PDA

View Full Version : Nigeria - Boko Haram

Pages : [1] 2

con-pilot
7th May 2014, 17:42
but not about the scam artists, but the kidnapped girls.

The same group that kidnapped the 200 some young girls, apparently have completely destroyed a village in Nigeria, killing all that lived there.

Now the Nigerian government has asked the United States for military help.

So now I guess the usual suspects here will scream about more US expansionism.

Personally, I hope we track down the bastards and kill every one of them.

Capetonian
7th May 2014, 17:44
Personally, I hope we track down the bastards and kill every one of them. ............ a bit of collateral damage hitting a few internet cafes and their users wouldn't be a bad thing too.

meadowrun
7th May 2014, 17:44
Seconded.....

con-pilot
7th May 2014, 17:56
............ a bit of collateral damage hitting a few internet cafes and their users wouldn't be a bad thing too.

Now that's funny. :ok:

By the way, I, well we, took a few 727 loads of Nigerian scammers that were plying their trade in the US back to Nigeria. The staging/refueling point was Madrid from the US. So I flew the US to Madrid legs and let another crew that had airlined in a couple of days earlier take the Nigerian round trip from Madrid.

Not that I didn't want the African flights, but sitting in coach from the US to Madrid was not worth it, so I took the other segment back and forth from US and Madrid.

Plus we had a two day layover in Madrid on Uncle's money, now that was fun. :E

sitigeltfel
7th May 2014, 18:03
Are you allowed to say "Nigeria" these days?

SpringHeeledJack
7th May 2014, 18:30
Putting aside my feelings of empathy for the parents of the girls and for the horrible situation that they (girls) are in, what the hell is anyone outside the sovereign country of Nigeria doing there in this matter ? US and UK special forces with expeditionary equipment to find these miscreants and their victims that will have a large price tag, and in both countries tax paying citizens in distress due to lack of facilities ? What is going on ?

SHJ

airship
7th May 2014, 18:44
I presume that it's one of the northern-based Nigerian and extremist Islamic groups which are behind the abduction of the 200 or so school-girls. But I'm not 100% sure.

I just hope that whichever "72 virgins" mob are responsible, they do not try to prematurely take advantage of their captives (ie. before they their members themselves find themselves "in paradise")...

Whatever, Nigeria is a country run by despots, thieves and scammers. Supported by 1st world countries who should know better (probably all have their fingers in the "dirty pie" there). Nothing surprises me about that country. It should be a relatively wealthy nation if it were properly governed. I just feel very sorry for ordinary Nigerians. And the rest of Africa, as in many ways, Nigeria is a symbol for black Africa. And they hardly do better in South Africa.

Capetonian
7th May 2014, 18:50
For once, airship and I agree 100%.
(Does that mean we're both racist?)

airship
7th May 2014, 19:03
Capetonian, you're confusing the issues here. You prefer drinking café au lait or maybe hot chocolate. I rarely drink coffee, but when I do, I prefer a standard expresso. I usually drink tea (the "Indian" varieties, not the green teas), with milk and 2 sugars if you please?! :ok:

tony draper
7th May 2014, 19:10
The bloke with the Trilby the amusing name and mad wife does not exactly fill one with confidence.
:)

Sir George Cayley
7th May 2014, 21:11
Err Airship, I think you mean espresso.

eXpresso is microsoft product if I recall.

Look! There's George Clooney ;)

SGC

Lonewolf_50
7th May 2014, 21:16
The same group that kidnapped the 200 some young girls, apparently have completely destroyed a village in Nigeria, killing all that lived there. Not the first time this has happened. The BH scum have been targeting Christians for some years. I note the utter lack of outcry from the usual suspects ...
Now the Nigerian government has asked the United States for military help. So now I guess the usual suspects here will scream about more US expansionism. Personally, I hope we track down the bastards and kill every one of them.

Should have started that long ago, but I seem to recall the Nigerian government originally thought they could handle it themselves and didn't want outsiders coming in to sort out a domestic problem.

I think they finally admit they can't, and are aware that people outside Nigeria are supporting BH.

Gee, who might that be?
airship: I just hope that whichever "72 virgins" mob are responsible, they do not try to prematurely take advantage of their captives Your hope will probably be in vain, sad to say. :(

OFSO
7th May 2014, 21:19
I see Wee Willy Hague says the UK is off to help the Nigerians recover the kidnapped schoolchildren. So that's all right, then.

PTT
7th May 2014, 21:24
Yep, disgusting behaviour from warlords abounds once again. Not the first time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Kurram_agency_mass_kidnapping) such a thing has happened, won't be the last.
The BH scum have been targeting Christians for some years. I note the utter lack of outcry from the usual suspects ... They've been targeting the west rather than Christians. Their beef is with western education (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/10163942/Extremist-attack-in-Nigeria-kills-42-at-boarding-school.html), which they see as the root of all evil. Unsurprising that education should be considered evil by followers of a religion based on lack of evidence...As a regional insurgency waged by Boko Haram has spread, the group has sought to retaliate against government offensives by attacking government schools.
It maintains that Western-style education is at the root of corruption
I don't think we should be getting involved, but if we do I hope the entire organisation is dismantled and the individuals responsible tried like the criminals they are, with a suitable punishment in accordance with the law (http://www.fastcase.com/kidnapping-now-a-capital-offense-in-nigeria/).

Akrotiri71
7th May 2014, 21:25
Agree 100%!

What grips my shit, is that it taken weeks for the Nigerian Gov't to take any action whatsoever with regards to this abomination. And that includes foreign assistance. I never knew about it until this week!!

Effing savages! The feckin lot of 'em!!

Lonewolf_50
7th May 2014, 21:29
I don't think we should be getting involved, but if we do I hope the entire organisation is dismantled and the individuals responsible tried like the criminals they are, with a suitable punishment in accordance with the law (http://www.fastcase.com/kidnapping-now-a-capital-offense-in-nigeria/).
Far simpler to hunt them down and kill them.
The "international" court room farce is a zero value added expense.

PTT: by the way, killing Nigerian christians is not "targeting the West." It is targeting Nigerian Christians. Please don't be so willfully thick.

I'll accept the point that the banners of religion in some cases are used to represent some regional disputes that are as much tribally based as not, but you cannot completely separate that sectarian issues. It's a mixed bag.
Effing savages! The feckin lot of 'em!!
The Nigerian government? Yeah, pretty much.

Cacophonix
7th May 2014, 21:33

Nigeria is so full of criminals of one sort of another and murder so rife that another couple more killings wouldn't even be noticed..

As for the rest they mostly reside in Jhb these days...

Caco

500N
7th May 2014, 21:34
"Far simpler to hunt them down and kill them.
The "international" court room farce is a zero value added expense."

:ok:

That's where the US is probably better off than the UK in getting involved.
Probably slightly less ROE issues ;)

Lonewolf_50
7th May 2014, 21:37
I'd say the Rwandan Tutsis ought to be hired on to take out them bastidges. Those guys seem to handle themselves pretty well in a fight, and you don't get the usual suspects kvetching about "whites slaughtering blacks in Africa" at the UN. :E

PTT
7th May 2014, 21:37
The "international" court room farce is a zero value added expense.Justice being seen to be done is never of zero value. Who said anything about international court rooms?
PTT: by the way, killing Nigerian christians is not "targeting the West." It is targeting Nigerian Christians. Please don't be so willfully thick.

I'll accept the point that the banners of religion in some cases are used to represent some regional disputes that are as much tribally based as not, but you cannot completely separate that sectarian issues. It's a mixed bag. They are not targeting them because they are Christian but because they are being educated in a Western manner. I'm not saying that it's not mixed but you are attributing a main reason which is not the case. Four of their last 6 - all in the past year - attacks have been on schools and colleges.

Lonewolf_50
7th May 2014, 21:41
Thanks for clearing up your point, PTT, and what you were referring to.

The armed struggle in Nigeria has been going on for quite a bit more than a year. It is noteworthy that in the primarily Christian areas modern educational improvements are far more welcome than in other areas.

Akrotiri71
7th May 2014, 21:48
Our boys can do an alright job when required, make no mistake..;)

Been doing it since July '41. :ok:

Flash2001
7th May 2014, 21:49
Funny thing: I spent a little time there, some of it in the North. The locals seemed to be classified as Christian, Muslim or Pagan. It was an article of faith with us that if you want to find an honest man, look for a Muslim. My (Limited) experience bears this out. Next in rank was the Pagan, I'll leave you to guess who ranked last. That was a while ago though.

After an excellent landing etc...

PTT
7th May 2014, 21:50
The armed struggle in Nigeria has been going on for quite a bit more than a year.Indeed. Further back, even, than Biafra.

Lonewolf_50
7th May 2014, 21:57
Funny thing: I spent a little time there, some of it in the North. The locals seemed to be classified as Christian, Muslim or Pagan. It was an article of faith with us that if you want to find an honest man, look for a Muslim. My (Limited) experience bears this out. Next in rank was the Pagan, I'll leave you to guess who ranked last. That was a while ago though.
Wouldn't want to deal with a dishonest kidnapper, would one? :}

Dushan
7th May 2014, 22:04
... if you want to find an honest man, look for a Muslim. My (Limited) experience bears this out. Next in rank was the Pagan, I'll leave you to guess who ranked last. That was a while ago though.

After an excellent landing etc...

That sounds a lot like John Hill telling* us how North Koreans deal with the West in good faith.

* Cue JH to deny ever mentioning NK...

Nervous SLF
7th May 2014, 22:05
I somehow doubt that more than a few at best will ever be found and taken home. Mind you I also wonder how those
girls that do return will be treated I suspect that their lives have been ruined as I doubt any man will want to marry them
after how they have been treated by the scumbags.

John Hill
7th May 2014, 22:10
That sounds a lot like John Hill telling* us how North Koreans deal with the West in good faith.

Tag Team Trolls never miss an opportunity.:ok:

Lonewolf_50
7th May 2014, 22:14
I somehow doubt that more than a few at best will ever be found and taken home. Mind you I also wonder how those girls that do return will be treated I suspect that their lives have been ruined as I doubt any man will want to marry them after how they have been treated by the scumbags. I wish I could dispute your prediction. Can't.
Seems a best guess is a tragic worst case. :{

Flash2001
7th May 2014, 22:15
Well, at least the S.O.B. has told you who he is and what he's done.

Private jet
7th May 2014, 23:30
"whaaat are you tokking abahttt?"..............:}

Octane
8th May 2014, 00:30
How long is the world going to stand by and watch as this bunch of rabid dogs murder, terrorize and kidnap? They are not "Islamists", they are evil, lawless rampaging lunatics targeting defenseless civilians. Obviously beyond the capabilities of the Nigerian military, I propose a multinational challenge to give them a run for their money including;
Forget about the UN. Rather,

Green Berets, Rangers, Navy Seals
SAS (UK, AUS, NZ)
Royal Commando's
Spetsnaz
Foreign Legion etc etc

Oh and plenty of UAVs.

