PDA

View Full Version : iPads for a/c maintenance

sam22
30th Apr 2014, 09:39
Hi All,

I'm currently working in the airline industry here in Australia. I'm doing some research into using iPads for a/c maintenance. Hoping they will help with technical publication management. Just wondering if anyone has any experience in using them, and if so what software is currently being used and how is it going? Are iPads helping with maintenance?

Cheers,

Sam

grounded27
1st May 2014, 04:51
Currently using them, have access to MM/EAML and also Facetime. Many bugs/hurdles to get over but none the less it is great to have one and especially access an AMM f I ever got a ramp check by our CAA. Using 3g/4g access is critical, WIFI is useless unless you have an insane amount of antenna on your ramp, otherwise depending on the security settings you have to log in every time you lose a signal. I often get a call during a block out and we used to get poor info, print a manual only to find out it was a different system and the manual for R&R/ ADJ test was just a waste of a tree.

Chris P Bacon
2nd May 2014, 11:09
The Ipad would be great if you can get over the oily finger problem. I keep a packet of wet wipes alongside mine when I am moving/changing pages in the on line publications.

NutLoose
2nd May 2014, 11:28
ATP manuals run through IPad, see

HubConnect App for iPad (http://www.atp.com/products/aviation-hub/hubconnect-app-for-ipad.php)

glad rag
2nd May 2014, 18:45
I find it an absolute godsend, instant access to any technical publication, wiring diagram, it's all there at your finger tips.

The catch is configuration control, but our lot are on top of that....:ok:

NutLoose
2nd May 2014, 20:52
I seem to remember the USAF were working on a design similar to google glass to project the manuals up in front of your eyes several years ago.

opalops
3rd May 2014, 08:44
Hope that's all controlled documents your using on your ipad

TURIN
3rd May 2014, 09:45
Big Airways are using them at main base. Controlled documents accessed through a live wireless link.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android