PDA

View Full Version : 60 kids involved in plane sickness

Harry O
5th May 2014, 14:13
Dubai to London flight news.
Children In Hospital After Mass Plane Sickness (http://news.sky.com/story/1255463/children-in-hospital-after-mass-plane-sickness)

Hotel Tango
5th May 2014, 17:43
A little dangerous treating some of the kids on the runway! :ugh:

mad_jock
5th May 2014, 17:52
Two situations could have occurred.

1. The plane stopped on the runway blocking everything and causing a huge pain to everyone to get the emergency vechiles to it.

or

2. The reporter is a mental retard and thinks the apron with the aircraft on stand is on the runway.

Or of course you were being sarcastic about the clueless reporting.

ATNotts
6th May 2014, 14:49
mad jock

The reporter is a mental retard and thinks the apron with the aircraft on stand is on the runway

All UK media, pretty well without exception, seems to believe that any area of hardstanding airside at an airport is "the runway". I'm not sure if it's the journalists who are by and large dim, or whether they believe their readers / listeners / viewers are stupid, don't understand the difference, and aren't capable of learning.

I fear it's combination of both - dim journalists and thick public.

It makes you seriously question how much inaccurate rubbish we are fed on subjects where we are less knowledgeable.

edi_local
6th May 2014, 15:46
In addition to that I also question the knowledge of anyone who refers to security as "passport control" or "customs" as any time I have gone through security check points I have not had to show a passport nor have I had to declare any alcohol I may be carrying. That is done at Immigration and Customs Inspections Points on arrival/departure (although the UK, USA, Canada for example don't check on exit anyway so it really annoys me when people speak of Passport control when leaving the UK).