PDA

View Full Version : Why is everybody against White men?

BenThere
13th May 2014, 00:12
We've invented and built a civilization. We've contributed our share to the literature. We've defended hearth and home.

Why are we the only ones it's okay to ridicule on television, suspect for ulterior motives, accuse of racism, and demand compensation from by all and sundry?

Cacophonix
13th May 2014, 00:16
We've invented and built a civilization.

Get over it mother...

Feel those hairs growing out of your back... (yeah, I know, I got em too)...

Your are at heart an African gorilla...!

Caco

Planet of the Apes (1968) trailer - YouTube

tony draper
13th May 2014, 00:21
As I have oft said Mr Ben, paleanthropologists tell us we all came down from the trees at the same time, but some stood up looked around and buggad off looking for pastures new and new worlds to conquer,others just sat around the trunk pelting lumps of shite at each other.
:rolleyes:

brickhistory
13th May 2014, 00:24
Because destroying is always easier and more enjoyable at the most base level than creating.

Thus, the achievements built up over centuries by 'white men' (digression: say didn't those Muslims and various Asian clans have the same abilities as the West? Or did they choose to go in different directions that weren't as successful?) that have become the modern world are now easy pickings for those that don't have a history of slow, steady accomplishment and accumulation of wealth.

The old tradition of each generation sacrificing for the next has been betrayed by the instant media generation which has decided that the 'white man' piggybank is ripe for the taking.

"They" should have it now. That you have it because of your hard work, never mind that of untold generations before you, is irrelevant. By frustrating their desires now, you become the target.

It's all fun and games until all the institutions are destroyed and all the money's spent.

Back to the horse era we go...

con-pilot
13th May 2014, 00:25
Cause we got most of the money.

Thought about making that a question and did so at first, but on reflection decided not to.

Capot
13th May 2014, 00:31
Why are we the only ones it's okay to ridicule on television

It's because you honkys look so funny with no clothes on. All that pink! You look like peeled bananas.

You can't change. Take it like men and get over it.

And your willies are too small.

That answer your question?

Cacophonix
13th May 2014, 00:36
And your willies are too small.

My heart is black, if only my cock was more so... ;)

Caco

11Fan
13th May 2014, 00:40
A length of string and a rock should take care of that for ya Caco... :}

"The Sheriff is near"

Cacophonix
13th May 2014, 00:42
A length of string and a rock should take care of that for ya Caco...

Working on that one right now. Be back soon... ;)

Caco

rh200
Why are we the only ones it's okay to ridicule on televisio
Because we don't go out at the drop of a hat, raping killing and doing whatever else we can do using a half baked pathetic excuse as being insulted.

con-pilot
"The Sheriff is near"

I got that, well played. :D

superq7
13th May 2014, 00:46
Why is everyone against White men.

Cuz their Jealous !

Cacophonix
13th May 2014, 00:47
Give the dude his due, 11Fan is subtle... :ok:

Caco

11Fan
13th May 2014, 00:49
I forgot to mention Caco, there is one slight drawback....

Slightly off the subject, in order to be hip, the other day I went out and got me a dog. Named him Holmes.

Now when ever he jumps up on the couch I can say "Git Down Holmes."

11Fan
13th May 2014, 00:54
Well, I'm off like a Prom Dress in a cheap motel room.

Catch you guys later.

Cacophonix
13th May 2014, 00:54
You leave John Holmes alone...

See, I feel my black heart now...

Manu Chao-Bongo Bong(great song) - YouTube

Caco

Vercingetorix
13th May 2014, 01:07
Heard in New York in the "Boom Box" era.

Dude comes down the street trilling "Black is beautiful"
Honky, walking the other way, ripostes "Yep, sure is but white is perfection"

:ok:

Cacophonix
13th May 2014, 01:16
Well, I'm off like a Prom Dress in a cheap motel room.

Catch you guys later.

Shit this never happened on my Prom night... !

All those girls I know are clearly too high maintenance... :p

John Kongos - He's Gonna Step On You Again - YouTube

Caco

Fox3WheresMyBanana
13th May 2014, 01:28
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx2ucpFtKa1qlwe0mo1_500.jpg

Only losers whine....

Matari
13th May 2014, 02:10
I suspect that most people who complain about "white men" live in the relative comfort of imperfect civilizations created by imperfect white men.

