PDA

View Full Version : Security Alert Involving Explosives

west lakes
11th May 2014, 19:56
This does not appear elsewhere on here and I think is worth being aware of for all flyers

iPad piégés à l?explosif : deux passagers arrêtés à l?aéroport de Yaoundé | Air Journal (http://www.air-journal.fr/2014-05-11-ipad-pieges-a-lexplosif-deux-passagers-arretees-a-laeroport-de-yaounde-5106349.html#.U2-xL0kIoJc.facebook)

A man and a woman before boarding a flight Brussels Airlines from Yaoundé, Cameroon , destination Brussels Zaventem, then take the direction of the United States were arrested at the airport in Yaounde ( Cameroon ) for " suspicion of possession explosives . "

It is during an inspection of hand luggage of two passengers last Thursday of African descent, whose nationality was not disclosed, the security services of the airport in Yaounde have discovered trapped explosives iPad . The unknown couple of intelligence had to go then from Brussels to Chicago and Oklahoma City via a United Airlines flight , says West France .

" For safety , the competent authorities have also tightened controls in Belgian airports," said the Belgian authorities, the Coordinating Body for the analysis of the Belgian threat (OCAM ) that evaluated the terrorist threat level 3 ( up to 4 ) for all Brussels Airlines flights from Africa to Belgium, as well as flights from Belgium to the United States.

" There were very strict controls with sniffer dogs and taking pictures of each passenger ," confirmed a transit passenger at Brussels Airport for the United States to TF1.I don't think anyone can get complacent yet nor require security checks to be reduced

Dash8driver1312
11th May 2014, 20:49
I think no one can get complacent about google translate either.

fruitloop
11th May 2014, 23:10
Yep the Battery pack area is enough !!!