PDA

View Full Version : Aetna

Byobeer
5th May 2014, 07:16
Hi,

Does anyone has any experience where this cover helped them when to the company fell short.

Thanks

BYO

BobDole
5th May 2014, 07:21
They reimbursed me for a large deduction the company took out over an ER visit that turned into a longer stay. Easy to submit the claim to them via email and the money was wired back into my account a few days after the claim was submitted.

In my opinion it is well worth it for the wife and especially the kids, however I don't think it is worth it for the employee as our coverage is much higher.

trimotor
5th May 2014, 09:02
BIG advantage is they ignore pre-existing conditions, which is then also carried over when you leave EK and the cover can be continued (at market rate)..at least you then have cover you might not have otherwise had.

I hear there are better schemes out there (cheaper) that some have access to, but none available to me. With the seemingly ever-increasing preference of EK's personnel management to deny claims where possible, having Aetna in my back pocket is a weight off.

littlejet
5th May 2014, 16:04
dental cover?

Rather Be Skiing
6th May 2014, 04:32
What about Baymac? Any experiences?

Likeitis
6th May 2014, 09:57
Aetna paid approx. AED 5000 of a procedure that was 28000 when EK decided after I received pre-approval they weren't going to pay for parts of the bill. Probably could have fought it but it was much easier to just file with Aetna online. Received payment within 10 days.

spanishfly69
6th May 2014, 10:27
Baymac is cheaper and works better than AETNA. Baymac is a full insurance, not a complementary insurance. I have it, and I have used it in Dubai and in the US with no problems...

beauty soup
6th May 2014, 20:25
Baymac looks good on paper how come EPC didn't use it????
Everything that is to good to be true usually is....

Fart Master
7th May 2014, 02:29
From what I've seem Baymac looks about $500 more expensive per year per person.

springbok449
7th May 2014, 03:42
I must say that Baymac looks the better option, seems more like a full policy as opposed to a top up as previously mentioned plus kids are free...
I went to a Aetna presentation and it seems to me that there are still a lot of grey areas.
Lots of questions and examples raised not all answered and lots of them only vaguely answered...
Any more opinions welcome though as defo need to get one of them...

helen-damnation
7th May 2014, 09:27
BIG advantage is they ignore pre-existing conditions

I've heard of at least one situation where AETNA were disputing paying for a pre-existing and I know of one where they initially refused. They did eventually pay the second, don't know about the first.

Not saying AETNA is bad, just ask all the questions and get confirmation of cover for ANY pre-existing before you hand over your money!

Fart Master
7th May 2014, 18:56
Did they not cover the removal of your Dukes...?

Byobeer
8th May 2014, 02:42
Guys,

Nice to see some sensible and informative answers for a change on Prune. I will be downloading both policies and let you know how they compare in my eyes.

Any more opinions welcomed.

BYO

CaptainChipotle
8th May 2014, 03:19
Yeah definitely a nice change. Will you please post or PM what you find. Thanks.

CC

Trader
8th May 2014, 07:23
They fully covered a pre-existing condition for my family and I have only good things to say about AETNA!

Some issues with the actual payment but they resolved it quickly.

Silky
8th May 2014, 07:39
I took baymac as with kids worked out at half the price...ironically on the back of the card is...Aetna!!
Am about to use it for real for first time this month so will let ya know the outcome!

BobDole
14th May 2014, 08:39
I withdraw what I said earlier. Aetna decided to recall the reimbursement 3 months after they approved/paid and and then denied coverage on another claim.

I am canceling and will get a different provider.