Many more "non whites" desperately want to emigrate to those imperfect lands, where they too can either make new prosperous lives for themselves, or like others simply join the complaining.

It's a funny old world.

To judge a man by skin color is the most primitive of acts. It's only in relatively recent history that man has thought of his neighbors as individuals, and not as some "others" to be conquered.

It's a slippery slope back to that miserable way of thinking. College campuses are leading the way.

pigboat
13th May 2014, 02:17
Taki's Magazine: How to check your privilege every 3,000. miles. (http://takimag.com/article/how_to_check_your_privilege_every_3000_miles#axzz31RDTOorC)

Cacophonix
13th May 2014, 02:18
"Many more "non whites" desperately want to emigrate to those imperfect lands, where they too can either make new prosperous lives for themselves, or like others simply join the complaining."

Citations? Proof ?

3/10

Spelling?... (Oh Ok you spelling is fine)...

Well done Matari!

Caco

jolihokistix
13th May 2014, 02:22
The perceived gap.

Elysium (2013)

Elysium (2013) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535108/)

Matari
13th May 2014, 02:56
Well I suppose that's progress when he puts down the FN and picks up the grading pencil.

brickhistory
13th May 2014, 03:04
:D:D:D

Krystal n chips
13th May 2014, 06:55
" We've invented and built a civilization. We've contributed our share to the literature. We've defended hearth and home.

I appreciate that, when it comes to global history, the American school curriculum may only start somewhere around 1700 ( ish ) and thus it comes as something of a traumatic shock to learn there were numerous civilisations across the globe who were more than capable of fulfilling your criteria above, even if, shock ! horror ! their skin colour was not vestal white !

Why are we the only ones it's okay to ridicule on television, suspect for ulterior motives, accuse of racism, and demand compensation from by all and sundry?

Now, I wonder why this could be ?....nothing whatsoever to do with the ever so slightly historical perception that skin pigmentation somehow defines a person as a human being and, if they are not white, well that's it !,,,clearly inferior and should be treated as such....at least by those with intrinsic bigotry over the centuries.

Still, it's nice to see you displaying another of your insecurities in public...and, as you are such a supporter of Corporate America, and indeed corporations per se, we can only assume you have shares in Kleenex to mop up the tears induced with your lament above.

Capetonian
13th May 2014, 07:14
Reverse racism, equal opportunity employment, affirmative employment, favouring the previously disadvantaged.

All PC claptrap to justify racism against whites when perpetrated by blacks. When 'we' did it to 'them' it was an outrage, iniquitous, inhumane, degrading, brutal ...... but when they do it to each other or to 'us' the world stands and watches and does nothing.

It is entirely the fault of the 'whites' for trying to change the tribal and feudal way of life and 'uplift' them to conform.

brickhistory
13th May 2014, 08:43
" We've invented and built a civilization. We've contributed our share to
the literature. We've defended hearth and home.

I appreciate that, when it comes to global history, the American school curriculum may only start somewhere around 1700 ( ish ) and thus it comes as something of a traumatic shock to learn there were numerous civilisations across the globe who were more than capable of fulfilling your criteria above, even if, shock ! horror ! their skin colour was not vestal white !

Now, I wonder why this could be ?....nothing whatsoever to do with the ever so slightly historical perception that skin pigmentation somehow defines a person as a human being and, if they are not white, well that's it !,,,clearly inferior and should be treated as such....at least by those with intrinsic bigotry over the centuries.

Still, it's nice to see you displaying another of your insecurities in
public...and, as you are such a supporter of Corporate America, and indeed
corporations per se, we can only assume you have shares in Kleenex to mop up the tears induced with your lament above.

One wonders if flouride were added to the water instead of condescension, if a certain dental stereotype would ever fade?

onetrack
13th May 2014, 10:28
Could this be why?? :E

[Bart returns unexpectedly, after being sentenced to death]
Charlie: They said you was hung!!
Bart: And they was right. :)

AtomKraft
13th May 2014, 13:21
Cacko!
You make me larff sometimes :ok:

Lonewolf_50
13th May 2014, 13:31
Krystal, have you ever heard of the Greek and Roman Empires? I have, and I know for a fact that they were around a lot further back than 1700.

You can take your falsehoods and BS, roll them up, and sit on them.

