PDA

View Full Version : TTMRA NZ to Oz and back again?

Bluemeaway
6th May 2014, 23:59
Hello,

Considering the possibility of going back to NZ for work

I brought my CAA CPL/IR over to CASA CPL, it has been some years now and the Kiwi components bar the PPL privileges have expired.

Has anyone had any luck taking back a current CASA license to NZ under the TTMRA given that they already have a CAA license??

Any help or information appreciated.

lilflyboy262...2
7th May 2014, 00:31
Huh?
Your NZ CPL will still be valid and in the system so unless you had that licence removed from CAA records, then I would say No?
You would only have to do the Air Law exam, Medical and BFR at most to get it up to speed again.

Air law is simple. Medical, prepare to surrender your arm, leg and kidney, and BFR, a simple exercise if you are current.
Most of the BFR can be done while doing an IFR renewal as well.

waren9
7th May 2014, 00:53
nz licences are lifetime.

medical and a flight test

currawong
7th May 2014, 06:36
5 years with no ZK in the logbook is the point at which you have to do Air Law again.

The rest as already stated.

DeltaT
7th May 2014, 12:33
You can TTMRA Type Ratings back that are not on the NZ licence, but not any sort of licence validity, that is a one shot deal at the start of the conversion.
Only other way would be if you subsequently get a upgrade to a Auz ATPL, you might get some validity when upgrading the NZ CPL to the NZ ATPL issued via TTMRA.

waren9
7th May 2014, 19:28
currawong

i can find references like that around use of lower licences and exam credit validity but not for the op's example

do you have a reference please for what you say

SPEEDI
8th May 2014, 08:44
Having recently moved back to NZ and going through this process I had to do a few things.
BFR and Instrument Rating to get current.
On top of this I transferred my G1 over to a B Cat, which is endorsed on my licence however had to complete a B Cat renewal as well to get that current, even though my G1 was current for another 18 months.
However all aircraft type ratings were added at no extra charge :)

currawong
8th May 2014, 09:41
waren9

can offer no reference as the info came from direct contact with CAA

Lasiorhinus
8th May 2014, 11:16
If the CAA cant provide a reference for that claim, then I submit it is about as useful as a damp piece of bread.

currawong
8th May 2014, 21:22
Who said they can't?

The reason I have this info is I asked them the question a few years ago.

The reply is long since in the round file.