PDA

View Full Version : UNEMPLOYED AMEs

FANBLADES
8th May 2014, 10:51
Hi Guys,

I understand so many AMES have been made redundant of late by many companies in Australia and l was just wondering what has happened to all those guys as far as employment is concerned.......does anyone know ?

Thanks

emergency000
8th May 2014, 12:01
Some have found work with other companies. Others have left the industry altogether.

opalops
11th May 2014, 22:59
I have just finished up with a airline in Australia and after looking around there are not many jobs out there working for an airline. Even contracting positions are virtually non existent. Don't know about GA . So have decided to leave the industry for good and have a career change.
So if you are thinking of coming to Australia to work in RPT sector forget it

Diabloblizzard
12th May 2014, 04:51
I'm curious, What are the common jobs AME and LAME's unable to get work in aviation are changing to?

Diabloblizzard

opalops
12th May 2014, 23:05
I have just taken up a position in the nuclear industry here in Australia

FANBLADES
13th May 2014, 06:57
I was just wondering what other career path can one follow using the same aeroskills qualifications.......

stevef
13th May 2014, 07:10
I know of two that moved into wind turbine maintenance. The pay was much better although it involved a fair bit of travel.

opalops
14th May 2014, 07:50
When looking for jobs outside aviation, look at your skill set and promote them, EG: Fuel systems, hydraulics, Pneumatics, Turbines, your ability to follow policies and procedures etc,and less on how you worked on aircraft. Potential employers know nothing about aviation if they are not involved in the industry. So look for jobs that require your skills.

FANBLADES
15th May 2014, 02:54
Great advice opalos, much appreciated.......

Basset hound
15th May 2014, 22:14
Same in Canada. Lots of jobs available in Wind Turbine Maintenance.