In response to the OP: you might want to go back to the long fashionable literary trope about the underdog fighting against the power structure. Most of your answer is there.

dazdaz1
13th May 2014, 16:43
BenThere........."We've invented and built a civilization. We've contributed our share to the literature. We've defended hearth and home"........

Mien Fuhrer!!!!!! Are you still with us? I had doubts about reading on the net that your new residence (1946) was Argentina. This is great news. I await my new instructions.

Yours.

Prof. Augusta Balls of Vienna.

chuks
13th May 2014, 17:09
We are not "the only ones" it's okay to ridicule on TV or in the meeja in general. It might be that we are the safest ones to ridicule, sure, but check out some of the cultural figures of today, particularly these rappers ... it might be self-ridicule, but it's still them being made fun of. Al Sharpton ... figure of fun or what?

There have been plenty of civilizations invented by "non-whites," however you want to define that non-scientific term. I think the Chinese, some of them, were eating their meals off porcelain when my "white" ancestors, most of them, were crouched in huts made of mud and wattle, eating with their hands. So?

It's just that today's world has become more competitive; a white skin is no guarantee of success. So stop with the moaning, take the ridicule in stride, and join the competition. If that's too hard for you to face then move to one of our many "gated communities," where you can enjoy a life kept safe from the teeming hordes of people of color. You might have to wear plaid-pattern pants and ride around in a golf cart, but that's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

My dear old dad, who actually wore plaid-pattern pants every chance he got, once told me that he understood the white experience in Black Africa, yes. He and my step-mother would visit their favorite beach in New Jersey, even though it was one that "Black people" would also visit, to "play their radios loud."

It was just part of the White Man's Burden, that, same as me sometimes having to cross Tafawa Balewa Square at noon on Saturday, rubbing elbows (and a lot else besides) with a horde of, well, Africans!

He asked me what that was like, what kind of people they were there, those mysterious Nigerians, when I told him, "Well, Daddy, they are Black, you know .... " He nodded in agreement to that, thinking that I had basically agreed with him.

KBPsen
13th May 2014, 17:41
What's with the "we", BenThere? You're so full of it (and happily stirring it) that you have to be brown.

Tankertrashnav
13th May 2014, 18:27
Following on K & C s theme, as expanded by Lonewolf, it is strange how civilisations rise and fall, and the process is still not fully understood

The fact , for example, that Greece, which is now not far off being a failing state was at one time the de facto centre of civilaisation gives one pause for thought.

Nearer home, Britain, which at one time led the industrial revolution, is now far from being a world leader in the fields of technological innovation, whereas China and Japan which two hundred years ago were agricultural civilisations riven by internal strife, are now right up there.

600 years ago the countries of the Middle East led the world in the fields of mathematics and astronomy and other sciences,at a time when we were hanging (or burning ) witches. Why did it all suddenly grind to a halt?

The USA, currently the world's only genuine superpower may well be overtaken by China by the end of this century. Then somebody in Beijing will be saying - why do they all hate yellow men?

BenThere
13th May 2014, 18:33
You compel a response, Krystal, if only to provide guidance as to where your stereotypes are a bit phobic.

We do educate the children as to the world before 1700, although I could find common ground with you had you asserted our public, tax-funded education does not educate at all.

And skin pigmentation was only introduced by you, for your own purposes. I'd prefer to stick with results, with color of skin having no factor.

Your last remarks are offensive. I never indicated any of the bigotry you try to paint on me. And if anything, I'm not insecure.

Mac the Knife
13th May 2014, 18:59
"Britain <snip> is now far from being a world leader in the fields of technological innovation"

"Globally, as of 2013, ARM is the most widely used 32-bit instruction set architecture in terms of quantity produced. In 2005, about 98% of all mobile phones sold used at least one ARM processor."

ARM Holdings (which grow out of Acorn Computers and the BBC Micro) is a British company.

Mac

500N
13th May 2014, 20:10
Has Caco been banned again. OMG.

I haven't seen anything lately that was out of the ordinary.

Private jet
13th May 2014, 20:50
The current trend does seem to be white women with black men and white men with oriental women. Natural selection I presume. We're not seeing black women with Oriental men though?...... The Asians (Indians/Bangladeshi's/Pakistani's etc) just usually tend to arrange their own "in-house" so no mixing there.

ex_matelot
13th May 2014, 21:15
Asian women with white men in England aint gonna catch on. Beating ones daughter black & blue due to having the temerity to be dating a white person in England can attract a suspended sentence!...With not one mention of racism.

