PDA

View Full Version : Wipe out on Ryanair

strake
1st May 2014, 11:36
Barrel roll, aileron roll, ham roll - Ryanair have to take it to a new level...

Read and weep..

'All hell broke loose': Anger as Ryanair staff encourage passengers to play 'rowdy toilet roll throwing game' to win FREE BOOZE on board flight to Tenerife | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2617682/All-hell-broke-loose-Anger-Ryanair-staff-encourage-passengers-play-rowdy-toilet-roll-throwing-game-win-FREE-BOOZE-board-flight-Tenerife.html)

fa2fi
1st May 2014, 13:40
Oh dear, I can't imagine FR supplied the free drink. Me thinks we'll be seeing more sackings for robbing from the bars by crew like the guy who ate the sandwich recently.

easyflyer83
1st May 2014, 15:12
It's just not professional to be fair. It's ok doing this on a Lapland charter or something like but it doesn't really have a place on a scheduled service. That said, no free alcohol was given (no issue in free alcohol anyway-many of us have been used to that) and the vast majority of the pax (given the pics) appear to be up for the fun.

The 'prank' was probably in keeping with the passenger profile but I wouldn't do that on a normal scheduled flight (nor would it be allowed) primarily because if things get too rowdy, you don't want to be accused of inciting anything. I just think it was perhaps just poor judgement by the crew rather than anything outrageous as suggested by the article.

PAXboy
1st May 2014, 15:29
Firstly - this the Daily Mail and so they will hype anything.
Secondly - tabloids cannot resist the phrase 'all hell broke loose' whenever possible - as it will attract eyeballs. Irrespective of whether it is appropriate or not.
Thirdly - 'free booze' from FR? I doubt it.

Nothing to see here, please move on to the next flight ... ;)

Heathrow Harry
2nd May 2014, 11:01
Terry Pratchett in "The Truth" pointed out how newspapers have a jargon that is very odd compared to normal usage - words such as "rumpus" or "fracas", "affray", "all hell...."

Aeroplanes always "Crash-land" or "explode" or "loop"

And they always put peoples age in after their name........................

750XL
2nd May 2014, 12:05
This article couldn't be further from the truth...

fa2fi
2nd May 2014, 12:26
Do tell.....