Bring it on...

Octane ( a disgusted Octane...)

rh200
8th May 2014, 00:54
Spetsnaz

I think there rather busy at the moment trying to create havoc of their own.

As for the others, I would not be surprised if theirs a few on the way already, its a win win scenario for them.

Attempting to rescue young damsels in distress, doesn't get much better than that.

Also a good distraction to Ukraine.

Fubaar
8th May 2014, 01:00
Octane, Political Correctness and a total refusal of the Western Left to see what these crazies make no effort at all to disguise makes what we're seeing today in Nigeria our own future as areas of our own cities become no-go areas for anyone who disagrees with these crazies' version of religion.

It's been fashionable for decades now to damn the Spanish for the excesses they committed during the Inquisition. However, as you watch what's becoming of so many of our own cities as this brand of craziness becomes more and more established among a rapidly-growing slice of our own citizens, all too many of them born in the West, you begin to understand what the Spanish faced and perhaps why they needed to indulge in those excesses.

I for one cannot see how we might even hope to win the coming conflict with radical Islam. For coming it surely is, while many would say that the Islamists, [unlike our own leaders], understand that it has already started.

Islam as these people see it has nothing to do with religion. It is simply a means for a group of scared old men to maintain the status quo, with them in a position of power - and far too many ill-educated young men are all too willing to follow them, perhaps for the same reason.

rh200, there won't be any damsels left among those poor girls by now.

500N
8th May 2014, 02:34
Plenty of Green Berets already in Africa so ready made force already there.

tartare
8th May 2014, 03:21
Although I note the presence of `advisors' there already, as well as more on their way - I suspect they aren't the type that dispense advice with an MP5 while wearing night vision goggles.
They're probably arriving in Djibouti as we speak - all go by the name of Mr. Cooper and hail from Virginia....
I'd be surprised if the SEALS or anyone else were sent in.
Why?
Sadly - because the victims are poor.
They are black.
In a part of the world few people care about.
And they are not US, EU, UK citizens.
I'm surprised we haven't yet had a response to this thread along the lines of "it's their fight, let them sort it out.":(

rh200
8th May 2014, 04:08
I'm surprised we haven't yet had a response to this thread along the lines of "it's their fight, let them sort it out."

Thats why I said their on a "win win" situation. School girls in trouble is good PR. Hell even "who gives a sh!t what she thinks" Angelina Jolie is squarking.

Ogre
8th May 2014, 04:15
The down side is that those who perpetrate the crime have sympathetic ears all over the world in the form of other groups who have similar goals. Any attempt to rescue the captives will be seen as oppression of these "freedom fighters"** who are trying to live their lives in accord with their values.

Aforementioned sympathetic ears will then stir up trouble in their own neighbourhoods, escalating the cause in the name of "fighting for my freedom from persecution".

And so it goes on.

** "One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist" quote by someone many years ago.

Mac the Knife
8th May 2014, 04:19
Africa has more than her fair share of loose groupings like this who don't really have any coherent political ideology or strategy apart from a catchy name and who are little more than bandit groups in failing states.

Boko Haram, the LRA, the Somali pirates - dozens of 'em - Africa's Shining Path.

Massacres, as suggested by Octane, are momentary satisfying but the fact is that these banditti are the product of states whose governments are hazy at best, and for whom all-pervading corruption and nepotism are ways of life entrenched for centuries that colonialism, "liberation" and foreign aid have done little to disturb other than to add more money to the pot.

The big changes have been the ready availability of the AK47, the "Technical" (truck), the IED and the cellphone - all of which have transformed the possibilities of these testosterone-fuelled, almost completely uneducated, futureless and mostly illiterate young men to create mayhem and further destabilise their already fragile and ill-defined societies.

Mac

Soon enough there will be no topsoil, no trees and no animals - just the standard skeletal children and the big Chinese convoys removing the last of the mineral wealth.

Worrals in the wilds
8th May 2014, 04:31
My fear is that the group of barbarians who've done this will just see all the international fuss as the sign of a successful PR campaign, and will continue to do more of it. :yuk::yuk::yuk:

500N
8th May 2014, 04:35
Worrals

Agree.

Espada III
8th May 2014, 05:19
I wish I understood the mentality of western, mainly left wing, white types who condemn all western action in Islamic countries, and especially the actions of Israel (e.g. Baroness Jenny Tonge, Roger Waters etc). Current radical Islamic thought has nothing to do with the Palestinian problem and everything to do with world domination and yet there is this idea that if you kick the Jews out of Israel, all the problems disappear.

Boko Haram will still exist to terrorise Nigeria, even if every jew in the world is dead.

500N
8th May 2014, 05:24
"and yet there is this idea that if you kick the Jews out of Israel, all the problems disappear. "

The same problems will still exist there, just they will fight between themselves / the factions.

Solid Rust Twotter
8th May 2014, 05:31
...the individuals responsible tried like the criminals they are...

That'll depend on how quickly they hit the ground face down and spreadeagled well away from any weapons.

tartare
8th May 2014, 05:59
...all of the above aside, it is very satisfying to imagine some MP5 advice being dispensed.
Flash, bang, crack, crack, crack - Get down and stay down...!

Solid Rust Twotter
8th May 2014, 06:05
How long is the world going to stand by and watch as this bunch of rabid dogs murder, terrorize and kidnap?...

Dogs have more class than to behave in that manner.

rh200
8th May 2014, 06:32
The down side is that those who perpetrate the crime have sympathetic ears all over the world in the form of other groups who have similar goals. Any attempt to rescue the captives will be seen as oppression of these "freedom fighters"** who are trying to live their lives in accord with their values.

"Hello" thieving schoolgirls on mass, doesn't go down well anywhere. There might be an undercurrent of sympathy in a lot of the more extreme side of things in a lot of the places. But if someone goes in just to take them out and rescue them, you can be sure there won't be much protesting.

Even the hard line Islamists know theres only so far you can push.

Capetonian
8th May 2014, 06:40
Surprised that nobody so far has mentioned Mossad as a possible solution to Boko Haram. The problem is that it isn't anything other than a loose grouping of useless thugs who use the name to justify their violence, it has no head, no structure, and no strategy, and that is what makes it so hard to eliminate.

Scorched earth is probably the solution, which is how most of Africa will end up anyway.

500N
8th May 2014, 06:44
Mossad does things quietly and how does a "white" person move around Africa quietly to do the deed ????

I think you find them, then drop into location nearby at night, stealthy move at night and whack them as you have everything in your favour.

PTT
8th May 2014, 07:07
Mossad does things quietly and how does a "white" person move around Africa quietly to do the deeNon sequitur?

As I said here (http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/539326-speaking-nigeria.html#post8467817):
Yep, disgusting behaviour from warlords abounds once again. Not the first time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Kurram_agency_mass_kidnapping) such a thing has happened, won't be the last.
The BH scum have been targeting Christians for some years. I note the utter lack of outcry from the usual suspects ... They've been targeting the west rather than Christians (for clarity, I mean that their main target is western educational systems rather than targeting people because they are Christian - that's not to dismiss the sectarian aspects). Their beef is with western education (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/10163942/Extremist-attack-in-Nigeria-kills-42-at-boarding-school.html), which they see as the root of all evil. Unsurprising that education should be considered evil by followers of a religion based on lack of evidence...As a regional insurgency waged by Boko Haram has spread, the group has sought to retaliate against government offensives by attacking government schools.
It maintains that Western-style education is at the root of corruption

MissionAccomplished
8th May 2014, 07:10
Cape: Via drones and Tomahawk missiles is how this may likely play out. Can't see the UN doing anything effective, can you?

500N
8th May 2014, 07:14
They would have to be very tightly bunched to get them all with drones and Tomahawks ?

tony draper
8th May 2014, 07:37
Loads of those B52s sitting out in the desert doing nowt,fettle them, round the clock carpet Bombing,50 of them heading out 50 of them heading back to be tooled up again.

Sop_Monkey
8th May 2014, 08:25
Just you lot wait one minute!!!

What about Boko Harem human rights??!!! Shouldn't they be given time to explain themselves and their actions? They should be given at least 2 years to do so. It has only been 3 weeks since this alleged kidnap took place. Give them time to explain and to get their act together to be able to do so, please. Then maybe the EU could form a committee to look into this, after they have decided on a country to host and where to house the participants.

When I first heard the words "Boko Harem" I thought it referred to Phocal Harem? Excuse the spelling, a pop group that used to have a number in the charts when I was youn. "Turn a whiterrr.....shade of pale...."

Cacophonix
8th May 2014, 08:43
God help Nigeria! Bloodthirsty loonies within, bloodthirsty loonies without...

I am sure the last thing decent hard working peace loving Nigerians (and there are many of them) want is external parties bombing (by remote control or any other means) the country while 'helping' them.

The country has seen bloody civil war before, precipitate unthinking action (this is something so let's do it kind of action) might just help that happen again. A more subtle approach could just be advisable...

As for Britain it is part of Britain's failure in that not only has she lost the intelligence of her Arabists, she has also completely lost her influence in Africa and no more so than in her ex colonies where the coalition of very different areas both geographically, religiously and culturally created chaos and built part of the monstrosity that is Nigeria today.

Still we really are a nation of bankers and estate agents now so let the drones hum while the oil pumps! :sad:

Caco

Mac the Knife
8th May 2014, 09:12
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence”

Something that a German political leader of the 1930's understood only too well (as did Lenin, Stalin and Trotsky).

It was only when, after much shilly-shallying, that the very same principle was applied to his regime that he was eventually halted.

Unless differentiated by radically advanced military technologies (nukes and/or CBW) or overwhelming economic force, the bad guys will always win because they have no scruples, no hesitations and understand that the only important thing about shooting women and kids is you don't need to lead 'em so much!

Mac

But the situations are not analogous, and I see no answer to Boko Haram other than a Mau-Mau/Malayan Emergency type response - which the divided Nigerian government has neither the resources or the will to carry out

Tankertrashnav
8th May 2014, 09:52
Are you allowed to say "Nigeria" these days?

It could be tricky, even almost 50 years ago. It got the legendary Jack de Manio into trouble as far back as 1956.

De Manio's career nearly crashed in 1956 when he was duty announcer for the BBC's Home Service. A major radio feature, The Land of the Niger, was broadcast worldwide to mark a Royal visit to Nigeria. Carelessly, he back-announced it as 'The Land of the Nigger'. There was outrage; he was immediately suspended and then returned to the General Overseas Service.