White guilt. We deserve to wallop ourselves with lump hammers for allowing the situation to develop where it's actually seen as fashionable in some circles to actively "embrace it and apologise".

Places like Brighton ought to be nuked. Centres of artistic utopian ideology, that somehow appears to offer a fast-track into the higher echelons, and the bellthronks end up advising high level policy makers.

Yep..nuke Brighton. (several other English suggestions available on request)

BenThere
13th May 2014, 21:17
I've known more than a few white women, mostly through my wife, who were determined to adjoin with black men. In one case, the pursuit ended tragically. It's a phenomena I don't understand.

I think the risk is taken in anticipation of sexual fulfillment, in accordance with their visions. I'm not so sure the visions are realistic, but I don't have the emotional nerve ends of females.

The white male-asian woman connections are easier for me to comprehend. Asian women tend to have a desire to serve and support.

I'm actually happy with the mating game I grew up with. Find the girl you want and go get her.

After all, the purpose of life is the pursuit of happiness.

Private jet
13th May 2014, 22:20
Intermixing of the races is inevitable now (cultures, well that's a completely separate issue...) purely based on the fact that black/Asian/oriental people have more children than whites. I believe the factor is 1.9 , i.e for every 2 white people required to have children the average produced is 1.9. The white population is shrinking. Future generations will become gradually more homogenised, yes that's very dull but from a genetic point of view that's a major benefit for long term health. The "Ayrian" race model of the Nazi's was quite frankly idiotic dogma and now scientifically shown to be dangerous. Another point to make here is the fact that a lot of white men are much less interested in white women now as a result of the "right on" passive/aggressive attitude the ladies have developed (Mrs PJ tells me this) with the white man as the "cashpoint" and the subsequent black boyfriend as the "sperm donor" All I can say is good luck ladies and let us know how it works out..........

500N
13th May 2014, 22:24
"Another point to make here is the fact that a lot of white men are much less interested in white women now as a result of the "right on" passive/aggressive attitude the ladies have developed"

+ 1

11Fan
13th May 2014, 22:48
493pL_Vbtnc

B Fraser
13th May 2014, 22:59
"600 years ago the countries of the Middle East led the world in the fields of mathematics and astronomy"

Did they invent differential calculus, predict comets through gravitational equations or discover Keplerian motion ? No. Many of the stars may have Arabic names but just because my ancestors named the mountains, it does not mean they were geologists.

Dushan
13th May 2014, 23:08
Why do they keep banning Cacophonix?, his posts are nowhere near as inflammatory as countless other posters here (myself included) I bet its the same bloke doing it, that made the ukip thread dissapear then re appear just to make me look silly..........feckers!!!1

It's calling them feckers that does it, I think. Bye...

tony draper
13th May 2014, 23:18
"Feckers" is a cartoon swearword,tiz not really a rude word, not like ****! :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvcvZfbGNOw

10Watt
13th May 2014, 23:27
CACO get yourself unbanned immediately.

ex_matelot
14th May 2014, 00:32
Being placed in the naughty corner is a right of passage for most ppruners. Only goody-twos-shoes francophiles such as Herr Draper escape that wrath.

Just watch me get banned now...

Nigger!

500N
14th May 2014, 00:39
Was a Black Labrador that died the night of the dambusters raid !

rh200
14th May 2014, 00:51
it is strange how civilisations rise and fall, and the process is still not fully understood

I think its well understood, we just ignore the reasoning.

ExSp33db1rd
14th May 2014, 01:01
Was a Black Labrador that died the night of the dambusters raid !

See my previous - what idiot wanted the dog renamed for the remake of the film ? ( did it happen, or is it still to come ? )

West Coast
14th May 2014, 01:05
Any thread worth having has a reference to Blazing Saddles!

cavortingcheetah
14th May 2014, 04:20
Because no man has ever been his equal?

Krystal n chips
14th May 2014, 08:02
" You compel a response, Krystal, if only to provide guidance as to where your stereotypes are a bit phobic.

