PDA

View Full Version : QF10 delay Dubai

DUXNUTZ
28th Apr 2014, 23:59
Qantas passengers on flight QF10 from Dubai to Melbourne stuck at airport | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/qantas-passengers-on-flight-qf10-from-dubai-to-melbourne-stuck-at-airport/story-fnizu68q-1226899255654)

Is this an A380? Thought these were self healing, maintenance-free aircraft?

Capn Bloggs
29th Apr 2014, 01:10
I dunno and I guess you thought wrong... :cool: :rolleyes:

skkm
29th Apr 2014, 02:17
In the past 2 weeks QF have had two A380s (OQD, OQI) and an A330 go AOG in HKG as well.

onetrack
29th Apr 2014, 02:22
Those bloody French products are notoriously unreliable. Just look at their cars. :suspect:

The Banjo
29th Apr 2014, 03:32
Yes, but the French women will reliably fleece you....:O

Offchocks
29th Apr 2014, 04:41
Yes, but the French women will reliably fleece you....

I don't think that is restricted to only French women!

Capetonian
29th Apr 2014, 05:15
Their leader is fleecing an entire nation.

haughtney1
29th Apr 2014, 07:12
The QF call to airbus for advice…

"but bruce..zizz iz not pozzible….we reject your diagnozizz, and say it iz not broken"

My money is on a 3 euro toilet water level sensor leading to cascading failures which meant the engines won't start...

Capetonian
29th Apr 2014, 07:16
"... but Bruce, it ees not our fault. You did not read properly ze instructions. You did not understand."

west atc
29th Apr 2014, 23:43
Happened a couple of months ago too, QF9 got airborne to London, reported shutting down an engine and returned to Dubai after holding presumably to get under landing weight. Not a big deal and passengers must have been catered for on other flights. Seems that it only makes the news if the passengers complain enough.

This sort of thing happens a lot but is more newsworthy if it's Qantas...

maggot
30th Apr 2014, 00:44
now roll on the runway closure delays/dramaz

Capt Claret
30th Apr 2014, 00:44
This sort of thing happens a lot but is more newsworthy if it's Qantas...

Probably because QF aeroplanes are newer & don't need engineering support.

Now if anyone's seen a bath tub floating about, I think Al may have thrown it out with the bath water!

virgindriver
30th Apr 2014, 01:23
I don't know why Qantas just doesn't shut down all it's International flying and give it all to Emirates.

Why even bother competing if you aren't going to try.

Save the shareholders lots of money with the huge losses International are making- it's becoming fairly obvious that's going to happen with no new orders.

Should shut down Jetstar International as well by the same tune with the huge profits they aren't making. Using brand new 787's for bogan transport to Bali where the average punter couldn't care less what they ride on, only that they get there at the cheapest possible price. What a joke.

What a laughing stock this company has become.

AviatoR21
30th Apr 2014, 02:25
Oh I bet all the "posh" passengers fly VA now! You're a joke.

Nigel747
30th Apr 2014, 05:45
AviatoR21, I think you're being a little harsh on Virgindriver. Personally, his post looks more like something from a QF employee, which I claim to be, and I largely agree with him. Class warfare aside, would it be more accurate to say that it is a farce to have your newest (and best?) equipment operating on what you would expect to be a low yielding route. He is dead right, IMHO, when he asks why bother competing if you're not gonna try.
This was a deadend topic, and the usual drift ensued, but for info the delayed QF 10 arrived last night around 10pm.

B772
1st May 2014, 05:15
Talk now of a single QF A380 operating DXB-LHR-DXB due to LHR 'loosing' money.

Alloyboobtube
1st May 2014, 05:46
The Jetstar international profit comes from the staffs bogan salaries, almost 10bucks a day for some cabin crew.

lc_461
1st May 2014, 05:56
Talk now of a single QF A380 operating DXB-LHR-DXB due to LHR 'loosing' money.

You know it's probably not such a bad idea, assuming that the A/C can be redeployed elsewhere more profitably eg DFW.
QF made the decision to give up all their euro flying to EK, and with it stop flights to Europe from BNE/PER and ADL. Combined with the loss of feed from those three cities, and the loss of BA feed for pax connecting beyond LHR, I wouldn't be surprised that QF can no longer fill 2x A380s leaving within a few hours of each other.

I don't work for QF, but apparently flights are doing well SYD/MEL to DXB. That makes sense - that is what the EK agreement was meant to do. Where the QF of yesteryear would scissor hub in Singapore and have multiple 330s/747s/380s feeding into the LHR flights, that is now gone forever. The result is that EK is laughing all the way to the bank...

Nevertheless, it must cost a fortune to operate so far from home - and maintaining a crew base ex LHR for 2x flights a day surely must be costing them more than they are saving. These 380s are best redeployed to markets where QF are not at a competitive disadvantage - the Pacific or even Japan.

The sad fact is though that if they cut the QF9/10 DXB-LHR they would likely just use the opportunity to retire more aircraft. Look back four or five years, before the mass contraction of international and rise of JQI, and you have bumper profits with essentially the same long haul fleet.