Wingswinger
8th May 2014, 10:59
It really is getting on for time that the rich, militarily powerful countries of the world buried their differences and got together to sort out this rabid islamofascism once and for all. If the left squeals, tough.

Worrals in the wilds
8th May 2014, 11:06
Is the left actually squealing?
My extremely leftie-leaning Farcebook feed indicates otherwise. Find 'em and hang 'em seems to be the prevailing theme, and I have no issue with that.

onetrack
8th May 2014, 11:55
Lemme see ....

A long time ago, the white man moved into Africa and developed parts of it and tried to tame the tribal wars.
Then the blacks complained about "white man evils" in the form of killing lots of troublemaking blacks, and taking all the blacks land.
So the white man largely left, or handed over control, and the bulk of the land, back to the blacks, usually under "international pressure".

Now that blacks are killing blacks wholesale, the blacks are calling on the white man for help.
If the white man moves back into Africa and kills some troublemaking blacks - guess who will soon be the "bad guys" again???

Leave them all, to kill each other off, same as they have always done. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by the Western Christian nations supplying troops, that will risk their lives for absolutely no gain.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with a sense of justice and a large degree of empathy - I'm just explaining the rational view and the likely outcome of any military adventures into Africa.
It's not like there's a large group of worthy individuals there, who will be eternally grateful to the West.
The bulk of them are worthless, corrupt, morally-deficient, scumbags and scammers - intent on bleeding white people dry, at every opportunity.

It's really no different to America supporting a corrupt, ruthless, decadent scumbag like Ngo Dinh Diem in South Vietnam in the 1960's - and we all know how that SE Asian military exercise ended up.

Effluent Man
8th May 2014, 13:28
There is probably a certain section of "The Left" that feels that way.But they are probably those that Admiral Draper refers to as"The Fluffies".I can't imagine most on the left would have any problem with wiping these guys out.

Tankertrashnav
8th May 2014, 13:54
There is probably a certain section of "The Left" that feels that way.

Worrals is correct - there are a lot of straw men being set up here. When I hear of an article in the Guardian opposing Western intervention in the fight against Boko Haram thugs, I'll accept the above opinion. Until now all I've seen is unanimity from all sides of the political spectrum.

Don_Apron
8th May 2014, 15:19
I'm not sure the black man, (whoops am I allowed to say that?) Did ask for help. The world were very slow in putting something together and now after 3 weeks there is a huge fashionable band wagon on the roll. All of a sudden after 3 weeks those poor kids have been through hell and back I would imagine, the world has suddenly woken up.

Agree, something has to be done with this lot in general. I am of the opinion, bury the hatchet for the moment, join up with Putin and wipe this scum off the face of the earth for good.

500N
8th May 2014, 15:23
Don

Putin won't be interested, it is Africa.

You'd have more luck with the Chinese who have a vested interest
in all things African !

Don_Apron
8th May 2014, 15:50
500N

I am looking at the big picture, long term, worldwide, extra sunshine and all the rest of it. I don't think there is an alternative. They want world domination so they should be stopped. We cannot just sit back and hope the problem will go away because it wont.

500N
8th May 2014, 15:55
OK, gotcha.

Yes, I can see your point.

Some would say that it is putting the fox in charge of the hen house !!!

Putin causing problems on one hand and helping solve them on the other !!! LOL

Mac the Knife
8th May 2014, 16:31
"You'd have more luck with the Chinese who have a vested interest in all things African !"

As I have pointed out several times before, the Chinese have no intention whatsoever of getting involved in African internal politics. They've grown up a lot since the days of the Cultural Revolution.

UPDATE 1-Chinese premier pledges no strings support for Africa | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/08/africa-china-idUSL6N0NU3NP20140508)

Their interest in Africa is purely as a source of raw materials and, to a much lesser extent, as a minor tertiary market for low/medium value goods.

Mac

:cool:

RatherBeFlying
9th May 2014, 05:14
Nigeria and Afghanistan have a lot in common on this one. Wahhabi financed groups were/are seriously armed such that local populations cannot defend themselves. Add giant heaps of corruption..

It doesn't work in Iraq because the Shia have the arms to look after themselves against the Salafists/Wahhabis. Same in Libya.

tony draper
9th May 2014, 08:25
Just heard on what passes for our news channels here now that a lot of celebs,film stars singers actors musicians artists politician wives ect are getting involved in the kidnapped girls thing,well that's it! Boko Harem will be shitting themselves when they hear that,
:uhoh:
One star was quoted as saying,"This is a terrible organization some of them have never even heard of me"

Worrals in the wilds
9th May 2014, 09:31
One star was quoted as saying,"This is a terrible organization some of them have never even heard of me" Wrt this story last night's primary Australian news broadcast referred to 'Celebrities and other world leaders condemn...'
:ugh::ugh::ugh:
Wahhabi financed groups were/are seriously armed such that local populations cannot defend themselves. Add giant heaps of corruption.. Sounds about right. :( But the Saudis are our friends, yeah? So the pollies keep saying...:bored:

Solid Rust Twotter
9th May 2014, 12:28
...celebs,film stars singers actors musicians artists politician wives ect...

They'll probably sing Kumbaya at them.

The horror....!

Revnetwork
9th May 2014, 13:27
For those interested in the history of Boko Haram and what the Nigerian military have been doing against the bunch of murderers, follow the link
http://www.crisisgroup.org/~/media/Files/africa/west-africa/nigeria/216-curbing-violence-in-nigeria-ii-the-boko-haram-insurgency.pdf

Sop_Monkey
9th May 2014, 17:26
I firmly believe there are a lot of demonstrations within the Muslim communities everywhere against this kidnapping outrage but I haven't heard of any. Mind you it's just been over 3 weeks so the news may not have filtered through.

Worrals

These extremists are getting their money for arms somewhere. From the Saudis? Of course not! They are our "friends". lol. :}

radeng
9th May 2014, 18:28
Being a fluffy sandal wearing liberal, I go for the principle that thugs like Boko_Haram and the Somali pirates and AQ etc. should be treated in the same way as a diseases like polio and smallpox - i.e. totally exterminated without mercy. For the greater good of the rest of the world.

PTT
9th May 2014, 18:51
I firmly believe there are a lot of demonstrations within the Muslim communities everywhere against this kidnapping outrage but I haven't heard of any.Takes 3 minutes with Google:
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/africa/2014/05/07/Muslim-leader-condemn-Boko-Haram-s-abduction-of-schoolgirls.html
Muslim scholars condemn Boko Haram's 'heinous' acts | Arab News ? Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more. (http://www.arabnews.com/news/567611)
Muslims Against Terror.com ? SaharaReporters Please Take Down Your Boko Haram Recruitment Promotion Video (http://muslimsagainstterror.com/saharareporters-please-take-down-your-boko-haram-recruitment-promotion-video/)
Muslim Students Attack Boko Haram, Call Them Devilish | INFORMATION NIGERIA (http://www.informationng.com/2014/05/muslim-students-attack-boko-haram-call-them-devilish.html)

lomapaseo
9th May 2014, 22:49
Given some of the tough talk in this thread, PPRuNe should sponsor an (Old) Dogs of War mission to Nigeria full of the aggrieved and outraged brought out of retirement to live up to the threats and stick it to the islamoterrorists.

They'll need a strong leader else they'll go around shooting each other

rh200
9th May 2014, 23:35
Takes 3 minutes with Google:

Yea I'm sort of thinking a demonastration of outrage you get that we in the general community actually know about it with out googling. Its not as if the general population are living in a media blackout.

Hell we can get demo's and outrage over all sorts of crap and know about it whether we like it or not.

Worrals in the wilds
10th May 2014, 00:06
Its not as if the general population are living in a media blackout.
I dunno, the media is very selective about what they report.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th May 2014, 00:15
The State Department under Hillary Clinton fought hard against placing the al Qaeda-linked militant group Boko Haram on its official list of foreign terrorist organizations for two years. And now, lawmakers and former U.S. officials are saying that the decision may have hampered the American government’s ability to confront the Nigerian group that shocked the world by abducting hundreds of innocent girls.

In the past week, Clinton, who made protecting women and girls a key pillar of her tenure at the State Department, has been a vocal advocate for the 200 Nigerian girls kidnapped by Boko Haram, the loosely organized group of militants terrorizing northern Nigeria. Her May 4 tweet about the girls, using the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls, was cited across the media and widely credited for raising awareness of their plight….

What Clinton didn’t mention was that her own State Department refused to place Boko Haram on the list of foreign terrorist organizations in 2011, after the group bombed the U.N. headquarters in Abuja. The refusal came despite the urging of the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and over a dozen senators and congressmen.
Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists - The Daily Beast (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/07/hillary-s-state-department-refused-to-brand-boko-haram-as-terrorists.html)
e.g.
http://homeland.house.gov/sites/homeland.house.gov/files/033012__King_letter_to_SecClinton.pdf

They were finally placed on the list by John Kerry in November 2013.

10Watt
10th May 2014, 00:36
Close to home.

Gerry Adams, Martin M ( l can`t spell it ) are terrorists.

They worked the system and sent a message to the world, that bombing

innocent people works. lt does.

Our favourite uncle Nelson was the template.

As a law abiding tax paying citizen l`m not sure if l should be *rsed.

ChrisVJ
10th May 2014, 00:45
The trouble with the whole "Let's go over there and wipe them out " scenario is that by the time 'we' get there they will have disappeared into the local population. Short of killing every single soul you are going over there to save there is probably no effective way of eradicating them.

meadowrun
10th May 2014, 00:50
Boko boys are not really terrorists, a more apt description might be "young adult gangs".

They are not fighting for religion - that's an excuse. They just like havoc and robbing and kidnapping for money and rape.

There is reported information that Nigeria knew this kidnapping would happen and did nothing.
Nigeria's armed forces and police forces could handle the situation and eliminate Boko with the right motivation and world governments could provide that motivation to Nigeria's government if they got their heads out of their asses.

BenThere
10th May 2014, 00:56
I tend to agree. Nigeria is primary example of a nation that can and needs to take care of its own problem without Western interference, aid, or armies.

There are many countries who need to address their Islamist risk. Nigeria has to step up and crush that element, as do we all.

500N
10th May 2014, 01:24
Not sure you can crush it.

My gut feel is one way to stop these wars is to have good economics
and try to make sure people feel they are getting something for their
effort, suitable reward, not feel hard done by.

"People with full bellies tend not to want to fight" :O

Just my HO.

BenThere
10th May 2014, 01:58
Maybe, but Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria, Libya, and others, like Venezuela should have great economics, as oil revenues could have provided many of the needs of the people, properly applied.