We do educate the children as to the world before 1700, although I could find common ground with you had you asserted our public, tax-funded education does not educate at all.

And skin pigmentation was only introduced by you, for your own purposes. I'd prefer to stick with results, with color of skin having no factor.

Your last remarks are offensive. I never indicated any of the bigotry you try to paint on me. And if anything, I'm not insecure

It would appear that, as well as history, vocabulary is not a core element of the curriculum, hence ( not you T.T.N :) ) the inability to comprehend the word...sardonic.

However, one small query, nothing too complex to save you worrying, which is this.

If the issue of skin colour is not relevant to you, why make the point in your original post ?

You mentioned phobias, and thus one was intrigued to read another of your own....the one about Asian women marrying and your capacity to comprehend why as they "serve and support"......now, apart from this being the 21st century, I only wish I could introduce you to several ladies I know who would be delighted to "discuss" your perceptions of women serving men.

I can safely surmise the "discussion" would prove "educational" for you.

parabellum
14th May 2014, 09:17
I can safely surmise the "discussion" would prove "educational" for you.

Having spent a large part of my working life in the middle and far east it has been my experience, gained from the many expat Caucasians that have married Asian ladies, that the original statement is correct, support and serve come very naturally to them, less so to anglicised Asian ladies who have lived most if not all of their adult life in a European environment.

KBPsen
14th May 2014, 09:37
support and serve come very naturally to themThere is nothing natural about it. If that is how they are it is because they have been conditioned to be so. Men who prefer women to be that way is either scared of or unable to handle women being equal.

Once again a thread brings out all of those who view the world through a pair of how they thought the 1950's were pair of glasses.

vee-tail-1
14th May 2014, 09:40
it is strange how civilisations rise and fall, and the process is still not fully understood

Jared Diamond in his book 'Collapse' How societies choose to fail or survive.
ISBN-13978-0-140-27951-1

onetrack
14th May 2014, 09:45
I'll back what parabellum is saying. The Asian women in the majority are relatively subservient and supportive to their men. It's in their genes and their cultures.
I think the saddest sights though, are the very obvious "bought brides" - a young Asian woman with a very much older (and generally, pretty unattractive) Anglo-Saxon bloke.
However, these setups seem to be a good "working arrangement" for both. The ugly fat bloke gets all his needs taken care of, and the Asian girl gets access to funds she would normally only be able to dream about - which she generally uses to support another 50 family members "back home". :)

Youngest nephew was married to a pretty useless Australian girl - her idea of cooking a meal was pulling a pack of party pies out of the freezer, and microwaving them.
The marriage busted up after a few years, and he got himself a Thai lass. He's exceptionally happy with her, despite a bit of age difference - and I guess she's pretty happy with his $200K+ income.
She's managed to get him to buy a little farm in Thailand, and get him to get some work done on it, by the locals - who are probably all relatives, anyway. :E

rh200
14th May 2014, 11:31
There is nothing natural about it
Actually you might want to go and rent a couple of David Attenbourgh DVD and learn about the birds and the bee's.

We are essentially animals at our base level, our society has had its morals altered over time to work on, and bring out particular tendencies, both good and bad.

Hence why its easy to make some changes, and hard for others.

airship
14th May 2014, 16:48
BenThere wrote: I've known more than a few white women, mostly through my wife, who were determined to adjoin with black men. In one case, the pursuit ended tragically. It's a phenomena I don't understand...

Perhaps you're merely very "narrow-minded" to put it politely? Have you discussed it with your children yet? If you have any? How do they consider their "dad" and his "attitudes" ca. 2014?

So far as: After all, the purpose of life is the pursuit of happiness.

It's still (and increasingly) a wild world out there. When does your own "pursuit of happiness" begin to accommodate everyone else's own "pursuit of happiness"? Or maybe it just doesn't... :ugh:

BenThere
14th May 2014, 17:32
I make no judgments about it, therefore what would I discuss? It's merely an observation. I'm as broad-minded as the day is long.

It's not an earth-shaking item, but I find no corresponding obsession on the part of a similar percentage, one or two maybe, of white men with women of any other race to the point of excluding all other potential partners on the basis of race.

I'm just the messenger. Freedom's what we're fighting for. If anyone has a desire to seek a partner of any characteristic, they should be free to do so. I can question why, though, can't I?

con-pilot
14th May 2014, 17:36
I can question why, though, can't I?

