PDA

View Full Version : And now it's Manchester.....

Table For 1
1st May 2014, 13:30
CX to close Manchester....but all done in Good Faith!

Thanks and good night.

Baywatcher
1st May 2014, 14:16
Frankfurt next.

positionalpor
1st May 2014, 14:26
In that case bye bye Cathay...

sirhcttarp
1st May 2014, 15:23
Is it me or does the negotiations process seem like a LOFT?

CX is the sim instructor from hell.

Soul planet
1st May 2014, 18:41
Classic.

Apparently, Manchester is the most dangerous city in the UK and the biggest city for gangsters in Europe.

41 Tips on Manchester Warnings or Dangers - Stay Safe! (http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/United_Kingdom/England/Greater_Manchester/Manchester-308843/Warnings_or_Dangers-Manchester-TG-C-1.html)

Cannot....!! :}

RusCo
2nd May 2014, 01:56
Gee....this won't delay my command...

I am SURE more bases will open..

The FUB
2nd May 2014, 06:36
Great timing, as the bids for LON based deadline had just passed. MAN based FOs particularly screwed over. Well GMA once again shown your true colors.

Booger
2nd May 2014, 08:03
Sorry to hear it guys - best of luck to you & yours.

744drv
2nd May 2014, 09:43
Where have the company declared this? The GMA update would have been the logical method of declaring this. Are any slots being offered in Base Area as they did during the AMS closure? Guess the reason for doing this is that they have little demand for freight captains in UK .....

broadband circuit
2nd May 2014, 13:21
I feel sorry for those crew on the MAN freighter base who thought they were going to slip over to a future MAN passenger base out of seniority.

joebanana
2nd May 2014, 15:41
Classy broadband, really classy!:ugh:

BillytheKid
2nd May 2014, 16:00
Broadband-

You Sir are a #$@t!

Blutack
2nd May 2014, 16:18
Sorry but I have zero sympathy for DEC's and/or DEFO's that chose a position out of seniority.

You knew it was a non-HKG base and you knew what you were signing up for I'm afraid....enough said

Sam Ting Wong
2nd May 2014, 16:44
Cmon, this is totally unfair. Most of the MAN guys are Ex-Dragon Air.. They were based in Manchester before Cathay decided to buy their employer.

spud
2nd May 2014, 17:13
I have zero sympathy for people that have zero sympathy.

More so when they choose to dislike strangers for doing what was on offer because it might have inconvenienced them. It is an irrational dislike of the innocent and will not do.

bm330
2nd May 2014, 22:14
Blutack. You are exactly the kind of moron this company relies on to keep the pilots bickering amongst themselves.

"Dear Sir,
You are offered a position as .........."

'Um.... no thanks, I'd rather you hire me as a training bond slave SO"

Guys looking for a job take the best of whats offered. If you have a problem with the company, then take it up with the company!

go43andrti
2nd May 2014, 23:15
It's so easy for them to cast their angst with a plastic keypad. I've probably flown with these tools that only have the balls to say such things on line. Way to puff your chests.
To think the people just being hired know all of the ins and outs of this job is ludicrous. When I was offered a base (yes, DEFO and happy I never had to live in the 300 sq foot hole your in now) it was never even mentioned to me that being forced to HKG was a possibility. If it ever comes to that, I will have a hard decision to make. But you can bet your ass I will never relish in other peoples plight the way you do.

I'm happy to be on a base, and I'm happy to not be you!

XFR8
3rd May 2014, 07:28
I also have zero sympathy for those that have zero sympathy. We should be learning from the mistakes of the past and trying to avoid repeating them. This involves trying to protect every job, and every attempt to victimise groups whoever they may be. The announcement of the base closure after the LHR bid had closed was a cynical move by our new GMA (manager is a much abused title in this case). This ensures that all the grief is far removed from HK and comments such as the "zero sympathy" ensure that we fight amongst ourselves.

blutack, you are truly the LCD and just the sort of pilot that the GMA prays for.

broadband circuit
3rd May 2014, 07:34
blutack, you are truly the LCD and just the sort of pilot that the GMA prays for.