They fight because they like fighting.

It's not economics, but ideology that drives the violence in today's world.

Andu
10th May 2014, 02:04
Am I the only one just a little bit sickened by the Hollywood celebs who have now leapt aboard this long-overdue bandwagon?

I accept that (sad as it is, it's true) their putting their names to the cause will give it much publicity that it otherwise would never gain, but these are the same people who are 'Fashionably Left' in damn near everything they do, which includes a studious ignoring of anything critical of That Religion We Dare Not Mention Here.

Michelle Obama's 'selfie' with her silly bloody message pretty well says it all about just how low America has descended in the world leadership stakes. Even as a non-American, I found that little short of embarrassing.

Sop_Monkey
10th May 2014, 04:21
PTT

Yes I am well aware of your research skills, digging out information from the net. A lot of it planted to fool the likes of you.

What I am really trying to get across when I mentioned demonstrations is where is the mass opposition to this outrage from the general muslim community? Such as the hysteria shown when a few harmless but apt cartoons appeared on the seen from Scandinavia?? Now what is really more important, the welfare of about 300 young defenseless humans who lifes are being ruined, or a few cartoons??? What does your research say to that PTT??

Andu

You are not alone, let me assure you.

Eclan

Talk about kicking ass and blasts from the past etc.,we could always get G doubleya back, resurrect G Patton to run the operation, with a few sunshine bombs at their disposal if things move a bit slow. Then you would really have a show.

7x7
10th May 2014, 06:44
The only way the West can ever hope to win this war - for war it is, even if many in the West cannot bring themselves to acknowledge it - is for the West to adopt the scale of commitment AND the tactics that the US did to defeat Japan in WW2.

Myself, I can't see the current leadership in any Western country having the will to do either. And nor can I see the general populace in any Western nation having the will to give up their apparent all-consuming need to follow the lives of the Kardashians et al to fight such a war.

rh200
10th May 2014, 06:50
I dunno, the media is very selective about what they report.
Very True Worrals. I think that if there was mass outrage and demonstrations by the followers of the "Religion of Peace":yuk:, against something being done in their name by people following their religion, that would be enough for the media to pay attention.

PTT
10th May 2014, 09:11
rh200 & Sop Monkey - Oh, I see: they're not protesting enough for you. Perhaps thou doth protest too much? :ok:
Of course, if there had been violent protests of the sort you are talking about then that would simply be another "muslims protest violently" thing for you to wax indignantly about.

against something being done in their nameWhose name is it being done in?

Yes I am well aware of your research skills, digging out information from the net. If "digging out" is defined as going as far as the 3rd page in a google search then yeah, I'm really good at that ;)

John Hill
10th May 2014, 09:28
The only way the West can ever hope to win this war - for war it is, even if many in the West cannot bring themselves to acknowledge it - is for the West to adopt the scale of commitment AND the tactics that the US did to defeat Japan in WW2.

Nuke a few cities? Which ones do you suggest?

Cacophonix
10th May 2014, 09:33
Nuke a few cities? Which ones do you suggest?

Must admit I thought the same thing... ;)

Methinks that all the blood curdling ideas (each more severe, expensive and destructive than the last) have one thing in common in that they throw the baby out with the bath water.

Still if the ideas are cathartic for the posters then who am I to laugh? :)

Caco

Cacophonix
10th May 2014, 09:49
Interring muslims in the same way as the Americans did the Japanese during WWII would seem to be a sensible starting point.

All Muslims...!

Mr Hill I see your own particular form of hyperbole leads down the road that civilised nations just don't go...

would seem to be a sensible starting point

Quo vadis?

Caco

John Hill
10th May 2014, 09:52
Hyperbole? You do recall I suppose hearing that Japan surrendered after two of their cities had been 'nuked'.

John Hill
10th May 2014, 09:54
Interring muslims in the same way as the Americans did the Japanese during WWII would seem to be a sensible starting point.

1,700,000,000 behind barbed wire? Where?

PTT
10th May 2014, 09:55
There are some subtle differences between WW2 Japan and Islamists/Islamic Extremists/Terrorists which you chaps might have missed...

Cacophonix
10th May 2014, 09:57
You do recall I suppose hearing that Japan surrendered after two of
their cities had been 'nuked'.

Your non sequitur does not compute. You have just suggested interring Muslims... I was referring to that notion not to the even more ludicrous 'nuclear' option...

I have to love JB, just when I think I am the biggest nutcase I know, I come here and perceive my mania is but mild... ;)

Caco

John Hill
10th May 2014, 10:02
My comment about nuking a couple of cities was in response to 7x7's..

John Hill
10th May 2014, 10:04
PTT wrote..
There are some subtle differences between WW2 Japan and Islamists/Islamic Extremists/Terrorists which you chaps might have missed...

Thats the problem with armchair warriors, always wanting to fight the next war the way their fathers fought the last.

PTT
10th May 2014, 10:08
Indeed.

I think that perhaps Caco is mixing up his Johns. Hills and Smiths are not the same ;)

Cacophonix
10th May 2014, 10:11
I think that perhaps Caco is mixing up his Johns. Hills and Smiths are not the same ;)

Indeed and nothing stronger than tea in my cup this morning...;)

I'll go and lie down and have a little rest.

Caco

vee-tail-1
10th May 2014, 10:30
Internment of all Muslims would not be possible, it would require a very right wing government ...

Hmmn perhaps a UKIP / Conservative coalition might make a start by investigating / interning all Muslim fighters returning from Syria?

Ooops the Conlibs are already doing that :ok:

PTT
10th May 2014, 10:41
The Siege Trailer - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2400691225)

tony draper
10th May 2014, 11:01
Send 10,000 Ghurkas in, pay a beard bonus.:)

sitigeltfel
10th May 2014, 11:19
Internment of all Muslims would not be possible, it would require a very right wing government ...

Hmmn perhaps a UKIP / Conservative coalition might make a start by investigating / interning all Muslim fighters returning from Syria?

Ooops the Conlibs are already doing that :ok:

And there would be plenty left wing, human rights lawyers queuing up to defend them......paid for with your taxes.

John Hill
10th May 2014, 11:28
Oh do try to get a grip on reality, what you are talking about is imprisoning more than five times the population of America or two and a half times the population of Europe!

Cacophonix
10th May 2014, 11:28
During the Spanish civil war Englishmen of both left and right wing persuasion left to fight for whatever side fitted the political proclivities and often ended up fighting each other. The British government at the time did not see fit to intern any of those gentlemen who were lucky enough to return and yet we are prepared to sacrifice such freedom of choice and conscience today when we are dealing with Muslims.

Also let's us not forget that until very recently the government was hell bent on getting us all involved in the war in Syria.

Shurely shome hypocrisy and illiberal double standard at work here.

(And yes I am aware of the danger of some of these guys returning having been totally radicalised and now well trained and dangerous)...

Caco

Mac the Knife
10th May 2014, 11:43
Reminds me of an old Vietnam joke about how to solve the problem.

"First you take all the friendlies off-shore in a fleet of ships"

"Then you bomb the country flat"

"And finally, you sink the ships...."

Mac

;)

rh200
10th May 2014, 13:02
Your are correct their, couldn't put it better myself:ok:. The Nazi's and Japanese where civilised by comparison and had values. What was that saying, act like savages, treat them like savages.

And there would be plenty left wing, human rights lawyers queuing up to defend them......paid for with your taxes.

You could always include them in there with them, after all they would want to with them, all for one, one for all sort of thing:E

Sop_Monkey
10th May 2014, 15:05
PTT

Your proven ability to avoid answering a direct question, with a load of rubbish is quite staggering. Have ever thought about becoming a politician? Please don't take that as a compliment as it wasn't intended believe me.

If you were working for me and refused answer a direct question put to you, it would be looked upon as insolence and you would be dealt with accordingly.

vee-tail-1
10th May 2014, 15:54
Very depressing comment on BBC R4 'Any Answers' today, by a graduate Nigerian studying in UK.
He made a number of points regarding corruption in the Nigerian government, and their lack of interest in the abducted girls. Also he thinks the Nigerian military have been supplying weapons and bullets to the BH terrorists because both are Muslim.
Another caller with experience of Nigeria suggests that help is too late now as all the girls will have been dispersed as slaves and wives. The terrorists having merged back into their villages.
Drones might find something, but as in Pakistan, strikes are likely to kill villagers and alienate the locals even more against Westerners.
So again a chance for our useless politicians to appear to be doing something yet achieving nothing. :rolleyes:

Dushan
10th May 2014, 16:01
Oh do try to get a grip on reality, what you are talking about is imprisoning more than five times the population of America or two and a half times the population of Europe!

He said "the ones living amongst us", not all.
It's obviously not going to happen, but OTOH it would be nice if more vocal protest is seen by those who "reportedly" disagree with tactics of their religious brethren.

lomapaseo
10th May 2014, 16:14
but OTOH it would be nice if more vocal protest is seen by those who "reportedly" disagree with tactics of their religious brethren.

and just how does one protest, silently or with a gun?

maybe somewhere in between

Just look at the catholic priests vs the laity. Did the latter grab ropes and a ladder to hang the miscreants or did they just allow the authorities to act under the laws of the land.

be thankful that in the Bokos case there is not loud outside support for these kidnaps

PTT
10th May 2014, 16:19
Sop_Monkey - wtf are you on about? I've not failed to answer a single question you've put to me. I am saying that you are wanting to have your cake and eat it: either they don't protest enough for it to make the headlines and you're unhappy about it, or that protest so much that they make the headlines and you are unhappy about it. Either way you will criticise.

Dushan
10th May 2014, 16:30
and just how does one protest, silently or with a gun?

The same way one protests because a few stupid cartoons were published in a newspaper. I want to see 100,000 Muslims in the square, in every major city in the world, shouting "fatwa to Boko Haram". Then I'll believe them that they don't agree with the action of a "few bad apples".

Capetonian
10th May 2014, 17:06
Michelle Obama delivers presidential address and calls for Nigerian girls' release - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/michelle-obama/10821636/Michelle-Obama-delivers-presidential-address-and-calls-for-Nigerian-girls-release.html)

Well that'll fix it. We can close this thread now!

PTT
10th May 2014, 17:11
Dushan - were Christians in the street protesting the actions of Anders Breivik? Do you believe that those who were not agree with his actions?

The protests are there, but they are less well reported. Google is your friend.

BenThere
10th May 2014, 17:18
I'd like to think Mrs. Obama is starting to 'get it', but I have my doubts.

Islamist doctrine is no more noble that the Ku Klux Klan. It is intolerance, misogyny, xenophobia, and murderousness - no better than the Nazis who murdered millions of their best and brightest citizens for no reason.

