PDA

View Full Version : Flybe Bases

capnbirdseye
1st May 2014, 12:50
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get my head around how pilots are allocated to routes at Flybe, in particular in the north of England. As I can see from their route map, Manchester looks like a main base in the north.

Do they have bases elsewhere or do Manchester pilots cover flights from Leeds/Bradford, Doncaster and Liverpool airports? If so, do pilots get to choose which one of these airports they can start from?

Thanks

JC25
1st May 2014, 14:48
Currently the only locations with a crew base are MAN, BHX, SOU, EXT, EDI, GLA and BHD.

IOM, ABZ, INV, EMA and NQY have crews staying overnight in hotels to crew early flights from those airports, but the crews are not based there.

Other airports do not have early morning departures so do not require a base or an overnighting crew/aircraft. The flight originate at one of the bases and operate in and out.

There are also a few W or zig-zag patterns where an aircraft and crew will originate at a one of those bases above then fly on to one airport and then on to another and back again. For example, one EDI based aircraft operates EDI-EMA-JER-EMA-EDI each day.

Hope that helps.