PDA

View Full Version : Seat Maps - all airlines

SeLFish_Flyer
12th May 2014, 13:32
Hi.

After a bit of help please.
18 months ago when flying to the US I was using a site to show me the seat availability of all airlines both LHR to various citiues and then the internal flights.
For the life of me I cannot find it this time. It is not seat guru, it is a site that shows you both booked and unbooked seats on a seat map.
Thanks all in advance.

DaveReidUK
12th May 2014, 14:57
it is a site that shows you both booked and unbooked seats on a seat mapI'd be happy to stand corrected, but it's very hard to believe that a site exists that would provide this data to the general public.

Where would they get their information from?

strake
12th May 2014, 15:04
Well, these people allow you to look at a seat map when they show available flights after you have entered flight details. Whether it works or not, I don't know.
MakeMyTrip, India's No 1 Travel Site | Book Flights, Hotels, Holiday Packages & Bus Tickets (http://www.makemytrip.com/)

SeLFish_Flyer
12th May 2014, 15:10
Thanks, I have no idea how they get it or who provides it but I was using it to compare various airlines.
Looked at BA, AA, US Air etc from LHR to MIA, LHR to JFK and then JFK to MIA.

Used it to plot my flights for the trip ensuring that I got full choice of seats that I wanted. Worked a dream, 4 of us flying and managed to get 4 seats together in Club/First for all stages. Was on Airmiles with First Class tickets in the USA and was able to check which flights to aim for when booking.

strake
12th May 2014, 15:15
The answer will probably be in here somewhere..

ExpertFlyer Support - FAQ (http://www.expertflyer.com/expertflyer-support-faq)

SeLFish_Flyer
13th May 2014, 12:35
Cheers for the info, however the site I used was a free site.
Driving me mad that I cannot remember it!

Heathrow Harry
13th May 2014, 13:37
Seat Guru???

strake
13th May 2014, 14:43
If you look carefully, you'll see that is a free site as well. It also offers a premium service

http://www.expertflyer.com/free-program

Mark in CA
15th May 2014, 13:45
From the ExpertFlyer FAQ:

How many Seat Alerts are included with each ExpertFlyer subscription level?
Free Account: 1
Basic Account: 4
Premium Account: 30 (Flight & Seat Alerts combined)

For all account types, additional Active Alerts can be purchased for $.99 each

The complimentary Seat Alert for a Free Account only includes the Any Window Seat, Any Aisle Seat and Any Seat options. The Any Exit Row, Any 2 Seats Together, and Select Specific Seats options will incur an extra charge. Any additional purchased Seat Alert, as well as Seat Alerts for Basic and Premium users, includes all alert options.

SeLFish_Flyer
16th May 2014, 11:08
Thanks all.

Expertflyer seems to be alerts rather than actually viewing the seatmap showing available seats.

Likewise seat guru is good at showing maps but doesnt show the booked seats that I can see.

Hey ho, I shall continute to trawl!!!

Yessss, found it.
the one I used before was Expedia. Thought I was going mad.