The madrases and mosques are churning out new and hateful adherents by the thousands, daily. This will have to come to a head at some point.

vulcanised
10th May 2014, 17:23
I don't know about "fix it", reckon that could be a death sentence for the girls, assuming they haven't been disposed of in other ways.

pigboat
10th May 2014, 18:04
Well that'll fix it. We can close this thread now!

SteynOnline: #BringBackOurBalls. (http://www.steynonline.com/6326/bringbackourballs)

airship
10th May 2014, 18:18
It's outrageous how this group originating in the '60s appeared so innocent then, yet 40 years afterwards are back in the spot-light now.

Yet even back then, if anyone had cared to note, they were mentioning at least "16 vestal virgins" (if not 72) in their communications. It's all here in black & white:

Procol Harum 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale' 1967 - YouTube

Dushan
10th May 2014, 19:14
Dushan - were Christians in the street protesting the actions of Anders Breivik? Do you believe that those who were not agree with his actions?

The protests are there, but they are less well reported. Google is your friend.

I don't think that he did it in the name of Christianity or because it is written in the Bible. Boko Haram, OTOH...

con-pilot
10th May 2014, 19:44
It never fails to amaze me that after reading and/or hearing about atrocities, after atrocities, after atrocities, after atrocities and more inhumane crimes against men, women and children by Muslims, that someone will jump up and point at one or two acts by a deranged non-Muslim and say, "See, see, Christians are just as bad."

When in fact the deranged non-Muslim committing crimes, may or may not in fact even be Christian, and never uses any religion as any type of justification for their heinous acts.

:rolleyes:

Sop_Monkey
10th May 2014, 20:12
Con

Well said.

Seems even the Aliens are getting weed off with them.

UFO Attacks Taliban Camp: Footage Shows Triangular Craft Hovering In Afghanistan (VIDEO) (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/08/ufo-attacks-taliban-camp-triangular-craft-afghanistan-video_n_5286120.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular)

airship
10th May 2014, 21:03
con-pilot and Sop_Monkey, I'd agree with you both, if only that the Internet, press or even a "free-press" probably didn't exist back in the 16th Century when the Spanish continued their expulsion of former Muslims (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expulsion_of_the_Moriscos) (who'd even converted to Christianity)?! Well OK, they were all simply put on EasyJet flights back to Morocco and a few hundred Euros in compensation. There were no deaths, no torture etc...?! :}

Go back a few centuries earlier, and the few Muslims in Europe of those days were subjected to much worse.

Perhaps it explains (in part at least) why at some Catholic priests have recently been in the news. The non-believers (non-Muslims, non-Christians as you put it) have basically contributed to the more general ideas of the times, curtailing all the former powers of the Church/es to wreak havoc here in Europe on normally civilised and law-abiding peoples belonging to other religions (or not). And probably why at least some of them began taking it out on kids.

Perhaps c-p at least has been sampling some of his more exotic Scotch when writing last...? :confused:

con-pilot
10th May 2014, 22:41
Perhaps it explains (in part at least) why at some Catholic priests have recently been in the news. The non-believers (non-Muslims, non-Christians as you put it) have basically contributed to the more general ideas of the times, curtailing all the former powers of the Church/es to wreak havoc here in Europe on normally civilised and law-abiding peoples belonging to other religions (or not). And probably why at least some of them began taking it out on kids.

Perhaps c-p at least has been sampling some of his more exotic Scotch when writing last...?

No, no Scotch yet, happy hour is still 27 minutes away.

As repugnant and vile as it is, Catholic priests taking advantage of young boys and yes even girls entrusted to them, is not the same a drugging a young Muslim boy or girl to walk into a crowded area and blow themselves up, along with dozen, if not hundreds of innocent men, women and children.

And the next time a Catholic priest hijacks an airliner and flies it into a building, let me know will you?

But thank you for proving my point. :ok:

Fubaar
10th May 2014, 23:13
Michelle Obama saying the mass kidnapping is "unconscionable"... (How many Democrat voters would know that that word meant without running to the dictionary, I wonder?)

I'd be guessing that in the fear factor of rural Nigerian gang members, that's right up alongside a threatened 'sanction' from the UN.

Your husband's been a laughing stock in the Third World for years now, Michelle. With your 'selfie' and that comment, you've joined him.

500N
10th May 2014, 23:18
Fubaar

I just read an article on Michelle and her selfie.

I wonder if she would have done it if they had been white ?

Dushan
10th May 2014, 23:27
Go back a few centuries earlier, and the few Muslims in Europe of those days were subjected to much worse.

So what! That was then. It's over. We don't do that any more. Don't try to rationalize today's crimes and atrocities because of what someone did 400 years ago.

Cacophonix
10th May 2014, 23:53
Motorcycle Gang Laws... Queensland, Australia. - YouTube

PTT
10th May 2014, 23:54
Dushan - and yet he says otherwise. Are you employing the "no true Scotsman" fallacy here?Don't try to rationalize today's crimes and atrocities because of what someone did 400 years ago.Don't try to rationalise the motivations of others based on your own understanding of those motivations.

con-pilot - except that it's by more than "one or two" people who happen to be Christian, and the fact that you're clumping together anyone who happens to be Muslim and a terrorist as a Muslim Terrorist. That's called cherrypicking.
Yes, lots of terrorist acts happen to be carried out by people who are Muslim, but they also happen to be carried out by people who are Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Atheist and just about any other religion you can think of. A sensible person would look for the real correlation rather than jumping to conclusions about it.

Cacophonix
10th May 2014, 23:55
Australian fascists...

Caco

500N
11th May 2014, 00:00
Caco

Fascists ?

I am not a great fan of the laws because they can (and have been)
used to target other "non motorcycle" groups.

But it was getting out of hand, seriously.

It went the same way as the Melbourne Underground wars,
criminals doing each other in in out of the way places, fine
but then it hit the public streets with shooting near shopping
centres, attempted fire bombings, murder etc

That's when the Police clamped down big time and I don't think
anyone blamed them.

Wiley
11th May 2014, 00:05
Unfortunately, as one who lived in a Muslim country for nearly 20 years, I can assure you that those injustices Muslims suffered at the hands of the Infidel a thousand years ago are as fresh in the memories of many of today's Muslims as last Saturday's football scores are to many of today's Infidels.

It's not just in the mosques either. Go to a coffee shop (the equivalent of the pub) and you might find an oral historian entertaining the place with blood-curdling tales of what the Crusaders did to the peaceful Moors in 1100AD.

Elsewhere here is a thread about the Palestinian children's television show where the Micky Mouse clone is encouraging seven year olds to "kill all Jews". These blokes are in the fight for the long haul. As others have said here before me, no one on our side is, and very few on our side, including some who post here regularly, will even acknowledge that we're in a fight.

Cacophonix
11th May 2014, 00:05
With respect to Aussie bikers....

Caco

Dushan
11th May 2014, 00:06
I can't think of one terrorist act committed in the name of Christianity, in the last 20 years, and probably longer. The only, remotely, similar acts were committed by IRA, in the name of a religion.

Islam is the only religion which can lay claim on hundreds of housands of dead people due to its ideology in the 21st century.

PTT, Cherry picking is you, equating the religion of some lunatic to a whole lot of lunatics operating in the name of a religion.

500N
11th May 2014, 00:07
Caco

I don't mind aussie bikers, even if some get up to some pretty interesting stuff. But it became like they thought they were above the law.

All they had to do was keep the heads down and not fly a red rag at the
Police and the Gov't.

Cacophonix
11th May 2014, 00:12
Bikers, keep us free...

I carry the colours but I wont do that here...

To all Aussie bikers, ride free fellahs...

7News - Hells Angels move to Gold Coast - YouTube

Caco

con-pilot
11th May 2014, 00:41
con-pilot - except that it's by more than "one or two" people who happen to be Christian, and the fact that you're clumping together anyone who happens to be Muslim and a terrorist as a Muslim Terrorist. That's called cherrypicking.

Yes, lots of terrorist acts happen to be carried out by people who are Muslim, but they also happen to be carried out by people who are Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Atheist and just about any other religion you can think of. A sensible person would look for the real correlation rather than jumping to conclusions about it.

And that is exactly what you do, cherry-picking, you cherry pick the extremely few terrorists act by non-Muslims in the last 60 years, lump them all together and say "See here!".

Totally disregarding the fact that in just the last 30 years, terrorists acts by Muslims exceed those by non-Muslim by a thousand fold.

Deny it all you want, but that does not change the truth, the truth you refuse to acknowledge.

That the vast, overwhelming acts of terror and terrorism are committed by Muslims in the world today and for the last 60 years.

pigboat
11th May 2014, 00:53
From a lady who knows what she's talking about:

Boko Haram and the kidnapped schoolgirls by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303701304579549603782621352?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702 303701304579549603782621352.html)

obgraham
11th May 2014, 01:07
Seemed to me that Mrs. O's outrage was just because the abducted girls "looked like hers". No mention whatsoever of Islam's role in the event.

There's a very easy way to locate and recover these girls, if we really have a mind to. Let the Russians do it. Persuade them to send in a planeload or two of their nasties, and don't tell them how to do it. In short order these girls will start to show up again, believe me.

500N
11th May 2014, 01:21
ob

Sounds reminiscent of the PLO Kidnappings ??? I think it was the PLO.

Didn't they threaten or actually kil some people or the family
of the kidnappers ?

obgraham
11th May 2014, 01:39
500:
They visited a few relatives of the kidnappers, and then mailed some of their body parts to the perps. No publicity. Case solved.

500N
11th May 2014, 02:01
I looked it up in the end. They skinned one family member alive on video,
mailed the skin to the rest with the video and the last thing on the video
is "more to follow". No more kidnappings.

I must admit it is a good way to go about it.

Dushan
11th May 2014, 02:18
Reminds me of a high jacking in the 60s. Turkish Arline hijacked by, probably, Armenians, or some such.

Landed in Sofia. The Bulgarians said "you have 15 minutes, then we come after you shooting. We don't care how many hostages get killed, they are not Bulgarian."

It took 10 minutes.

So the current hostages may suffer, if they are still alive, at all, but any further, similar, act needs to be discouraged. There is only one ting these people understand. Brutal force with no mercy. They are cowards.

RatherBeFlying
11th May 2014, 03:22
The underlying problem is that young Muslim men in these countries are without sexual outlets because the women are mostly inaccessible, especially to young men without means. Many take out their frustrations in violence.

In many African/ME countries men do not marry until 45 or so as it takes that long to save up a bride price. The girls get married/sold off at 14 or so and are carefully locked up before and often after marriage.

In our degenerate Western culture, kids begin hooking up in high school and are too busy pursuing the opposite sex to get overinvolved with weaponry;)

Yes, North American schools do suffer from school shootings, but the perps are kids who are not getting any.

