PDA

View Full Version : Esso helicopter op's

BigJim
21st May 2002, 04:36
Hi all,

after a bit of a 'heads up' on the Esso operation in the Bass Staright.

What are the people like to work with?, how much flying do they do?, what sort of sched's, what sort of pay (co)?,any good/bad points...etc.

Thanks for the help.

BigJim;)

clearance
21st May 2002, 10:20
Having worked at ESSO many years ago, a few things come to mind. The Captains are very experienced, they each have their own way of doing things which is very frustrating at times. You fly lots of hours, I did 886 hrs in my first year! Some would say it's 1 hr 886 times however I did take a lot away from the place. If you get the chance to go there... take it!. If you can stay out of the politics - even better. enjoy:)

the coyote
23rd May 2002, 12:22
Good stepping stone for copilots, and clearance is right, you clock up heaps of hours. You will not be progressed to a Captain there unless you have 1500 ME command. Check your email for details.

MPT
23rd May 2002, 12:42
G'day all,

Big Jim, there was a related thread a while ago regarding Bristow Australia cojoes. Check here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19260&highlight=Bristows+cojoe)

Did you perchance get an interview from the last advertisement?

Cheers,

MPT

Steve76
28th May 2002, 03:18
The major point to remember in going to ESSO, is not to suck yourself into thinking you will ever make the captains seat there. Unless you arrive with thousands of hours in twins, its a nice place with a 'used by' date on it.
Great environment and great people to work with.
Clearance and coyote: Mail me at [email protected] for a chat about the good ol' days.
Cheers :D