PDA

View Full Version : Ex. UK PM Tony Blair (better known as "the Bliar"), accumulates 100 fortune..

airship
3rd May 2014, 20:56
That should read "accumulates 100 million" fortune...(no links - find your own).

At almost US$ 100,000 per speech, that's a lot of speeches (at least 1,000 or so) paid over to Tony Blair since leaving office. Is Mr. Blair still resident in UK (for tax-purposes)...?!

It's (perhaps not) a wonder that his appointments by various worldwide organisations apparently committed to seeking peace in the middle-east and elsewhere, have been proven mostly unfruitful.

Considering the number of (paid-for) speeches made in the interim, one wonders how even The Right Honourable Tony Blair has been able allowed to simply ridicule his previous employers (including all those who ever voted for him), or could ever justifiably claim that he ever managed to devote any real time or efforts (busily making speeches) as he was.

Please forgive me, but I reckon Tony Blair (and GWB) must be laughing on their "great fortunes", even to this day. Both of whom were "booted-out" by their national electorates.

The only truly and happy folks "out there" today, must be the corporations and/or extremely rich individuals who ever backed them and eventually profited from them. Presumably, they're treating David Cameron and others with similar disdain (but with a view of seeking some profit) today...

TomJoad
3rd May 2014, 21:22
Yep, can't wait for Cameron to get on the speaking circuit once he is an ex PM. That will bring balance to the force.:E

vulcanised
3rd May 2014, 21:26
The classic example of profiting from misery.

Capetonian
3rd May 2014, 22:37
The classic example of profiting from misery.Someone else who profited from the misfortunes of others has just got what he deserves. Maybe Bliar will meet the same fate one day.

Cacophonix
3rd May 2014, 22:46
If I ever have the opportunity to meet him I would strangle him and unlike my first wife I would kill him...

Caco

superq7
3rd May 2014, 23:10
PM for Caco

airship
3rd May 2014, 23:18
Caco, yer 1st wife was in a position to kill him (who exactly?!) but didn't?! :confused:

But don't let any confusion stop you from contributing further...?! :ok:

Capetonian
3rd May 2014, 23:22
.... or you could have killed your first wife but didn't?

defizr
3rd May 2014, 23:26
"Ex. UK PM Tony Blair (better known as "the Bliar"), accumulates 100 fortune.."

I accumulated a 100 fortune but I spent it on beer...

Seldomfitforpurpose
3rd May 2014, 23:27
The really daft thing is that millions of Labour supporters will miss the massive irony in this, how feckin sad is that :ok:

Cacophonix
3rd May 2014, 23:40
.... or you could have killed your first wife but didn't?

Believe me I did try and spent time in a French prison for my failure...

These days I can put my arms around her and realise what a complete maniacal South African I was.

So much to grieve for, so little time left...

Caco

West Coast
3rd May 2014, 23:42
Please forgive me, but I reckon Tony Blair (and GWB) must be laughing on their "great fortunes", even to this day. Both of whom were "booted-out" by their national electorates.

Really? At least with regard to GWB, can you explain how he was booted out?

AtomKraft
3rd May 2014, 23:43
Imagine being a labour supporter.
Imagine finally getting your lot in, and Maggie out.
After 18 years.
Imagine how pleased you'd be- as a labour supporter...

Only to find out you'd elected Blair...... who went on to do things that Thatcher would have quailed at.

Truly, in the UK you have a choice. The blue Tories, or the red ones.

Roll on 18/9. :ok:

glad rag
3rd May 2014, 23:47
And not a bleat from lonmore or krystaltips either...who'd have thought it eh?

:E

airship
3rd May 2014, 23:53
Ahhh, West Coast, one of the last remaining citizens on the planet whose government and institutions officially prohibit any US President from more than 2 terms. Funny how so many US-supported regimes across the planet simply ignore such pre-cautions...?!

Bur GWB, together with Tony Bliar were really and truly "booted-out". They didn't even manage to preside over "friendlies" being voted-in as replacements...?!

Whereas their counter-parts elsewhere, (not restricted to Africa) manage to overcome this small and niggarly obstacle on a regular basis.

mixture
3rd May 2014, 23:59
Truly, in the UK you have a choice. The blue Tories, or the red ones.

aah.... political observations coming from someone who's country managed to elect George Dubbya not once but twice in a row !

AtomKraft
4th May 2014, 00:04
Hey mixxy, I'm Scottish! :ok:

mixture
4th May 2014, 00:05
Hey mixxy, I'm Scottish!

Aah well.... how many times was your beloved Salmond elected ? :cool:

AtomKraft
4th May 2014, 00:27
Mixxy.
It's unlikely to be a secret.
Work it out for yourself.

West Coast
4th May 2014, 00:42
Face it airship, you F'ed up with your statement, simply admit it.

