PDA

View Full Version : CPL(H) validity in the Philippines

fivechickens
11th May 2014, 01:04
Out of curiosity, what conversion is required for a Transport Canada CPL(Helicopter) to fly commercially in the Philippines? The CAAP website is down, so that doesn't help. Does the Phillipines fall under ICAO regulation?

What are the work visa prospects for a foreigner coming in to fly VFR single-pilot? My wife has family in Davao and we'd like to spend a year in country if I could pick up some work while we're there.

bcgallacher
11th May 2014, 20:41
Regarding validity I cannot help. Philippine immigration laws make it difficult to get a work permit. If your wife retains her Philippine passport you can get Philippine residence - a 13a visa which allows you to work - as the spouse of a Philippine national. I would advise that you get it in Canada as it is much easier obtained outside the country - I got mine in London where the Consular staff were extremely helpful. If your wife has lost her Philipines citizenship she can apply to be reinstated as she can now have dual nationality.

fivechickens
13th May 2014, 04:42
Unfortunately my wife is not from the Philippines. Her family are in Davao on missionary purposes, but are originally Canadians.

Flying Mechanic
13th May 2014, 05:26
I think your best bet, is to go on a recce mission, quite a few helicopters in Manila, but mostly on local reg.

I think CHC have some s76 based in Manila, and some are Canadian reg to.

Good luck, great country to fly around in a chopper!

Regards FM

bcgallacher
14th May 2014, 09:30
Five Chickens - do not expect much by way of salary unless you can find a post with a foreign company.Lovely place to be -Davao being one of the better places with quick access to other islands. Crime rate is low due to the ruling family's system of disposing of habitual criminals