500N
11th May 2014, 04:12
"Many take out their frustrations in violence."

Often on white women which achieves two things for them.

Earl
11th May 2014, 04:45
Cacophinix
Maybe if they had a Hells Angles Chapter in Nigeria this would have never happened.
But Hells Angles don't allow black membership.
Is that good or bad ha ha!
Nigeria is very corrupt from those of us that worked on the 747 for Air Atlanta can testify religiously that was based in Lagos a few years ago.
We all managed to have a good time there, but also feared for our lives.
How many pilots here travel from the hotel to the airport with armed security?
Then even then they try and attack the crew van and baggage trailer behind.
USA pilots can never say they have seen things like this.
We all have.
Seen one dead on the side of the road in Lagos.
Smell was bad.
Did lagos JFK flight,
Returned 4 days later same dead one there, same place, smell worse.
Fights between the flight attendants and pax in JFK.
We did the Air Nigeria contract.
Never enough money for fuel, always they tried to force us to take less than flight plan fuel.
Fuel was paid for in cash, not Air Atlanta problems.
One flight they even had to take donations from the pax to pay for the fuel.
Hope more air atlanta pilots can post here.
USA getting involved with this is useless, no matter what obama wife duck face shows.
They will use us then play games for more money.
Its sad for the girls and in no way is it correct for this to happen.
but thinking we can go in there and rescue, Nigerians are happy as more corrupt money in there pocket.
You have to have worked there to know this.

Earl
11th May 2014, 05:02
Air Atlanta Icelandic lost millions on this contract flying for Nigerian Air.
Non payment,
But I will say Air atlanta paid every one of us for the time and flying we did,
even though they did not get paid from the Nigerians
In this world there is countries you can trust and some you cannot.
Fill in the blanks here add what you want.
we all know the correct answer.
I did the blast flight out of there to lHR we took over a AOG virgin atlanic flight.
Nigerians was supposed to meet us on the ground with all past pass due money owed.
if money was paid then scheduled to do the return flight.
No money paid lied to again by the Nigerians.
contract cancelled.
If this is so important to duck face obama wife and the Hollywood stars let them hire some heroes to go in there.
its not worth one American military life.

WhatsaLizad?
11th May 2014, 06:20
200 girls was an easy years work for Uday Hussein before the US and the UK got involved and eventually put a bullet in his head.

Are the "fluffies" seeing things different these days?

Tarq57
11th May 2014, 12:50
I wonder where the Nigerian military or police are in all this.

Why is it necessary to send in forces from outside, when their own people seem loathe to act.

Part of the plan?

tony draper
11th May 2014, 13:08
According to a report on the news yesterday the Nigerian Military have a habit of taking to their heels when Mr Boko Harem appears or better still before they appear if they have good intelligence of the coming visit.

racedo
11th May 2014, 17:24
but not about the scam artists, but the kidnapped girls.

The same group that kidnapped the 200 some young girls, apparently have completely destroyed a village in Nigeria, killing all that lived there.

Now the Nigerian government has asked the United States for military help.

So now I guess the usual suspects here will scream about more US expansionism.

Talked to someone at Mass this morning who was visiting and on her way to a Catholic conference which monitors attacks on Catholics worldwide.

She said that 5 years ago they raised the issue of Boko Haram and what they were doing then and the clear message the group were sending out of what they intended to do.
They were abused and laughed at by Western Media and Politicians and she specific in naming US, Canada, UK and France as the ones who were the most negative and abusive as to there was no danger.
She said that if a jew is killed for their faith then Israel followed by USA is jumping up and down quickly, a muslim killed then its Pakistan followed by Saudi's, a christian killed then silence.

Apparently Baroness Warsi ( a Muslim) has been highlighting what has been happening to Christians, speaking about it in UK parliment but nobody really interested and Prince Charles has started talking and all of a sudden media asking questions.

500N
11th May 2014, 21:25
Someone mentioned France before as the one's who will solve this.

Just popped up in my local newspaper

France offers to host African security summit on Boko Haram
Read more: France offers to host African security summit on Boko Haram (http://www.smh.com.au/world/france-offers-to-host-african-security-summit-on-boko-haram-20140512-zr9sf.html#ixzz31RNm0JKa)

Lonewolf_50
12th May 2014, 14:28
I wonder where the Nigerian military or police are in all this. Why is it necessary to send in forces from outside, when their own people seem loathe to act.
Two ways to respond to that post:
1. Good point.
2. You must be an unfeeling racist.

Choose youre serial decisions based on which of the above options you chose. :E

MagnusP
12th May 2014, 14:52
France offers to host African security summit on Boko Haram

I wonder whether they'll serve andouillette at the buffet!

airship
12th May 2014, 14:56
Having allowed the UK, France and others, but especially the USA and their armed forces free-admission into Nigeria in the wake of the schoolgirl crisis, Jonathan had this to say:

"Good Luck fellow-Nigerians. When you hear a buzzing noise in your ears, swipe the fly away. If the buzzing still persists, then take cover (but it will probably be too late) anyway".

That's all Nigeria needs - US Predator zones equipped with Hellfires, piloted by teenaged juveniles back in good ole USA. :ok: :uhoh:

onetrack
12th May 2014, 15:01
MagnusP:I wonder whether they'll serve andouillette at the buffet!No, there'll just be the standard complimentary pigs trotters appetisers for the attendees. :E

500N
12th May 2014, 15:04
I see that Boko Haram has now released a video of the girls.

So at least it has made them do something.

Sop_Monkey
12th May 2014, 15:04
The good news is they have been filmed, however they would have been converted to Islam. That is real bad news. If they are ever again in a position to have a choice of practicing Christianity, that is a death sentence in itself. Converting from Islam is an insult to the profit (peace be upon him) blasphemy, punishable by death. What a beautiful religion.

Where's PTT when it is needed.

rgbrock1
12th May 2014, 15:09
con wrote:

I'm sure that's being arranged as you wrote that line. Not only these bastards need a good killing. So does every member of every and any AQ connected group.

Mac the Knife
12th May 2014, 15:18
I know I'm a grammar Nazi but "..when their own people seem loathe to act.." should be either loath or loth {bit archaic that} - meaning reluctant.

Loathe and loathing means something else (a severe dislike) and aren't related..

Personally, I loathe the lot of them...

Mac :yuk:

[Offensive cartoon deleted by Mods - Mac, you are on warning]

meadowrun
12th May 2014, 16:12
Big hint, that video. The girls are/were together. Means fair number of Boko with them. Logistics for 300+ not insubstantial.

airship
12th May 2014, 16:27
Big hint, that video. The girls are/were together. Means fair number of Boko with them. Logistics for 300+ not insubstantial.

WHOPEEE, "free fire" zone declared, weapons-free then, uhmmm, check...?! :ugh:

con-pilot
12th May 2014, 17:19
US Predator zones equipped with Hellfires, piloted by teenaged juveniles back in good ole USA

Careful there airship, that is our Nobel Peace Prize winning President you're talking aobut. :suspect:

meadowrun
12th May 2014, 18:45
airship

Well, not to get carried away just yet. Step one, find them.

Lonewolf_50
12th May 2014, 18:51
That's all Nigeria needs - US Predator zones equipped with Hellfires, piloted by teenaged juveniles back in good ole USA.
Except, of course, that they are not, and you are shown once again to be a liar.

Why do you do this, airship? What have you to gain?
that is our Nobel Peace Prize winning President you're talking aobut
No, he wasn't talking about the president.

con-pilot
12th May 2014, 19:44
No, he wasn't talking about the president.

I know that and you know that, but now I've got him completely confused.

Which I might add, is not that difficult.

All in all, this was just another cheap shot at the US of his, when he lies in expectation of an outrageous denial.

So I took the wind out of his sails as Obama is his hero and if you've noticed, he has not replied nor posted since my post.

Mission accomplished. :ok:

I've noticed that 99% of the left around here when they bitch about the US drone program, shut up when I point out that their hero Obama approves them and has increased drone strikes over a hundred fold since receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.

tony draper
12th May 2014, 20:15
Well we can console ourselves with one thing, if we do go into Africa we cant possibly fek it up as we have done interfering in the sandy places, because the whole place is already well and truly fecked.

con-pilot
12th May 2014, 20:20
Well we can console ourselves with one thing, if we do go into Africa we cant possibly fek it up as we have done interfering in the sandy places, because the whole place is already well and truly fecked.

It's pretty well been fecked up since the first time you lot went into Africa and fecked the place up. :p

meadowrun
12th May 2014, 20:22
Yes, it was a Garden of Eden before that.

tony draper
12th May 2014, 21:32
I suspect Africa was the same as anywhere else in the world before any outsider arrived, in a state of constant warfare betwixt tribes butchering each other for territory slaves or religion,the idea that anywhere on this planet was ever a garden of Eden before we honkies arrived is bollix.
:uhoh:

Lonewolf_50
12th May 2014, 21:36
the idea that anywhere on this planet was ever a garden of Eden before we honkies arrived is bollix.
I'll have to go with Tony on that one, except for the case of Tahiti. :}

Cacophonix
12th May 2014, 21:50
You know I was back in Jhb a couple of weeks ago and talking to an old friend of mine. The shit he saw in Angola killed his Christianity...

Still his wife loves him and that is bloody wonderful...

We drank whisky and looked at our lives but like men we are good not one ******* tear...

Mogg and Way - Death In The Family. - YouTube

Caco

Effluent Man
12th May 2014, 22:34
Just a question: How is it possible for this number of people to be moved around without being picked up by satellite surveillance?

con-pilot
12th May 2014, 22:43
Just a question: How is it possible for this number of people to be moved around without being picked up by satellite surveillance?

Despite what some here would like you to believe, the United States, nor any other country for that, cannot and does not cover every square inch of the world 24 hours a day by satellites.

Also, there is a finite amount of fuel that surveillance satellites carry and they are only moved for really good reasons. So there are mostly used to cover the hot spots in the world.

Now there may be a surveillance satellite over the area that we are discussing now, but it's a bit late. However, it still may come in handy.

Toadstool
12th May 2014, 22:43
There may be satellite surveillance, but the sheer amount of manpower time and effort needed to analyse the pictures of such a wide area makes the job next to impossible.

tony draper
12th May 2014, 22:47
Agent Orange? I understand that's good for clearing jungle.:rolleyes:

John Hill
13th May 2014, 00:11
the idea that anywhere on this planet was ever a garden of Eden before we honkies arrived is bollix.

