PDA

View Full Version : How do I transfer files to an iPad?

Octane
6th May 2014, 00:08
I'm on holiday in Indonesia and want to transfer video files (2x 300mb) from my Android tablet to a friends iPad. Bluetooth won't work as his iPad (and IPhone) refuses to pair with my Asus although mine pairs to his. Unlike my tablet, the iPad has no USB or SD port. Email won't work because the files are too large. I don't have access to a PC or Mac. I do have internet access albeit slow. What is the best way to defeat the Apples antisocial behaviour?!
Cheers
Octane

Alfa bravo
6th May 2014, 00:37
You can use an APP called Dropbox to transfer videos between computers and iPads or iPhones .

exeng
6th May 2014, 00:41
I gave my Ipad 2 to my Father in Law and I am very pleased I did it.

My Android tablet (top of the range) works like a treat and connects with everything.

Back to your problem. Email the files to him.

Regards
Exeng

Bushfiva
6th May 2014, 01:40
iPad card readers are cheap enough. Or iPad Camera Connection Kit if you want to keep the Apple faith.

taxydual
6th May 2014, 04:51
The Best Free Programs and Online Services for Sending and Sharing Large Files (http://www.howtogeek.com/133761/the-best-free-programs-and-online-services-for-sending-and-sharing-large-files/)

Straighten Up
6th May 2014, 07:08
You could upload to a Dropbox account and share the folder with him.

KBPsen
6th May 2014, 08:48
Octane, look for an app called "Fast File Transfer" in the play store. It can transfer files via WiFi from Android to iOS.

Octane
6th May 2014, 09:48
Thanks KBPsen, will look into it. Is it normally this convoluted talking to an Apple or am I just having a bad day?

Ancient Observer
6th May 2014, 10:10
Octane,

My Android phone connects to lots of things, easily, via Bluetooth, but will not connect to SWMBO's Ipad.
So it is not just you.

Bushfiva
6th May 2014, 10:47
iOS doesn't support the file transfer profile in Bluetooth, I believe. KBPsen's recommendation is well liked. The hardware solutions work well, too.

mad_jock
6th May 2014, 11:02
Anything which involve uploading is going to hit the same problems as email.

I products are not meant to speak to anything else apart from internet and other Ithings.

A photographic data card reader is by far the easiest solution I have found. If you get one that takes micro SD cards if your tablet doesn't have a port you can fire it in a phone and blue tooth it.

A A Gruntpuddock
6th May 2014, 11:37
There are plenty of free 'file splitters' which take a large file and break it into either a fixed number of smaller files or a set of files with fixed sizes which can the be emailed.

The first such file contains the info on how to reassemble the parts and the recipient usually just has to open that file once they are all downloaded and in the same folder.

Can be tedious but it works.

mad_jock
6th May 2014, 11:50
Its his connection speed which is crap. So small or big chunks he has a problem.

Oh aye Apple is ****e for exactly this monopolistic nonsense to do with it speaking to other things. Its always been like this with there products.

A A Gruntpuddock
7th May 2014, 02:27
"Email won't work because the files are too large."

Splitting the files should work in that case, but it will take a while.

henry_crun
9th May 2014, 06:19
5LXJqkK1td4

This vid shows you how to connect your android device to icloud. Send your vids up and then your pal can download.

disclaimer - never tried this myself :*