Not according to some very narrow minded people that are here. :rolleyes:

Capetonian
14th May 2014, 17:44
I've known more than a few white women, mostly through my wife, who were determined to adjoin with black men. In one case, the pursuit ended tragically. It's a phenomena I don't understand... Perhaps you're merely very "narrow-minded" to put it politely? Have you discussed it with your children yet? If you have any? How do they consider their "dad" and his "attitudes" ca. 2014?It's a phenomenon I've seen frequently in Africa. White girls wanting to have black boyfriends. TWOGs, we call them, third world groupies, often ending in AIDS, violence, unwanted pregnancy or fraud. Call me 'narrow-minded', bigoted, racist, whatever, I don't give a damn. I have black female friends whom I am very fond of, whom I consider my equals intellectually and educationally, in fact superior in at least two cases, slim and attractive, but from the point of view of a physical relationship, I have absolutely no interest at all in them even if it were offered on a plate. I was accused of being 'racist' when pleasantly turning down, consecutively, the offered services of two black prostitutes in a hotel bar. I am just not interested.

con-pilot
14th May 2014, 17:58
Call me 'narrow-minded'

Cape

The people that I was referring to as being narrow minded, are those that attacked Ben just for asking questions, charging him as being racists, just because he asked the question.

I saw noting racist at all in asking 'why everyone is against white men'.

I also saw nothing racist in your post either.

I was accused of being 'racist' when pleasantly turning down, consecutively, the offered services of two black prostitutes in a hotel bar. I am just not interested.

The same thing has happened to me as well, more than once. The fact that I have never used the services of any prostitute, of any color, mattered not, I was still called a racist.

In fact, one time had I not been in the company of a few Deputy US Marshals, things may have turned ugly.

airship
14th May 2014, 18:06
Who's messenger?! I'm just the messenger. Freedom's what we're fighting for. If anyone has a desire to seek a partner of any characteristic, they should be free to do so. I can question why, though, can't I?

con-pilot, I don't even understand what BenThere is even merely "attempting to say", but apparently you understand completely. So please enlighten us (or just me) if you can...?! (I was wondering if he'd somehow snuck into your cellar and attacked the Scotch). But perhaps what I should have replied originally to: I've known more than a few white women, mostly through my wife, who were determined to adjoin with black men. In one case, the pursuit ended tragically. It's a phenomena I don't understand...

Was simply, "have you considered 'love' as being the prime reason." The 'love' that does develop (has always developed - my own parents being an example, English father, Nepalese mother, ca. 1940s) despite all of our societies' treating such relationships very contemptuously back then, and even now. :sad:

PS. Capetonian wrote: Call me 'narrow-minded', bigoted, racist, whatever, I don't give a damn. Oh really?! So you'd be willing to go into any business meeting or even social-gathering and announce that...?! Instead of just being a "closet-version" of one like so many others here? Good for you if you think you could do so with impunity in "real life". Even if you don't care what your children , family, friends or business associates think of you...?! :confused:

BenThere
14th May 2014, 18:39
No one's messenger. Should I have been more judicious to use the word, 'scribe', to assert my dispassionate equanimity?

No, it's not the bloom of love, which transcends, but the determination to limit one's choice of potential intimates to a particular race (is that racist?). See the distinction?

If this were Krystal posting and not me, you would have been dished a condescending dose of suspicion of intellectual shortcomings. But I'm not a Lefty, so you weren't.

Capetonian
14th May 2014, 18:45
Even if you don't care what your children , family, friends or business associates think of you...?! :confused:Rest assured, they know. I don't keep my views to myself.

Mac the Knife
14th May 2014, 19:44
TWGs are curious and it seems to be a particularly German thing.

I've fixed up several during the course of my duties and there's a German lass in my street whose TW boyfriend regularly beats the noisy sh1t out of her at 0200.

Mac

pigboat
14th May 2014, 19:54
Racist is no longer a word that means anything in the traditional sense. Even asparagus (http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/dry-asparagus-prompts-questions-about-racial-discrimination-in-university-city/article_3e072b32-7aa6-5cf7-bc1b-6f2aac7605f5.html) can be racist in today's world. When everything is 'racist' then nothing is racist. The word has been reduced to a triviality.

con-pilot
14th May 2014, 20:04
Mac, I may have missed it earlier in this thread, but what is a TWG?

