PDA

View Full Version : South Korea & Transportation

LGW Vulture
2nd May 2014, 08:58
BBC News - South Korea subway crash injures dozens in Seoul (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27250961)

What is it about South Korea right now. Asiana, Ferry Disaster, now this! :uhoh:

Ancient Mariner
2nd May 2014, 09:41
They are not half bad on the road either. Ten minutes of fun.
Per
Car Accident Compilation, South Korea - YouTube

mixture
2nd May 2014, 09:55
Their not half bad on the road either. Ten minutes of fun.

I was there recently and yes, the standard of driving there is absolutely abysmal, some of the worst I've ever seen.

Ancient Mariner
2nd May 2014, 10:08
Many more videos out there and statistically one or more driver will be a pilot or a ferry captain. Scary, as scary as taking a taxi there, sober(ish). :eek:
Per

bcgallacher
4th May 2014, 09:58
If you want to see the worst try Bangladesh or Manila - I keep a car in Manila for my regular visits and find driving there is like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer - the only pleasurable bit is when you stop. Out of a car the Filipinos are the most mannerable people in the world - behind the wheel they morph into absolute monsters.

Ancient Mariner
4th May 2014, 18:17
I used to live, and drive in Manila. Good fun although a bit chaotic at times. Always good to have the bigger car, I had a Ford Expedition ;), but on Wednesdays I drove a Ford Lynx :hmm: .
Per

Fareastdriver
4th May 2014, 18:56
Seoul, Manila, Mumbai, Shanghai; they're no worse than London or Paris in the fifties amd sixties.

SpringHeeledJack
4th May 2014, 19:19
The dash cam videos are breathtakingly scary, especially those that involve pedestrians or cyclists/bikers. I wonder if there were always so many incidents or is it that the driving skills and abilities are out of sync with the ability of modern cars and it's just that they are being caught on the thousands of cameras ?

SHJ

G-CPTN
4th May 2014, 19:34
Don't forget that a pedestrian was knocked-down and killed by one of the very first steam engines (which travelled at no more than walking pace).