Please clarify. His statement:
Sorry but I have zero sympathy for DEC's and/or DEFO's that chose a position out of seniority.

suggests that he/she is the sort of pilot that despises seniority abuse and contract abuse by the company. Hardly the sort of pilot I would've though GMA would be praying for.

XFR8
3rd May 2014, 07:38
The GMA wants us to dwell on the past and all the things that divide us. Whereas we need to learn from the past and strive to improve things..

Simple.

777300ER
3rd May 2014, 10:49
Correct. Guess what most pilots will do though.

Blutack
4th May 2014, 05:51
Dear go43andrti

"Ive probably flown with these tools that only have the balls to say such things on line."

If you had flown with me when I was on the 744 then yes I would have and used to say something. Many a time I was the most senior on the flight deck when flying the crap freighter. Thank goodness those days are over!

"To think the people just being hired know all of the ins and outs of this job is ludicrous. When I was offered a base (yes, DEFO and happy I never had to live in the 300 sq foot hole your in now) it was never even mentioned to me that being forced to HKG was a possibility."

I was also offer a DEFO and I turned it down and took the full package as a DESO. Yes you did know what you were signing up for, and if you didnt well you didnt do your due diligence. Thank goodness for my choosing to be based in HK, I have recently sold my first HK property which was 1300sqft (not your fictitious 300sqft) and I made around $687,000USD.

"I'm happy to be on a base, and I'm happy to not be you!"

I am also very happy not to be you!

Again EVERYONE who joined down the DEFO or jumped seniority for a command knew what they were getting into I'm afraid.

It's a HK airline which is based in HK, not Manchester.

See you all in HK.

positionalpor
4th May 2014, 06:57
Blutak,
Life is not about money and apartments. Hope one day you will understand that. Also, quit with the hate inside you. It is not good for your health ( liver especially). No I am not a MAN based guy buy I flew with a lot of them and they are for the most part fine individuals.
Go and have a drink and relax

kmagyoyo
4th May 2014, 07:47
Blutak DEFO= Expat conditions if returning to HKG you muppet.

Chaac
4th May 2014, 09:31
Man you need to chill, you have so much anger and hatred in you.

No doubt to had to give half the property profit to your ex-wife. I would like to think that there is no place in a flt deck for you, but you no doubt you just sit and squirm and fester over your failed upgrade. Good luck to you buddy, you need it.

Blutack
5th May 2014, 12:20
@positionalpor (http://www.pprune.org/members/332899-positionalpor) "Life is not about money and apartments."
Exactly, life is about choices...choosing to join a company which is not based in Manchester, and then complaining that it's closing..well not sure what to say.

@kmagyoyo (http://www.pprune.org/members/36063-kmagyoyo) "Blutak DEFO= Expat conditions if returning to HKG you muppet."
Not sure what your point is here. If you are a freighter captain NO you don't get expat conditions. Its a flat crappy housing rate.:sad:

@Chaac (http://www.pprune.org/members/428232-chaac) "No doubt to had to give half the property profit to your ex-wife."
Same not sure where this is going, but NO not divorced (yet). See no relevance to what this threat is about.

Its a matter of SENIORITY! And hopefully fixing some of those past errors!!!

Basically a base is closing where the company has never been based from. Its a HK airline, you knew this when joining. You also knew that you were taking a "fast track" command or FO position. Suck it up and enjoy the fact you had a good 6 years at the position.

But please don't expect to be coming to HK with pilots with open arms...its just not going to happen.

You could not be coming to HK in a more pilot disillusioned time. Everyone is pi$$ed off and having you seniority jumping w@nkers coming here...well lets just say I'm glad I'm not you. :E

main_dog
5th May 2014, 12:38
It would appear the blu-tacky is not content with being merely wrong on most counts... he also feels he has to be an @$$hole about it, too.

:ugh:

geh065
5th May 2014, 12:51
So Pprune, which is normally full of sarcastic, argumentative Cx pilots hating on this group or that group, and never seemingly happy about anything are actually ganging up and and criticizing someone for being harsh on Pprune and saying we all work for the same team? WTF is happening?

Chaac
5th May 2014, 13:22
Point is you are a sad failed tos@er, those on the MAN base are all professionally qualified aviators, unlike you.

Vent your anger on management, if you dare, or just pis@ off elsewhere, do everyone a favour.

go43andrti
5th May 2014, 13:41
"Again EVERYONE who joined down the DEFO or jumped seniority for a command knew what they were getting into I'm afraid."

You can be 'afraid' of that you want. When I interviewed I was asked if i was willing to move to Hong Kong. My answer was a resounding NO! Not a 'maybe', not an 'it depends', it was a NO. So feel free to cast your 'I"m afraid' where ever you like, just not towards me. :=

Call this a 'hong kong' airline all you want, the fact is, it's a global airline. I don't live in Hong Kong, I don't pay Hong Kong tax and I'm paid by a company outside Hong Kong.

If you had in fact spoke up and pointed out how all the based people you were flying with were 'out of seniority' (btw, you need to be schooled on what out of seniority means), you'd be the first and only one to do so. I'm 'afraid' you probably don't have anybody to back this story though, right? One thing I must agree with you on, is the "thank goodness those days are over" statement. We have a lot of very good guys on the 'crap freighter' (built in 2014 and is the most advanced, largest, fastest and most efficient plane we own now) and you being on it would just bring the bar down. So yes, thank goodness!

positionalpor
5th May 2014, 13:53
"I was also offer a DEFO and I turned it down and took the full package as a DESO"

Really? :D
We need to meet you then! I always long to met someone with high moral standard just like yours. It will be encouraging to all of us.

Blutack
5th May 2014, 15:30
@ main_dog

"It would appear the blu-tacky is not content with being merely wrong on most counts... he also feels he has to be an @$$hole about it, too."

No idea what this means, come up with an argument instead of a simplistic slander perhaps?

@chaac

"Point is you are a sad failed tos@er, those on the MAN base are all professionally qualified aviators, unlike you."

I would like to think we are all trained to a standard at CX. So not sure what ur talking about here.

"Vent your anger on management, if you dare, or just pis@ off elsewhere, do everyone a favour."

Management wouldn't want to hear it. They would like to hear if more pilots would work for less...especially if that means taking a cheap command on a freighter!

@Go43andrti

"When I interviewed I was asked if i was willing to move to Hong Kong. My answer was a resounding NO!"

Well guess that was a bad decision...in hindsight?

"Call this a 'hong kong' airline all you want, the fact is, it's a global airline."

Umm that's weird statement have u read CX history, it IS a HK airline u dumb@ass.

"If you had in fact spoke up and pointed out how all the based people you were flying with were 'out of seniority' (btw, you need to be schooled on what out of seniority means), you'd be the first and only one to do so. I'm 'afraid' you probably don't have anybody to back this story though, right? One thing I must agree with you on, is the "thank goodness those days are over" statement. We have a lot of very good guys on the 'crap freighter' (built in 2014 and is the most advanced, largest, fastest and most efficient plane we own now) and you being on it would just bring the bar down. So yes, thank goodness!"

This statement has no meaning (apart from crap freighter...which has nothing to do with the type of aircraft, only the substandard junior roster) just a personal attack.

@positionalpor

"Really?
We need to meet you then! I always long to met someone with high moral standard just like yours."
Nothing to do with moral, just life choices. But I'm happy to meet, I will be at the mariners club for the AoA meeting.

But guess all you junior captain non-HK based pilots may not be able to make it??

BillytheKid
5th May 2014, 15:48
Blutak-

You should change your screen name to schadenfreude. You stay classy San Diego!

Fac6
5th May 2014, 15:58
** Sitting back eating popcorn and enjoying the show **

This is classic!

Trafalgar
5th May 2014, 16:05
...no, what this is is utterly self defeating. Please guys, put a cork in it. The ones really sitting down with popcorn are the GMA, DFO and the like. Enough already. We have far bigger enemies to confront than to allow ourselves to descend to infighting. Grow up...please.

Fac6
5th May 2014, 16:11
Trafalgar.

Apologies, was just trying to lighten it up. You're right but in all honesty it's all HK Pilots have ever been good at - Fighting with each other. :-(

Trafalgar
5th May 2014, 16:15
....yup, can't argue with that observation.

Kitsune
5th May 2014, 18:46
...and eating their young...:ouch:

Fac6
6th May 2014, 05:52
"You may not like the guys flying with you, they may not like you. But whose side are you on?" - Iceman (1986)

Chaac
6th May 2014, 06:25
I think you'll find that it was 1985.

However, you are correct in the respect of 'whose side are you on?'

Fac6
6th May 2014, 07:45
Chaac, the official release date was 16 May 1986 :-)

Chaac
6th May 2014, 09:39
Oops, I am wrong, I must be getting old.

JSB
6th May 2014, 10:13
...and at the risk of dragging this thread back to the base closure shall we not forget that there are capable and professional colleagues of ours that are facing huge upheaval in their lives and those of their families. Dare I say it, irrespective of their seat, contract or their company name (as it may have been) when they joined.

Blutack
9th May 2014, 19:03
@positionalpor

"Life is not about money and apartments."

Agree. its about stoping people screwing each other over (short and long term).

"No I am not a MAN based guy buy I flew with a lot of them and they are for the most part fine individuals."

Nothing to do with how fine they are it's a matter of seniority.

@chaac

Point is you are a sad failed tos@er, those on the MAN base are all professionally qualified aviators, unlike you.

That makes no sense, but it has nothing to do with professionalism, it's a matter if seniority...to$$er.

@syberfuchs

"Blutak.... Tread carefully chum, we're on the same team. "

No we are not, if we were there wouldn't be an issue.

"FYI:
Cadets signed up for zero housing and now they have HKPA.
iCadets signed up for HKPA and now scream poverty."

Yes you are right, blow wind up them.

"90% of us signed Fly to 55 and yet now can fly to 65 (at the expense of slower Commands for the rest)"

Yep agree I didn't sign terminally ill age 65.

"Gloating about $$ is just poor form, old boy."

Not relevant

@XRF8

"we need to learn from the past and strive to improve things"

No we don't we know what they were doing at the time was wrong. It's a netter of pilots not allowing anymore freebies...e.g. NO existing freighter captain transfers to HK!!!! You want to come to HK join back in seniority. Simple

@Fac6

"Who's side are you on"

The side of seniority.

@JSB

"they are capable and professional colleagues of ours"

no one has said or implied they are not professional. It's about out of seniority positions.

"that are facing huge upheaval in their lives and those of their families."

Yes this is a sad reality of taking a position 'out of the normal Hk base, and out of seniority etc. which they knew was a threat when they joined

spud
9th May 2014, 19:16
I presume, Blutack, that the reason you worship seniority is that unlike most of our friends at Manchester, your seniority and length of service are the same. Lucky you. Sadly, it seems to give you the justification to be heartless toward brother pilots whose service began the decade before last and are now facing terrible consequences through no fault of their own.
How about we support them? They already have knives in their backs, try to avoid the temptation to twist them.

positionalpor
9th May 2014, 21:47
X Blutack,
You already answer to my post previously, why do it again? Onset of Alzahimer?
I highly doubt you were offered a DEFO and opted out to " respect" a seniority list.
In any case we don' t care about what you did. If you propose yourself like that you will never find a fellow pilot on your side when you need it.

Ps: life is not about money mate. If you see what I see in the morning when I wake up your 647.000 won' t be enough..........

Chaac
10th May 2014, 01:52
I dont understand why you are so petulant.

The MAN guys are mostly ex KA given the option to continue in MAN for CX and join the bottom of the CX seniority list ( From your previous posts I am assuming that you don't know that).

If you have flown with MAN crew then you are a 400 pilot, HK based and an obvious low reactor, blames others for your own inability in the flt deck, I have a good idea who you are. You love the idea of seniority as it has nothing to do with meritocracy, the 2 should go hand in glove, but not for you. The co loves people like you, spouting venom and trying unsuccessfully to further divide the pilot group.

The MAN guys need all our support, but I think that the end of the day CX will lose another 30+ experienced aviators.

The FUB
10th May 2014, 01:53
Well said Chaac,

Care to post your thoughts on who Blutack is??

Arfur Dent
10th May 2014, 06:58
Unfortunately for all Based crew, Cathay has the Paris model whereby they shut the place and give 40 plus families 10 weeks to move or leave. No compassion, even in the most extreme circumstances - just move to Hong Kong or sod off with three months notice.
Guess what - everybody moved! So now they have added that to their armoury. They did try to mitigate the Manchester problem by converting all Capts to RHS but that obviously didn't work. Now we hear that Etihad may take them all but I worry that (a) that will help not hurt Cathay and (b) the guys might be leaping from the frying pan into the fire.
Notwithstanding all the above, it's a truism that if, for any reason, a Base doesn't work out - even if it fails because of Cathay's appalling cheapskate setup schemes - they will close it at will and bring you all back to HKG on the most minimal terms or fire you. You have been warned!

Table For 1
10th May 2014, 07:13
To those of Bluies ilk I would wake up. If CX succeed in forcing another group to HK on an underhand cheap skate deal it will merely add to the numbers not on the full Expat package...

If I was them when it comes to a vote I guess an increase in HKPA will do nicely when they take away your housing...that time must be accelerating closer in CX's devious minds with every day that passes.

Good luck to all.

GMEDX
10th Jun 2014, 13:48
I'm hearing that MAN base has got a twelve month reprieve. Have they learnt that closing a base is not that easy in countries that have proper employment law?

spannersatcx
10th Jun 2014, 14:52
The UK has some laws, none that stop redundancies though!

SloppyJoe
10th Jun 2014, 16:44
Maybe an issue with the recent slots in LON whilst at the same time announcing redundancies in MAN. My bet is they will allow the managers who are going to LON to take up a base go there then in 12 months close MAN and problem solved.

superfrozo
11th Jun 2014, 03:04
See what happens when the HKAOA isn't involved? Stuff gets done.

Well done MAN boys, finally a bunch of guys with strong solidarity and seniority principles, willing to stand up to CX. And where was the HKAOA? At their Swire allotted ski chalets no doubt.

Loopdeloop
11th Jun 2014, 06:44
superfrozo.
I always try to stop short of personal abuse both in person and online but have decided to make an exception this time. You are an idiot.

superfrozo
11th Jun 2014, 07:27
Perhaps my satire was a little too obtuse. I am an idiot LDL, but not for the reasons you think!

:}

main_dog
11th Jun 2014, 08:52
Actually, as a (now ten kilograms lighter) MAN-based boy, all I can say Superfrozo is, you're wrong.

MD

White None
11th Jun 2014, 08:54
superfrozo.
I always try to stop short of personal abuse both in person and online but have decided to make an exception this time. You are an idiot. Agreed:-

"Idiot"...2

Loopdeloop
11th Jun 2014, 08:55
:* Apologies for my duff fundar! :O

superfrozo
11th Jun 2014, 09:38
Wait, now I'm confused as usual. WN and MD, which is it I'm an idiot for: the misinterpreted satire or the actual satirical inference??

I knew I should have gone with sarcasm, hyperbole or litotes :hmm:

cxorcist
11th Jun 2014, 17:03
Well, I really enjoyed reading RH's Manchester base email.

Talk about eating crow! I love it.

AQIS Boigu
11th Jun 2014, 22:19
I am pleased for all the MAN based pilots that the process has been delayed by 12 months...BUT everyone got to ask himself how a base without airplanes can be viable in the long run - this ticking bomb has yet to be defused.

Almost every based pilot in CX (particular the ones hired by direct entry) struggles to understand that bases are solely a commercial decision not an employee benefit.

Further the apparent expectation and this sense of entitlement to remain on a base forever including getting a command on a base resembles the ever proven fact that pilots occasionally refuse to acknowledge reality vs. commercial sustainability in an evolving business world.
Fact is that we are a HKG airline with our HQ in HKG; hence - as seen recently with CDG - a potential relocation with its associated burdens should always be taken into consideration as a based pilot at CX.

Sometimes I wonder what the recruiters told based applicants during the interview process about a potential transfer to HKG in case of a base closure.

Arfur Dent
12th Jun 2014, 00:38
Come on chaps - just brief the wife and kids that they should be prepared to upsticks and move at any time. It's only 6000 miles and Hong Kong is a nice cheap place to live with the package we offer. Schools are pretty good and readily available with only a small (if you're rich like me) non- returnable debenture. Believe me, you're lucky to have this job and I know some of you (OK - hundreds of you) are foregoing Commands to stay on your Base but you should come to Hong Kong and live the dream.
They really thought this one through eh? All those Oxford brains and this is what you get......................

swh
12th Jun 2014, 00:47
.BUT everyone got to ask himself how a base without airplanes can be viable in the long run - this ticking bomb has yet to be defused

I dont understand why they are not be moved over to the 777 like they did for many people on other bases. They have already announced the will commence MAN services in December.

cxorcist
12th Jun 2014, 01:59
Maybe they want to fly the A350 there later on??? :ok:

Oh btw, most captains in MAN do not have pax command seniority, much less based pax command seniority.

swh
12th Jun 2014, 03:57
Oh btw, most captains in MAN do not have pax command seniority, much less based pax command seniority.

I thought they were all on unified pay scales these days ?

Fly747
12th Jun 2014, 04:10
That is interesting cxorcist, they do not have the seniority according to your perception of seniority. What matters however is UK employment law's interpretation of seniority; It is unlikely to take into account CX employees that are not employed in the UK, that would make them senior enough amongst UK based employees. Obviously if they were to fly pax aircraft that would create huge friction not compatible with good CRM.
Once the triple starts to MAN it will be much easier to position them to HKG to fly the freighter. They may well become the first commuters whose commuting is done in J class in the company's time and at its expense.

Cpt. Underpants
12th Jun 2014, 04:14
What is the (monetary) difference between a Freighter CN salary and Pax F/O?.

If it's negligible, a solution may be to right seat qualify the chaps on the MAN base to the 777 and wait until their seniority comes up for command.

If that is too heinous to contemplate, they could rotate half the chaps on a six monthly basis through the 777 in the right seat, or even dual qualify them - CN B744, F/O B777. There are already a number of pilots on the 3/F who are dual type qualified, so it's hardly precedent setting.

The issue of an underutilized workforce in MAN has not gone away. The company has given clear notice of it's intentions and the hammer IS going to fall, in due course.

The onus is on US to produce a solution - and present it, with it's productivity and pecuniary advantages - to CX to digest and eventually present as their own solution. (G*d forbid they actually acknowledge that their "million dollar morons" are capable of producing a working solution that actually SAVES money.)

swh
12th Jun 2014, 05:30
What matters however is UK employment law's interpretation of seniority; It is unlikely to take into account CX employees that are not employed in the UK, that would make them senior enough amongst UK based employees.

I dont have the basing agreement in front of me, I recall reading it a long time ago when pilots in NA were moving from the 744F to the 777 that is the company decides to reduce the frequency or stop serving the base it can offer those pilots slots on another type on the base without needing to advertise those slots. A lot of pilots on bases have been transferred to the 777 ahead of people on waiting list.

Seniority I thought would only be an issue if they were transferred directly to HKG on the 744. If they converted them to the 777 whilst on the base, then transferred them to HKG, do they retain their rank ?

Having 777 pilots based in MAN could be good reserve coverage for Europe.

White None
12th Jun 2014, 05:53
To clarify, (and don't wriggle out of it by playing the I'm so intelligent satire card).
Your Post 58, Sentences 1,2 and 4 = You're an Idiot
No, I'm not on the GC.

main_dog
12th Jun 2014, 07:28
Superfrozo, all I'm saying is that you're wrong about the AOA in this case: I'm quite happy with the way they went about this issue.

Aqis: you're absolutely right, but as usual reality is even more complex. Most of the MAN-based boys are ex-KA, they were gobbled up by us through no fault of their own. They would have a legitimate issue with being forced back to HKG on a package far inferior to that of their contemporaries still in KA (on full housing and ten weeks leave).

As far as people hired directly on a base, I have not met many who did not understand from day one that they were joining a HKG carrier and might reasonably expect to spend some of their career there. However, that understanding came hand in hand with the implication that the crewmember would have a say in when this happened (for an upgrade for example, or when kids reach a certain age), and it went without saying that it would be on a full expat package (there was nothing else at the time).

In summary I think Underpants is spot on: disaster averted for now but we need to work with the company find a solution acceptable to all of those involved in order to keep the positions viable.

MD

superfrozo
12th Jun 2014, 07:40
I'll make this brief.

I do NOT actually believe what I wrote.

It was a joke. Sarcasm. Satire. A p!ss-take of the anti-AOA idiocracy that pervades this forum.

Vishnu on a hamster-powered cheese cracker. I can't be any clearer than that.

main_dog
12th Jun 2014, 17:00
Ok, that one went right over my head... probably too tense after six weeks of fearing I had to find myself a new job!

MD

Trafalgar
12th Jun 2014, 17:13
Let's not lose sight of the big picture: CX has once again acted in a precipitous manner, without appreciating or considering all the relevant laws, the unintended consequences and basically demonstrating just how lacking in competence they truly are. It defies belief that year after year (decade after decade!) they always manage to get it exactly 'wrong'.

To those of you who still have a chance of a proper, stable and enjoyable career elsewhere, don't waste any more of your time with this venal outfit.

CYRILJGROOVE
12th Jun 2014, 17:30
Maybe your just too clever for everyone......it does not read as a pizz take!,

spannersatcx
12th Jun 2014, 17:32
congratulations to the pilots for keeping their bases for another 12 months. Spare a thought for the ground staff who have not been so fortunate and have lost their jobs. :sad:

Arfur Dent
12th Jun 2014, 17:52
Same Team - Same Dream!! What a dreadful way to treat good people. How do you sleep at night RH and cronies? Disturbingly, I suspect they sleep quite well.

Liam Gallagher
13th Jun 2014, 01:59
So does this all mean the DFO gets his LHR base later this year? I am sure it's all unrelated:}

If you,

a. are a member of the HKAOA and
b. had a quick read of the Forums, then..

what Superfrozo wrote would make perfect sense. :E. Superfrozo has just be given a long list of horrific diseases to contemplate as penance for upsetting your sensistivities.

AnAmusedReader
13th Jun 2014, 02:36
Discovery Bay

broadband circuit
13th Jun 2014, 10:01
Does anybody know where Lowmaxer lives?

He's not the place to direct your angst. The sh1t sandwiches are made way above his level. He just gets ordered to serve them to us.

Progress Wanchai
13th Jun 2014, 10:45
Straight from the third floor drunks.

The UK Labor Department couldn't understand why the Manchester crew couldn't just do a 777 conversion and switch to pax flying. It was politely explained there were "restrictions with the contract and a breach would have the AoA in... would have the AoA.... would have the..... Great Idea!!! We'll start straight away!"

Watch this space.

Dan Winterland
13th Jun 2014, 15:37
The TUPE legislation is law for those who work in the UK, and the UK law isn't interested in preserving the rights of those outside the UK who demand employment rights on a system which isn't necessarily recognised, and which has less basis in law than the rights of those already employed and about to be seriously inconvenienced, or made redundant.

Just stating the facts before anyone decides to flame me.

Arfur Dent
13th Jun 2014, 21:29
Surely, if they want to, CX will just convert all MAN pilots to the 777. Who would do anything? Certainly not the MAN pilots. What would the rest of us do? Go on strike? Enact CC? Write to our MP's/Fleet Managers/moan on Pprune?
Stand by because CX look a bit foolish right now and they don't like that (you'd think they'd be used to it).
As somebody said - watch this space - maybe they will close all the Euro bases - what would we do then?
Almost certainly - nothing.

cxorcist
13th Jun 2014, 22:27
If CX started closing bases en masse, I think a lot of wheels would stop turning. Not only would many be in search of new employers, just about everyone would be max PRAs and minimum cooperation. I would think those in Hong Kong but hoping for a base someday would be similarly pissed off and act accordingly. Accordingly, I think CX would be very unwise to declare war on bases in general.

ratmick
14th Jun 2014, 00:39
No carte blanche offer, but while all this has been going on EY did have a recruitment day just for the MAN boys at the Park Inn LHR, turnout was very good I hear. I look forward to working for an airline that doesn't come with the industrial baggage that CX has managed to accrue over the years,

AQIS Boigu
14th Jun 2014, 11:57
There is no commuting from the Middle East unless you call 5 Gs a month at home "commuting"...