Thank you.

Juud
14th May 2014, 20:15
Ben, perhaps a simplification, but could it be due to the natural pendulum movement you see in much of history?

As in white men were for many centuries, world wide, Top Dog.

Now that non whites and women are slowly asserting their own rights, perhaps for these former Top Dogs it now feels like 'everybody is after the white man'.
And perhaps, in asserting these equal rights, the pendulum that was stuck on the one side for so long, has swung out to the opposite side now?

I donīt know if this is so, and here in Europe I have not heard this complaint, but who knows?

KBPsen
14th May 2014, 20:24
The word has been reduced to a triviality. Those who experience cognitive dissonance when hearing the word would very much like to think so. It makes it easier being one when you can tell yourself it doesn't really mean anything.

pigboat
14th May 2014, 20:43
It makes it easier being one when you can tell yourself it doesn't really mean anything.
So you disagree the word racist has not been reduced to a triviality when used to describe a vegetable?

Tankertrashnav
14th May 2014, 20:58
It's a phenomena I don't understand...

It's a phenomenon I've seen frequently in Africa.

Tactfully done, Capetonian ;)

BenThere
14th May 2014, 20:59
We all have the same rights, Juud. Power, however, comes from achievements.

All societies and, in the larger context, civilizations, compete for relative wealth, safety, hegemony, and the overall well-being of their constituents. Some ascend above others, as Western Civilization has done since around 1500, at least in the material sense.

The gender equation is relatively new as women were traditionally assigned to home life while men were assigned to making the living. While those traditional roles are in flux, the dynamics and ultimate outcome are subsidiary to the success of the society and civilization. We are searching for the best formula.

Non-whites and women are free to assert whatever they want; they are human beings and free (in the West). We all have to fight for and earn our keep.

I submit that it was never White Men being top dogs, but the overall European cultural, societal, and civilizational formula that made "us" top dogs for the past 600 years. Women had as important a role as men in building that, and shared in the fruits.

I think White males have made significant contributions to the world's condition. I don't think we should be singled out as everybody else's villains, or even be the politically correct safe butt of everyone's jokes or general media and entertainment pillories, just because they can without protest or consequence. We deserve better.

tony draper
14th May 2014, 21:24
Ah well! they will all miss us when we are gone, you'll see.:rolleyes:

brickhistory
14th May 2014, 21:27
TWGs are curious and it seems to be a particularly German thing.

Not necessarily.

Our own beloved current President of the United States is the fruit of such a union.

Bigamous African father gets chased by uber-liberal white American woman results in a child who grows up essentially fatherless while said father continued to go about the globe fathering other then fatherless children.

What could possibly go wrong?

As to being judged by one zeppelin here: To quote a line from Big Jake, "I heard you wuz dead..."

con-pilot
14th May 2014, 21:28
Ah well! they will all miss us when we are gone, you'll see.

I think that has already been proven, Africa.

pigboat
15th May 2014, 00:43
Nowhere in that story does it say a non sentient vegetable is capable of racism
True but the equally non sentient display was, according to the asparagus Nazi. Which is why the word that once meant something ugly and despicable has been debased beyond recognition.

onetrack
15th May 2014, 02:38
Interesting article below about a TV show that documents inter-racial dating.
A lot of the black and asian girls still want white men in preference to their own.
I feel it's simply because they see hooking up with a white bloke as major step up in social and wealth status.

As to the white women who constantly seek out black men - well, I guess they're chasing some kind of fantasy in their minds.
Not surprisingly, I have several white women friends who have married dark-skinned, serious-culturally-different partners - and all those marriages have failed, because of serious differences in outlook in many areas.

I think my old Scottish Grandpop nailed it pretty well. His favorite saying to all his daughters, was - "Marry a cat of your own kind - they don't scratch so hard."
Mind you, this was a bloke who disapproved of his daughters dating Sassenachs, too ... :)

SBS Insight explores inter-racial dating and cross cultural love | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/sbs-insight-explores-interracial-dating-and-cross-cultural-love/story-fnet0gly-1226916434068)

Vercingetorix
15th May 2014, 03:21
Ah well! they will all miss us when we are gone, you'll see

Doubt it, they are too stupid to notice!