PDA

View Full Version : Caling Spanish Speakers

Devon Flyer
4th May 2014, 19:55
Was wondering if there was any Spanish speakers on here that would be willing to translate into Spanish a few sentences.

I have tried to use Google and other translation sites and it doesnt seem to come out right.

Any help would be appreciated.

OFSO
4th May 2014, 20:03
Although Spanish (i.e. Castilliano) is the language of the tyrant for me, PM them to me - better still post them here, we have several Spanish speakers more qualified than I - and we shall see what can be done. Of course if you are communicating with anyone between Valencia and Perpignan, they should be translated into Catalan.

Visc Catalunia !

Devon Flyer
4th May 2014, 20:41
The lines i need are the following....

Please stop at the Cuevas del Drach ____ people are going to the caves.

Please take the rest to Carre Port

Please pick us all up from Carre Port at 15:00hrs.

Please help me

Can you show me the way to the Hotel America

The reason for these is because i need to do SOS cards for a group of learning disabled adults that a few of us are taking away in a couple of weeks time for respite holiday in Mallorca. Hopefully 40 will go and 40 will return. :)

Solid Rust Twotter
4th May 2014, 21:08
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Well, someone had to....

OFSO
4th May 2014, 21:18
I would suggest translating these into Catalan which will get you a friendly response in Mallorca !

Si us plau, parar a les Cuevas del Drach _ persones anem a les coves.

Si us plau, prengui la les restants persones al Port de Carre

Si us plau, recollir nosaltres al Carre Port al 15:00hrs.

Si us plau, ajudar-me

Em pot digues-me la direcció pera l'Hotel America ?

The caves are pretty interesting but when I went there from Cala Ratjada (about 30 years ago) we had to leap off the boat onto rocks - and back onto the boat after the visit.... maybe things have changed.

I hope the above is satisfactory and you have a good time. As everywhere here food is superb and wine abundant and almost as cheap as water.

Devon Flyer
4th May 2014, 21:29
Thank you very much Mr OFSO

The boat from Calas de Mallorca to Porto Christo is still from the rocks, but at least they have smoothed it over a bit :)

Should hopefully be a good holiday.

mixture
4th May 2014, 22:30
5035TY5RSpg

Shack37
4th May 2014, 23:27
I would suggest translating these into Catalan which will get you a friendly response in Mallorca !

Well done OFSO, really glad they`re not visiting Euskadi:eek:

Akrotiri71
5th May 2014, 10:12
My hovercraft is full of eels.

That sounds more Hungarian than Spanish SRT...;)

Edit: Enjoy your holiday DF.

Capetonian
5th May 2014, 10:15
Catalan, of which Mallorquin is a variant, will definitely be better received on the island than Castellano.

!Que os diverteis!

TWT
5th May 2014, 10:23
Someone calling for Spanish speakers ?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA3D_2rrc8ii9zvqwbKdpLKnyn-2ZTb85cvT1fnURA-z34Mm2YmA

OFSO
5th May 2014, 12:03
Manual claiming "I am from Barcelona" was ludicruous as the few words of Spanish he spoke and his accent shewed he had never been near the place. I was told that when Fawlty Towers was shown in Spain, his role became Italian.

Of course today every branch of Pret a Manger I go into in London is run by young men and women who ARE from Barcelona.

oxenos
5th May 2014, 12:11
Anyone who can't speak Spanish is queer. Ole'.

Capetonian
5th May 2014, 12:12
Of course today every branch of Pret a Manger I go into in London is run by young men and women who ARE from Barcelona. That's odd because most of the places I go to in that category are run by gorgeous young girls from Krakow or Warsaw, Bialystok or Sczeczin, Bydgosz or Lodz, but very few from western Europe. If there is an advantage ot the EU, it's the substantial increase in the amount of eye candy from eastern and central Europe.

When 'Fawlty Towers' was shown in Catalunya, I believe Manuel was 'Mejicano'.

Lonewolf_50
5th May 2014, 14:52
Mexicano. The "x" is the hard "h" as well.

"Mexia" Texas is of course, pronounced (or it sounds like) Muh-hair, Texas anymore, and Refugio is pronounced "Refurio" for dialectical reasons that remain to me a mystery ...

acbus1
5th May 2014, 15:19
These chap moat have a Spanish breather:

Good Moaning Compilation - YouTube

tony draper
5th May 2014, 15:49
We used to know enough to get by.
Dos beerios forra meeo mamasaneeo Capitano no passee da platta until tomoreeow.
Just speak English and add eeeO on the on the end of every word
Worked for me all over South America.
:rolleyes:

G-CPTN
5th May 2014, 17:45
When we moved to Denmark with a 5 year old and a 6½ year old the first thing we taught them (before we left England) was to say "I am lost - my name is" and the address where we were going to stay (in Danish of course).