PDA

View Full Version : interview

BryanC123
20th May 2002, 18:28
Well first of all well done.

Best way to do it is contact them and ask if you can come in and shadow a dispatcher for a day before the interview.

They will be impressed by the interest and you can put a face to the application and get yourself noticed. Then when the interview comes around you will not just be another name on a bit of paper

Good Luck dude.........

ps Confidence is the key.

liquidhockey
20th May 2002, 18:34
Ok thanks for the advice mate.

Just out of interest do you work in ops at Manchester?
Ifso what do you do?

Thanks again
Dave

BryanC123
20th May 2002, 20:56
I do indeed mate. I work as dispatcher/TC

liquidhockey
20th May 2002, 21:50
Nice one.

May i ask how old you are?
Do you also work for servisair?

One of my worries is that im a little young for a job of this nature (although this will not stop me from going ahead with it) is this the case? i am nearly 18 by the way.

I live in lovely Oldham which is about 29 miles from the airport so would servisair provide any form of travel costs or company car etc? (i know this may sound a stupid question)

Please could i ask you to spare a few minutes and post an explaination of the dispatchers job as i will not have the time to carry out your suggestion due to exam revision.

Cheers
Dave

jimoakley6
21st May 2002, 12:36
sorry to but in to your conversation but im also looking at trying to become a dispatcher.

im 17 and have just taken my AS levels which are half A levels.
i was wondering what qualifications would i need or what i would need to do from here to get the best chance of getting a job

liquidhockey
21st May 2002, 12:47
As far as i know you dont need any quals.
I think that you are just trained at the job and away you go.

Where are you located (or should i say which airport are you looking to applying for?) just out of interest.

BryanC123
22nd May 2002, 14:06
I dont think age is really a problem. As long as you are mature in your approach you will be ok. I suppose being good with numbers is a positive but main aspects are being able to co-ordinate, organise and plan well. You need to be able to spread yourself over a wide area by keeping an eye on all aspects of turnaround (pax,bags,catering,fuel,a/c,etc). Being proactive rather than reactive is the key!!!!

positive_rate
22nd May 2002, 21:22
Brian

You just had your appraisal then?!

Hope you're also thinking outside the box, moving the goalposts and touching base at every opportunity!

Oh and liquid hockey, the day Servisair provide a company car will be the day I've seen everything!!!

Seriously tho, if you want any other information drop me a line.

Once exams are over, I'll be happy to help:cool:

jimoakley6
23rd May 2002, 10:26
liquid

im in reading but i spose a move to london would have to happen

positive_rate
23rd May 2002, 14:16
Jim

Send me an e-mail.

Mr Positive :cool:

P.S Which part of Reading? Up the west side massif!!

HODGY
4th Jun 2002, 14:00
Jim I know quite a few people at LGW in Ground Ops or Traffic so let me know.