Clare Prop
4th May 2014, 01:16
I thought of trying this a while back when the **** was here in Perth, apparently Australia is one of the few places in the world he will still dare to show his face. But I had to work that day. :(

Arrest Blair (http://www.arrestblair.org/)

Cacophonix
4th May 2014, 01:23
Clare you are in the right of it...

The man is a criminal...

Caco

airship
4th May 2014, 01:59
West Coast, I couldn't afford using FedEx here (in spite of the Tom Hanks movie etc.). Our home-grown European TNT are much cheaper (though they don't always respect the announced delays for remote islands either...).

Cacophonix
4th May 2014, 02:28
Die man is n doos!

Caco

GrumpyOldFart
4th May 2014, 03:48
Cacky:

Believe me I did try and spent time in a French prison for my failure...

Erm... I suspect you did time for the attempt (or am I missing a spot of irony here?)

:ooh:

BenThere
4th May 2014, 03:51
Whereas their counter-parts elsewhere, (not restricted to Africa) manage to overcome this small and niggarly obstacle on a regular basis.

Airship, you'd be forced to resign from any public office for racism posting that sentence. If you owned a basketball team franchise you'd be forced to sell it. Ignorance would be no excuse.

Al Gore, also, got immensely wealthy stoking the Global Warming meme a few years ago. Surprisingly, after decades at high levels in government, he had accumulated only modest wealth; less than $1 million net worth, as reported on required disclosure documents.

Harry Reid, on the other hand, has accumulated a princely fortune while working almost strictly in government service his whole adult life.

It's how you play the game.

Lord Spandex Masher
4th May 2014, 04:08
Nowt racist about being a tightwad.

sirwa69
4th May 2014, 04:09
Some facts!

I am not a Labour or Blair supporter and I do contend that he was "economical with the truth" on a number of occasions.

However in a democracy the people speak, you might not like what they have to say but you have to accept it, or go live in a dictatorship somewhere.

Blair won every general election that he led the Labour party in, with considerable majorities, even after the Iraq debalce he still had a majority of 66 in 2005, Democracy in action, the people spoke.

He was not "booted out" by the UK electorate he resigned in 2007 due to internal pressure from the Unions.

The fact that he has now gone on to make millions is something we would applaud in any other entrepreneur who used his skill set to make money and assuming he does pay the requisite amount of tax then we all benefit from the extra income to the treasury.

As I said above I do not like Tony Blair but I will respect the fact that the populace of the UK did invite him three times to lead them.

BenThere
4th May 2014, 04:21
Very well put, sirwa69.

The people are accountable for who they elect. George Bush Jr. also won all his elections and was not booted out.

I, too, have no problem with people trading on their positions/achievements post government service, so long as their process of earning a living isn't corrupted.

Wingswinger
4th May 2014, 06:41
Me too, Ben, but 100m ($170m US) is a bit more than a living, don't you think?

acbus1
4th May 2014, 07:41
I don't understand why anyone would pay good money to listen to a Blair speech. :confused:

SpringHeeledJack
4th May 2014, 07:58
One of the broadsheets did a pretty in depth investigation a few years back regarding the elaborate web of companies and trusts, many offshore, that he had set up to funnel his not inconsiderable income. You might say that he has that right to do so, yet as the ex-political leader of the UK, you might think that he would want to set up one company based in all senses within the UK to support and set a morally upright example to the country that has given him so much ?

His position of middle east peace envoy is a delicious irony, his sanctimonious outpourings from time to time vomit inducing. However, if people wish to pay him large amounts of money to hear his thoughts, then so be it.

SHJ

acbus1
4th May 2014, 08:17
you might think that he would want to set up one company based in all senses within the UK to support and set a morally upright example to the country that has given him so much ?

You might think that he would give all his cash to the furtherance of 'education, education, education'.

...or was his promise of better standards of education, heaven perish the thought, a bare-faced, outright lie, designed merely to win votes?

Shaggy Sheep Driver
4th May 2014, 14:53
I don't think anyone objects to folk working hard and amassing a few quid. But what BLiar did was to brown-nose to the US over Iraque, lying to the UK public and the Commons about WMD to get us involved, so that he would be seen to be 'on side' with the septics, and able to make such a fortune there in his speechifying having set up the stupid GB as his exit ticket.

If that's not blood money I don't know what is. David Kelly was just the start.....

Brown was just incompetent, way out of his depth, and stupid. Bliar was an altogether nastier piece of work - a clever, manipulative, amoral, scheming, evil chameleon in a Teflon coat.

PTT
4th May 2014, 15:39
The Ghost Writer (2010) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139328/)

Krystal n chips
4th May 2014, 16:03
" And not a bleat from lonmore or krystaltips either...who'd have thought it eh"

Well done.... you're almost perceptive.