PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of an organisation called Neuro-Vision?

magpie
20th May 2002, 18:40
Those of you who have been assessed as having amblyopia (lazy eye) may have long since given up the hope of flying commercially, or indeed at all, because the conditions leaves you with poor eyesight in one eye. I am only able to get a class 2 medical in the UK because of my condition. Having been told by the great and the good of the opthalmic profession that it is almost impossible to improve the acuity in a 'lazy eye' after the age of eight (or so), I had to come to terms that I would never get a class 1 license.

However, when doing a search of the www to keep abreast of the latest developments in amblyopia I came across an organisation called Neuro-Vision who were going through the latter stages of clinical trials (in the USA and Israel) of a non-invasive treatment for adult sufferers of amblyopia. Their website (www.neuro-vision.com) offered me the hope that in the next few months this treatment would available. However, when trying to get into the website now (and for last month or two) it comes up with the message that the site is being upgraded.

Does anyone have any knowledge of Neuro-Vision, and what they are up to?