PDA

View Full Version : Surprising News

broadband circuit
3rd May 2014, 09:15
I'm so surprised.

The AOA has just issued an update describing the company's offer as
derisory and well below the cumulative inflation rate since our last Pay rise

This derisory Pay offer was even more offset in the Company’s favour by Management greed in asking your committee to agree to 3-man Long Haul and 2-man Window-of-Circadian-Low flying of 9 hours (i.e. Australia flights).

The total effective monetary value of the offer was basically zero.

I thought our GMA was a good person & would negotiate in good faith, and present a genuine offer.

Synchronize
3rd May 2014, 10:48
Okay boys it's time to grow a pair , stiffen your resolve and start making a difference .
The single biggest cost item is fuel, second is sickness use it to your advantage
G and L day workers need a re-education . Max work no sectors ever !
We Have a whole range of no cost items . well to us anyway , but there will be a cost associated with most of them
Time to get your creative juices flowing
We have been dicked around since 1999, I am ready for a fight ,

Long Dong Silver
3rd May 2014, 23:34
Tony... you're just not the same as The Management

treboryelk
4th May 2014, 06:31
i quite like tea…so who gives a F***!

A3301FD
4th May 2014, 06:35
Someone get the kettle on...mines' an Earl Grey :ok:

Scoreboard
4th May 2014, 06:48
Throw in those crappy macadamia shortbread biscuits with my tea please TonyTylor....cause I dont give a rats ass about being chatted to about my deteriorating health...

kenfoggo
4th May 2014, 09:05
Hang on! My COS have not changed yet, I can still self certify for 7 days can't I?

sizematters
4th May 2014, 09:57
I think you'll find Bob Cox will be very obliging with sick notes

also the plan is to not accept any roster changes, so not acknowledge anything on the computer, do not respond to flashing red lights in Hotel rooms or notes under the door, just report at the published roster time

either they will need 250 crew controllers on the phone 24/7 or the wheels will fall off the train set...........and when asked why you didn't respond

"I was staying with a friend.............I never went to the hotel room, sorry, Oh, and by the way I now need 10 hours rest"

let the fun begin.............................

pill
4th May 2014, 10:51
Anna, You've lost that loving feeling....

'round midnight
4th May 2014, 11:22
TT,

Why don't you just start "TT's vapid forum"?

Therein you can indulge your anaemic contributions and even regale yourself posting vacuous replies to your totally witless musings.

Come on, I dare you.

Cronus
4th May 2014, 12:59
It's pretty obvious Mr Tonytylor is our old sh1t stirrer Yeager

Long Dong Silver
4th May 2014, 13:22
Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole self certification of sickness is company policy (OPS A) and not COS.

Threethirty
4th May 2014, 14:19
Hong Kong is based on the UK which is also 7 days, so how can they arbitrarily change this to suit?

Shep69
4th May 2014, 14:21
HMMMMMM

They make it easy. All one has to do is follow policy and be honest.

Fuel taken off to match ZFW change; no problem.

CFP fuel for good HK WX "forecast"; no problem.

Jet tends to burn more gas than calculated and this is a known issue; no problem.

Uncanny ability for flight planning to have Vancouver, San Fran, and LA to all meet at the same point at the same time over Russia wanting the same level; no problem.

Center tank with feeding issues but "fixed"; no problem.

Considering in-flght reduction ? hmmmmmm......let's be honest. How many times are BOTH runways open and no known or probable ATC delays (especially when weather involved). Maybe never ?

There ya have it. One just needs to exactly follow the rules and the situations make themselves.

Yonosoy Marinero
4th May 2014, 15:47
If the whole thing wasn't so completely and absolutely F%*#d up, I'd be rolling on the floor laughing at the AOA who is now desperately trying to call for CC, except they can't because they decided, against 92% of our votes, to sign a 'Good Faith Bargaining Agreement' instead.

The company is, once again, laughing all the way to the bank, having not had to pay a dime in backdated increases, having the AOA tied up in the endless GFBA and unable to call for CC, and having regained the moral upper ground as we are the spoilt rotten ones who refused their 'generous' offer.

The most attractive employer in HK strikes again.

Makes me sick. Speaking of which...

Thunderbird4
4th May 2014, 16:16
Hong Kong courts do not recognize a contract to make a contract. So it would seem the GFBA is null and void anytime either party wants to dismiss it.