PDA

View Full Version : ATSB Weekly Summaries

ramble on
8th May 2014, 02:33
It appears that the ATSB have just recently removed Aviation Weekly Summaries from their website.

Their new system is not fit for any practical purpose other than statistics.

The ATSB should take a leaf from the NTSB and list occurences on a daily basis.

Its a valuable tool to see the nature of occurrences and what incidents are trending and at what locations.

Whomever introduced this new ATSB system demonstrates little practical knowledge of aviation operations.

SIUYA
11th May 2014, 02:18
That's actually not the case ramble on - but it's a bit hard to work out where the summaries are in the ATSB website.

If you do a search it turns up the following result:

1.Aviation weekly summaries
30 Apr 2014 | All accidents and incidents involving Australian registered aircraft, or foreign aircraft in Australian airspace, must be reported to the ATSB. Follow this link to view the weekly summaries.

www.atsb.gov.au/aviation/weekly-summaries.aspx

Now, if you click on Aviation weekly summaries it takes you to ATSB National Aviation Occurrence Database, that is:

Home > Aviation > ATSB National Aviation Occurrence Database

So while it's not all that straightforward - the information is there.

Now, to enter the database you need to acknowledge a User agreement. Also, surprise surprise, there's a disclaimer on the data use.

Note the following information in the disclaimer:

The ATSB aims to publish occurrence data as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving reports from industry. However, depending on workload and the volume of reports received, it may take around one month to input the data into the database from when we received the report.

My bolding.

I suppose none of us should be surprised at this stage. :rolleyes:

Sarcs
12th May 2014, 02:16
SIUYA: I suppose none of us should be surprised at this stage. Nothing is a surprise anymore, when it comes to our fully independent..:yuk::yuk:..transport safety watchdog.

However in regards to the, once helpful but now almost impenetrable, access to weekly summaries, you'll be pleased to know that Fort Fumble still get their version of the weekly dirt file...err crash comic..:E Reference H18/14 Annex 13 Chapter 8 para 8.2 below...

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff498/004wercras/Annex13diffch7-8H18.jpg

Maybe FF could be persuaded to put up their version of the WS lists, further redacted of course..:rolleyes:, & they could include some of the better ones in their Flight Safety crash comic. Maybe they could call it..."Australia's most wanted!" :ok: