 11:35
(To him Britain no longer exists as country, it is just a region of the EU country')
That's a interesting perspective on which I hadn't thought. When his present membership of the governing quango is over, no doubt he'll end up back in Brussels as a very high flyer thwarting British interests from there as he does now from London.

ian16th
16th May 2014, 12:32
What a let down, the wrong bl**dy Clegg.

I came to this thread expecting some of Peter Sallis' words of wisdom.

Such as:

This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction, and feeds it to his cat! Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities.

Me bowel's playing up a bit. God moves in mysterious ways.

Tell the neighbours he doesn't belong to you; you're just looking after him for somebody.

You've got to remember, Compo, that Cyril's a Tory, and Tories can't stand it if you're filthy and obscene. That's what the Labour Party's for.

:ok:

Blacksheep
16th May 2014, 12:43
As a school governor, the "Free School Meals for All" idea is interesting. Where will the money come from? and how will the "Pupil Premium" be estimated in future? I think those of us who are involved in the financing and running of schools should be told, but no doubt we won't. Our rulers will just blunder into another self-created difficulty, as usual.

acbus1
16th May 2014, 13:55
To him Britain no longer exists as country, it is just a region of the EU country'

That's a interesting perspective on which I hadn't thought.
Well, its been going on before your very eyes for decades.

I suppose realisation won't hit home until they rename it. Be too late by then.