Mr Draper, do you guys still paint yourselves blue and live in wattle and daub huts?

tony draper
13th May 2014, 00:15
Neolithic England was a exceeding violent place as was the Bronze and Iron age that followed,they didn't build all those hill forts to keep the mice out.
:rolleyes:

John Hill
13th May 2014, 01:39
I assume the Druids would still be sacrificing perfectly serviceable virgins if the Romans had not come along and civilised the place.

mikedreamer787
13th May 2014, 03:57
You mean a similar discussion like this might've
also occurred in merry olde England Mr Hill?

ExWfh6sGyso

sitigeltfel
13th May 2014, 06:28
Mr Draper, do you guys still paint yourselves blue

That was a myth, they just appeared to be blue because of the cold ;)

500N
13th May 2014, 06:40
I see the US now has manned aircraft over Nigeria.

Getting really involved.

pvmw
13th May 2014, 08:47
I see the US now has manned aircraft over Nigeria.

I imagine the usual suspects (Airship, K&C, JH etc) will be along shortly to bang on about US imperialism and how the US is always sticking its oar in, interfering where it isn't wanted and its all their fault anyway. Oh, er.... hang on - they were invited by the Nigerian Gov to assist.

Oh dear, that's going to be a hard one to reconcile. Maybe they'll just keep quiet and pretend it isn't happening.

Anthill
13th May 2014, 09:49
Screw that, just napalm the bastards.

beaufort1
13th May 2014, 10:02
One assumes the US will find them from information garnered by these flights or satellite. Then what? Do the Nigerians have the capability to rescue these hostages? I can foresee a bloodbath if things aren't handled properly. :uhoh:

Sop_Monkey
13th May 2014, 10:03
The usual suspects need to realize this.

If it wasn't for the intervention and the huge sacrifices made by the US in WW2 Aust and NZ would be speaking Japanese and the EU would be speaking German or Russian.

A lot of the mainland Europeans still blame the US for "trouble making" and would still rather get into bed with the Kruts, even now. Talk about selective amnesia.

500N
13th May 2014, 10:07
"I can foresee a bloodbath if things aren't handled properly. :uhoh:"

So Can I.

Recovery operations are often the hardest to pull off.

Worrals in the wilds
13th May 2014, 10:54
Do the Nigerians have the capability to rescue these hostages?
Do they even want to? I get the feeling that they don't care all that much. :sad:

John Hill
13th May 2014, 11:10
S Monkey..

If it wasn't for the intervention and the huge sacrifices made by the US in WW2 Aust and NZ would be speaking Japanese and the EU would be speaking German or Russian.

Troll.

500N
13th May 2014, 11:14
John

But a lot of truth to it !!!

But you can't stand anything nice being said about the US.

John Hill
13th May 2014, 11:45
But you can't stand anything nice being said about the US.

I am afraid that nothing done by Americans 70 years ago can be used to excuse what followed.

BTW, NZ and probably Australia made greater sacrifices towards victory in WWII than the Americans, but dont forget the Russians and all the countries of Europe too plus of course other Commonwealth countries.

500N
13th May 2014, 11:50
Fully aware of who did what in WWII.

Who else would have stopped the Japs from invading Aus ?

Hell, they "landed" in Aus as well as bombing the crap out of us,
it wouldn't have taken much to land a reasonable force.

I know someone who was watching a Jap ship cruising the coast
trying to find the airfield in some remote part so they were full on.

John Hill
13th May 2014, 12:03
Who else would have stopped the Japs from invading Aus ?

Have you ever thought of thanking the Dutch? Just a little bit at least?

BTW, dont tell Americans that more Japanese bombs fell on Darwin than Pearl Harbour as that would be, er.... ummm.... disrespectful or something.

pvmw
13th May 2014, 12:05
Troll.
Ah, the favourite word of the truly ignorant.

rh200
13th May 2014, 12:06
Troll.

Why John, for telling it like it was, regradless of the constant attempt at revisionist history by the left, its not forgotten.

am afraid that nothing done by Americans 70 years ago can be used to excuse what followed.

What would that be John? you mean over half of centuary of relative peace and prosperity. If we don't forget what gave us that, we can knock major wars on the head between major powers. When can then concentrate on all the half baked ones that we have had. Though I suspect that will take a century or two and I'm not sure the west can hold it together that long.

John Hill
13th May 2014, 12:11
Our brash trans-Pacific cuzzies would not have to keep harping on about WWII if the two generations that followed really had anything to brag about.

500N
13th May 2014, 12:17
John

"BTW, dont tell Americans that more Japanese bombs fell on Darwin than Pearl Harbour as that would be, er.... ummm.... disrespectful or something."

You really are a smart arse. And you don't know your history. The US had a number of ships in the harbour, the destroyer USS Peary was sunk and 14 deaths on another US Ship. And that's of the top of my head, it could be more.

I think the US was FULLY aware of how many bombs fell on Darwin.
You are the one being disrespectful.

FYI, the US has a memorial in Darwin to the US Dead, USS Peary
which the US Navy ensures has a parade every year, full dress whites.

So go jump in a lake because that comment of yours is just crap.

As rh said
"regradless of the constant attempt at revisionist history "
by you.

"Have you ever thought of thanking the Dutch? Just a little bit at least?"

WTF were the Dutch going to do if the screaming hordes got past Port Moresby ? Which you may or may not know was quite an Aussie battle with help from the Fuzzie Wuzzies.

Or do you mean the Coast Watchers ? Some of whom were Aussies !

John Hill
13th May 2014, 12:24
WTF were the Dutch going to do if the screaming hordes got past Port Moresby ? Which you may or may not know was quite an Aussie battle with help from the Fuzzie Wuzzies.

Oh dear 500N I do believe you were the one who said he was fully aware of who did what in WWII?

Perhaps no one told you about how the Dutch held the Japanese for 3 months on their advance south and without their efforts there would have been no American fleet at the Battle of the Coral Sea and how many Australian forces would have still been on their way home from Europe? Then there is the little matter of the Dutch code breaking effort and how they handed all their work on Japanese naval codes over to the Americans. I really do think it would be quite in order for Australia to give thanks to the Dutch occasionally.

Of course the Americans did a fine job in the Coral Sea but such a pity their first action in the battle was to bomb an Australian ship!

Now those Coast Watchers, Aussies, Dutch and a few other countries too, they were great contributors to the eventual outcome.

500N
13th May 2014, 12:28
Yes, was aware of it. I think you paint a rosy picture.

John Hill
13th May 2014, 12:32
Hard to imagine if you were aware of it that you could not recall it.

It is time for my beauty sleep now, good night all.

Lonewolf_50
13th May 2014, 13:53
The Battle of the Java Sea is displaced across about a third of the globe and about 73 years from the topic at hand, which is the kidnapped girls in Nigeria and why the Nigerian government has asked foreigners to come and help them sort this out.

Besides the utter incompetence of Nigerian officialdom, can someone tell me what national interest of the US is being supported/achieved? I get being helpful, but I find it curious that for the first few weeks any assistance was stiff armed.

Should we next send our armed forces to Mexico to help recover the thousands who get kidnapped each year during the narco wars still ongoing?

Seriously: WTF?

rgbrock1
13th May 2014, 14:06
JH wrote;

BTW, NZ and probably Australia made greater sacrifices towards victory in WWII than the Americans,

I guess some people are just bona-fide asses.

WWII deaths:

Country Total population
1/1/1939 Military
deaths Civilian deaths due to
military activity and crimes against humanity Civilian deaths due to
war related famine and disease Total
deaths Deaths as % of
1939 population

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b9/Flag_of_Australia.svg/23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia)B (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties#endnote_Australia) 6,998,000 39,700 700
40,400 0.57
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg/23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand)AN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties#endnote_NZ) 1,629,000 11,900

11,900 0.73
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/US_flag_48_stars.svg/23px-US_flag_48_stars.svg.png United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States)BF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties#endnote_US) 131,028,000 416,800
(includes Merchant Marine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Merchant_Marine) (9,500) and Coast Guard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCG) (1,900)) 1,700
418,500 0.32
Now please kindly pull your head out of your ass.

rh200
13th May 2014, 14:09
Besides the utter incompetence of Nigerian officialdom, can someone tell me what national interest of the US is being supported/achieved?

Rescuing school girls is good PR and it helps take the heat off from the European issue.

MagnusP
13th May 2014, 14:11
rgb, you're probably just wasting electrons, as there'll be a "percentage of population" argument along real soon now. Never mind the fact that most of the American casualties were in defence of others, and not for the sake of the USA. :ugh:

con-pilot
13th May 2014, 18:43
In a feeble attempt to get this back on topic.....

I just saw that the US Army have sent at least four of their low to medium altitude "observation" aircraft, Army Kingairs, to Nigeria.

I don't really know what these aircraft are capable of, but someone that I know, that does know, told me 'all kinds of magical sh!t'.

My questions are, if they find the remaining group of kidnapped girls, who is going in to attempt a rescue?

If it is Nigerian forces, I think all of this has been a waste of time, so will it be a combined international Special Operations Groups, or one country's SOG and what country?

Dushan
13th May 2014, 18:54
Of course the Americans did a fine job in the Coral Sea but such a pity their first action in the battle was to bomb an Australian ship!

Maybe they thought John Hill was on it. :p

Dushan
13th May 2014, 18:57
Should we next send our armed forces to Mexico to help recover the thousands who get kidnapped each year during the narco wars still ongoing?

Seriously: WTF?

Michelle, ma belle, said that the girls remind her of Sasha and Malia. Isn't that enough?

beaufort1
13th May 2014, 18:58
I can't see this being resolved easily, that's why I alluded to the potential blood bath further up the thread.

Surely the kidnappers will have split the hostages up into much smaller groups, easier to handle and to hide. Plus, once any rescue attempt is launched unless it is done simultaneously on all the separate groups the kidnappers are going to murder the hostages and then skedaddle. :(

BenThere
13th May 2014, 18:58
Hate to say it. Time was I wanted the US to do good in the world.

But the affairs of Nigerians are the responsibility of Nigerians. The US can't afford, and guys like me, and if I have my way, the US, have no interest in trying to resolve regional problems.

Threaten the US? I'm a Pit Bull ready to attack. Anything else, you're on your own. For the most part, you demonstrated you didn't deserve the protection we gave you 1945-2008.

500N
13th May 2014, 19:07
RGB

I am glad you countered that one re WWII

I thought it so stupid it didn't warrant a reply.
The Darwin one, well, he might not have known.

He really does have rocks in his head with some of the anti US stuff he comes up with.

BenThere
13th May 2014, 19:11
Our brash trans-Pacific cuzzies would not have to keep harping on about WWII if the two generations that followed really had anything to brag about.

Like going to the Moon, winning the Cold War, implementing world-wide GPS, and McDonalds, et al.

