PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Mig pilot bombing rebels... from the rebel perspective.

VinRouge
13th May 2014, 13:10
Bomb comes off rails, constant sight line angle...

Unfortunately he only just misses.

Looks like a 250Kg bomb.

LiveLeak.com - Here?s What It?s Like Being On The Receiving End Of A MiG-21?s bomb

Marcantilan
13th May 2014, 13:47
Unfortunately? You were the pilot of that MiG?

Madbob
13th May 2014, 14:51
For all we know the guy with the camera was NOT the target in which case he might have actually hit what he was intending to!

Either way, it's pretty good at conveying what it must be like to be at the receiving end of a fighter-bomber's attack profile. All I can say is thank God the Syrians don't have any A10's in their inventory. If it had been a 30mm strafing run I don't think we'd be seeing any film posted on YouTube.....

MB

Flap62
13th May 2014, 16:02
Considering he dropped it while still in the turn I seriously doubt he hit what he was aiming at!

Fg Off Bloggs
13th May 2014, 16:18
And why just one? A Mig 21 couldn't hit a barn door with one unguided bomb unless he was very lucky. One bomb against troops in the open is more a terror attack than anything looking for a realistic Pk! I'm with Flap62, clearly the pilot did not listen to the QWI's Shallow Dive Phase Brief!:ugh::ugh:

Bloggs

Tiger G
13th May 2014, 21:46
Reminded me of Spadeadam, when a Bucc mistook the range control caravan for the target, with a training bomb !!

Remember it clear as day, the bomb coming off and wizzing over our heads to land in the peat about 30 metres away. Good job the pilot was a crap shot, and I wonder if the nav got the blame ??

And..............after hearing what the FAC said over the radio, I wondered what would have been said to the pilot on return to Lossie ??

Brian Abraham
14th May 2014, 00:07
From another thread

LiveLeak.com - First Time Ever! Syrian Mig-29 Attacks Islamist Terrorists in Syria!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
14th May 2014, 02:09
Italian approach - "Whatever I hit, I call it the target!" :ok:

Not just the bombs or bullets that are dumb in these cases - that civil war will last for a century with such tactics. Time to buy shares in ammunition manufacturers.

bcgallacher
14th May 2014, 09:44
Anyone who knows the region will acknowledge that competence in just about any field is in short supply,

Fg Off Bloggs
14th May 2014, 14:10
From another thread

Now that's more like it! Get the wings level, established in the dive and let rip with the gun! That'll work!

Bloggs:}

dead_pan
14th May 2014, 17:36
Russian exchange pilot getting his eye in, just in case?