PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Passenger

Mach1.1
2nd May 2014, 15:17
What, as far as all of you are concerned, makes the ideal passenger? As a relatively frequent one myself I am full of admiration for the way you put up with some of the mental pygmies who board your aircraft. However, I would be interested to know what you are looking for (apart from them disembarking).

Mr Mac
2nd May 2014, 22:25
May be one who sleeps the full flight, or more lightly, maybe treats people as they would like to be treated themselves.

Jaded
Mr Mac

Tray Surfer
2nd May 2014, 23:31
Ultimately, someone who is polite and courteous.

I will bend over backwards for people, give them the best service, engage with them if they wish to be engaged with and leave them in solitude if that is what they want, but as long as it is done pleasantly, I am more than happy.

Ultimately, I am there to provide the service which they have paid for, and as my airline wishes me to do, so that is what I will do.

Please, thank you, and a smile goes a long way with me.

crewmeal
3rd May 2014, 05:41
Someone who doesn't moan on social media when something is not to their liking!

TightSlot
3rd May 2014, 08:27
Courtesy covers it pretty comprehensively IMHO - look it up if necessary

benji
3rd May 2014, 11:20
Ditto everything tray surfer said.

vctenderness
3rd May 2014, 11:22
In my experience the worst passengers were British business men and in later years they were probably eclipsed by Business women!

I found the higher up the food chain they were the better they were, so CEO and Chairman of companies were far more polite and reasonable than, say, middle level executives still climbing the greasy pole.

Also generally speaking Japanese passengers are excellent we used to say the aircraft was cleaner at the end of the flight to/from Tokyo than when we left.

Mach1.1
3rd May 2014, 18:57
I would like to think that the following is true although I suspect not. A cabin crew member was trying to deal with a loud mouthed and obnoxious passenger who was refusing to do as he was asked and insisted on being treated as though he were royalty. In the end the crew member said, "Sir I am here to save your arse, not kiss it."

bondim
5th May 2014, 13:19
my ideal pax is the one who leaves the toliet in a decent condition..... would be great if they washed their hands too.

Ancient Observer
5th May 2014, 16:46
When I had BA and SQ Gold cards I was vct's worst nightmare........a Brit middle manager who travelled a lot, and a customer.
However, as my main interest on the plane was sleeping, and as I think I treat all humans as I would like to be treated, maybe Brit middle managers are not all bad??
I was only told off by CC once, and that was on United, (in what passed for First) but United CC in those days were recruited for their ability to be rude, stroppy and unhelpful.

vctenderness
6th May 2014, 08:43
I am sure you were our best customer ever despite being a dreaded British middle manager!

I probably tucked you in with a mug of cocoa and a bedtime story:ok:

paulc
21st May 2014, 11:20
Am not cabin crew but any passenger who keep shoes on when using the lavatories is sensible - it is not always water on the floor and seeing adults and children in bare feet going into the lav's then back to their seats i do wonder if they ever catch anything (or leave a nasty surprise for some other passenger)