What'd you do, young fellah?

John Hill
13th May 2014, 20:38
rgb, you're probably just wasting electrons, as there'll be a "percentage of population" argument along real soon now. Considering the claim was of a greater sacrifice then that is what counts,

Here are a few figures for you..deaths as % of population:

NZ 0.73%
Australia 0.57%
US 0.32%

Never mind the fact that most of the American casualties were in defence of others, and not for the sake of the USA.

It is rather a long stretch to pretend that the USA entered WWII for the sole purpose of defending others when they stood buy while Britain was under attack and threat of invasion which would have left the world with a Nazi Europe, something America was prepared to accept. America did not enter the war in the Pacific until they were attacked so just who's sake were they fighting for then?

John Hill
13th May 2014, 20:40
Like going to the Moon, winning the Cold War, implementing world-wide GPS, and McDonalds, et al.

Littering the Moon, starving all those peasants, destroying the careers of professional navigators worldwide and inflicting gherkins on the young? The others I can forgive but McDonalds?:\

500N
13th May 2014, 20:41
"Stood by" :rolleyes:

What about all those ships that went US and return, full of goods ?

The way Germany was going and attacking US ships, I think the US
might have got a bit more involved, especially if Germany had really
attacked the East Coast of the US.

Either way John, you are a revisionist with a known
bent for knocking the US.

John Hill
13th May 2014, 20:46
con pilot
If it is Nigerian forces, I think all of this has been a waste of time, so will it be a combined international Special Operations Groups, or one country's SOG and what country?

It could be a French group that does the ground work, if it even comes to that.

Dont forget that the kidnap of these girls is just one incident, one incident, in a whole lot of stuff going on in the area. Total towns destroyed with hundreds massacred. This is just the incident that made the western news media.

AtomKraft
13th May 2014, 20:54
Truthfully, and sadly, there's no one harder on an African black, than another African black.

Leave them to it please.

I don't want my daughters life ( or anyone else's sons or daughters life's ) lost trying to stop these half wits killing each other.

They've been knocking each other off since time began.

John Hill
13th May 2014, 21:14
500N Either way John, you are a revisionist with a known
bent for knocking the US.

It never fails to astonish me when some prat trots out the old ""NZ and Australia would have been speaking Japanese" as some sort of excuse for a modern day American brutal excess just how many Aussies and Kiwis are prepared to accept that crap.

By the way, if you see me posting something that is untrue do us all a favour by correcting me (with supporting evidence), but until then.......

Sop_Monkey
13th May 2014, 21:32
Ah the French, John. Why did they allow the tunnel? So they could get to London before the Germans get to Paris.

As for the Japs having Australia and NZ, they very nearly did. Anyone with a half a brain can work that out. If you want research I can't be bothered to be honest but I'm sure PTT will come up with something.

500N
13th May 2014, 21:51
Some evidence exists that the Japs landed in North Aus.

They definitely patrolled the coast looking for the airfields
which they wanted to find and places to land.

One Jap even has a rock he collected from 90 mile beach in WA.
He uses it as a door opener !

We were not far off from being invaded.

BenThere
13th May 2014, 21:54
John Hill,

Think the Yanks should keep their hands the hell off this situation and stay the F home? I do.

AtomKraft
13th May 2014, 21:57
Why the hell would anyone invade Australia?

Crikey! They'd have to be bored, or run out of better places to invade. ;)

500N
13th May 2014, 22:01
Atom

Because they didn't know any better !!!

I think the Japs would have got a bit of a shock after invading
once they realized that the GAFA was :O

(Great Australian F *&k All)

John Hill
13th May 2014, 22:04
Think the Yanks should keep their hands the hell off this situation and stay the F home? I do.

Leave it to the French?

BenThere
13th May 2014, 22:09
Better yet, New Zealand.

500N
13th May 2014, 22:11
That would be Black on black then, wouldn't it ;) :O

Private jet
13th May 2014, 22:59
I wish "Broon" would just shut up and go away. with his record as chancellor and unelected PM he has some neck to lecture anyone

Dushan
14th May 2014, 00:23
Magnus

rgb, you're probably just wasting electrons, as there'll be a "percentage of population" argument along real soon now. Never mind the fact that most of the American casualties were in defence of others, and not for the sake of the USA.

How did you know? Err, never mind, it was obvious...

Considering the claim was of a greater sacrifice then that is what counts,

Here are a few figures for you..deaths as % of population:

NZ 0.73%
Australia 0.57%
US 0.32%

Lonewolf_50
14th May 2014, 14:10
I don't really know what these aircraft are capable of, but someone that I know, that does know, told me 'all kinds of magical sh!t'.

My questions are, if they find the remaining group of kidnapped girls, who is going in to attempt a rescue?
combined International Spec Ops on an impromptu missions is a horrid idea. Great opportunity to cock it up.

Insofar as the King Air bit, you may wish to look here (http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/Guardrail/Pages/default.aspx).

And no, I can't talk about them either.

Lonewolf_50
14th May 2014, 14:17
Dont forget that the kidnap of these girls is just one incident, one incident, in a whole lot of stuff going on in the area. Total towns destroyed with hundreds massacred. This is just the incident that made the western news media.
You are wrong, John. I have been following a variety of news stories out of Nigeria in re BH and some other scraps for about the last four years, mostly in the WESTERN news media. Maybe it was yourself who was not paying attention.
For the most part, you demonstrated you didn't deserve the protection we gave you 1945-2008.
I have often felt that way about the generations after the war, and the one rising now. They have no clue, and are happy to buy into any anti American line. It's bizarre.

When I lived in Germany in the 60's and 70's, the generation that was my father's, among the Germans, were not like the whinging twits in the following generations.

BenThere
14th May 2014, 16:33
I believe, too, that as the US seems bent on sun-setting itself, that those who find themselves in deep kimchee will wistfully want the US to come to the rescue. Problem is, that US is history. The left killed it.

500N
14th May 2014, 16:40
Lonewolf

I agree, joint SF operation not a good idea, at least not at the front end
unless different targets.

Re the aircraft you are talking about, I have seen a couple of bits written recently about them,
one had a bit of info. I think it was in relation to the pilot getting an award or something,
possibly helping in a rescue.

airship
14th May 2014, 17:07
Lonewolf_50 wrote: When I lived in Germany in the 60's and 70's, the generation that was my father's, among the Germans, were not like the whinging twits in the following generations.

You appear to be experiencing some confusion. You (the USA), we (even the French, the Kiwis and the Ozzies, all the ex. British Empire colonials including Indians, South Africans, Rhodesians etc.), fought the common enemy "the Nazis" in this case and obtained victory. You apparently confuse us "whinging twits" with the "former enemy" with whom you like to remember having excellent relations with...?! :D

Well, make up yer mind?! And if you're not with us, you're obviously against us. Have I made myself quite clear and "Mission accomplished"...?! :rolleyes:

PS. John Hill, we don't always "see eye to eye". Lonewolf_50 has gone "offline". But I agree with one of your previous observations about certain adversaries here playing "tag". Presumably, like London buses, "there'll be another one along in a moment, followed by 3 or 4 in quick succession"...?! ;) :uhoh:

meadowrun
14th May 2014, 17:36
BBC reporting that village vigilantes from three villages have killed 300 Boko when they attacked their villages
capturing three cars and an army vehicle they had stolen to boot.

So, what IS the problem with the Nigerian security forces?

Alsacienne
14th May 2014, 17:38
So, what IS the problem with the Nigerian security forces?

There isn't a problem. Just no security force.

John Hill
14th May 2014, 21:33
When I lived in Germany in the 60's and 70's, the generation that was my father's, among the Germans, were not like the whinging twits in the following generations.

Funny thing is the present generation of Americans are not at all like those who left the farm and their families to come to NZ in 1942 yet somehow they expect to get eternal obsequious gratitude and adoration for what their grandfathers did.

BenThere
14th May 2014, 21:51
they expect to get eternal obsequious gratitude and adoration for what their grandfathers did

No, they expect to be sneered at.

Dushan
14th May 2014, 22:33
yet somehow they expect to get eternal obsequious gratitude and adoration for what their grandfathers did.

Am I right in reading this as an admission of a major accomplishment by Americans.

This has got to be the first. JH gives credit to Americans.

John Hill
15th May 2014, 00:48
Credit is accorded where credit is due but credit is not due to the present generation of Yanks.

Dushan
15th May 2014, 01:12
So you do recognize that Americans are to be credited with you not speaking Japanese.*

*Or maybe you do, but it is of your own volition just like North Korean.

John Hill
15th May 2014, 01:24
I give credit to past generations of Americans for whatever assistance they may have contributed in any way to the defence or NZ but I give no credit, in fact I detest later generations of Yanks who somehow think this entitles them to anything.

Of course I also give credit to the generation of Dutch who delayed the advance of the Japanese south.

I do not give credit to that bastard Winston Churchill who delayed the return of NZ forces when they were needed for the defence of NZ.

Noyade
15th May 2014, 02:07
I do not give credit to that bastard Winston ChurchillG'day John. Neither does Mr Wurth! Interesting book. I highly recommend it.

http://i58.tinypic.com/e998p3.jpg

John Hill
15th May 2014, 02:10
Hi, if I recall correctly Prime Minister Curtin had a lot of trouble getting the Aussies home for the Pacific War.

brickhistory
15th May 2014, 02:54
I do not give credit to that bastard Winston Churchill who delayed the return
of NZ forces when they were needed for the defence of NZ.

Shoulda tried harder in school?

Or accept the second rate status.

Same difference.

But you did build a Hobbit town, so there's that...

rh200
15th May 2014, 05:03
Hi, if I recall correctly Prime Minister Curtin had a lot of trouble getting the Aussies home for the Pacific War.

Depending on what Curtin knew at the time, and how he was advised on the prognostic in regards to how the war was going to go, he could easily have been lined up and shot for treason for that decision. I suspect there was a lot more input from various allies in that respect though.

We where fighting for the direction and future of the world, not for Australia. If that decision had have cost us the fight then it was a bad one, as it turns out it didn't.

The fact is, we would have survived being invaded and reliberated, we would not have survived if the NAZi's and the Japanese had won the war.

John Hill
15th May 2014, 05:31
Shoulda tried harder in school?

I suppose that does mean something.:rolleyes:

West Coast
15th May 2014, 06:23
If you studied harder in school you'd understand.

John Hill
15th May 2014, 06:48
The only history of Winston Churchill taught in our school was the one he had written himself. I think you are blowing smoke.

500N
15th May 2014, 07:27
"of NZ forces when they were needed for the defence of NZ."

When was NZ under threat ?

In any case, you could defend NZ with a couple of Battalions, even of women ;) :O