PDA

View Full Version : EVA Air

aviatorhi
15th May 2014, 03:02
Hi,

Noticed they were looking for some 744 drivers, with rather low hourly requirements. What is the word on that operation? Upgrade prospects? Wondering if it might be a viable way of getting a 747 rating and time on type to move on to something better (since they don't seem to be at the top of anybody's list).

Thanks.

Metro man
15th May 2014, 04:40
Be careful with having the type on a Taiwanese licence and trying to convert it to another licence or get it put onto your present licence. Most countries don't recognise Taiwan so you will have problems

The hours on type however, should be recognised. I've heard QATAR will accept a Taiwanese rating and New Zealand will transfer the rating onto their licence.

nakbin
15th May 2014, 09:53
I checked with the UK CAA a while back and they said that, despite a Taiwanese licence being non-ICAO, it would just be treated the same as a non-EASA licence and type rating - i.e. the type rating can be transferred to a UK/EASA licence provided you meet the requirements. I forget exactly what those requirements are but it's a certain number of hours on type (maybe 500 or 1000) etc and I think completing an LST in the sim, if i remember correctly. I was told this over the phone and tried to get it in writing by sending an email but didn't get a reply. I also checked with EASA and they said the same.

The relevant documents on the UK CAA website are a bit ambiguous as they only refer to non-EASA licences rather than specifically non-ICAO licences - same with EASA I think. I'm not sure how other authorities deal with it.

EVA's application form is a bit of a headache to fill out and they want a reference from your current employer before they will even invite you to their selection process! Maybe a letter saying you have had no accidents or incidents too.

Count von Altibar
15th May 2014, 23:56
From what I know Nakbin you are indeed correct. Just need to do a sim LST in the UK according to the CAA.

TechCrew
17th May 2014, 05:51
A North Korean styled company to work for? Pathetic. Stay away! Upgrade shld be on the ATRs and flying multiple sectors a day for UNI Air and earning a pathetic salary.