PDA

View Full Version : BBC iplayer mystery?

tony draper
9th May 2014, 10:50
Anybody know what Bj baninj.com does or is?
I used to be able to click on iplayer select what I wanted and it played almost instantly,I have pretty swift BB.
Now when I do the above nothing happens for a long time and the only different thing I've noticed in the bottom right corner is is a small box with
Waiting for B j baninj.com flahing within, once that does its thing which always takes a while whatever it is, I get to watch what I want.
Anybody know what this site is or does?
:confused:

5711N0205W
9th May 2014, 11:37
baninj.com safe ? Check it with URLVoid (http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/baninj.com/)

Free anonymous web proxy... :confused:

Bushfiva
9th May 2014, 11:40
You might be infected with a javascript injector. Time to run AntiMalwareBytes or whatever other tools you have to hand. There was someone out there last October getting tenders for code that would inject an ad to the left of framed videos such as Youtube, served from baninj.com.

tony draper
9th May 2014, 19:15
Well I've run malwarebytes and it is still showing up,something else I have noticed if you try and put your mouse pointer on it with a view to clicking on it it darts across to the right hand side of the screen, try on that side and it buggas off to the left again,slippy little bastard it is.
:uhoh:

Keef
9th May 2014, 22:09
Stuff I've read says it's safe, but if it's messing with your iPlayer then I'd get rid of it anyway.

I find that every time Adobe Acrobat or Flash updates, I acquire some more unwanted "stuff" that gets between me and what I'm trying to do. I'm close to removing everything Adobe.

Could it have arrived on your pooter via one of those updaters? Can you remove it via the Control Panel "Programs" function?

henry_crun
9th May 2014, 22:47
Just press the factory reset button then reload your apps and data. Never fails. :ok:

gemma10
10th May 2014, 08:27
Download HitmanPro from Bleeping computer, its free for 30 days. If its malware and certainly sounds like it, then this will sort it.