PDA

View Full Version : Con Pilot

OFSO
28th Apr 2014, 12:32
How are things today over there in tornado alley ? TV news pictures fairly horrific.....

500N
28th Apr 2014, 12:34
"TV news pictures fairly horrific....."

Don't they.

I was just thinking of who it was on PP who lives there.

Hope you (and others) are OK.

Worrals in the wilds
28th Apr 2014, 12:35
Same same! All the best to everyone over there, particularly CP.
Big Weather sucks. :sad:

DX Wombat
28th Apr 2014, 12:38
Hope you, your family and the woolly mammoths remain unscathed C-P.

redsnail
28th Apr 2014, 12:44
He's probably just annoyed his bbq's being ruined. :}

Vercingetorix
28th Apr 2014, 13:23
One hopes that he has a decent single malt in stock.

Gordy
28th Apr 2014, 16:46
One hopes that he has a decent single malt in stock.

I suspect he has many..... Sending good vibes all the same.

con-pilot
28th Apr 2014, 17:50
No worries, the tornados missed us by a wide margin, they were all well east of us on the Oklahoma/Arkansas border, thank God. Last I heard on the local news was that two people were killed in small town in the far northeast corner of Oklahoma where it meets Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas.

All we recieved was some moderate rain and some thunder and lightening. Just normal spring time thunderstorms early Sunday morning. Even the wind was not that strong.

I hesitate to say something that may end up bitting me in the buttocks, but it looks like this year all the bad weather will be east of us. This happens every once in a while, where the lines of severe, tornado producing thunderstorms start to form over central Oklahoma, where Oklahoma City is, then move east and intensify producing tornadoes.

Last year the lines formed in western Oklahoma and by the time they reached central Oklahoma and Oklahoma City, they had stared producing tornadoes. One on those lines produced the toradoes that devestated the suburb of Oklahoma City called Moore, destroying the schools that killed the seven children and one of their teachers, while causing massive damage in other areas of the town.

We were in Ireland when this happened and watched it on TV with the rest of you.

Thanks so much for asking, it means a lot that you care.

Cheers. :ok:

angels
28th Apr 2014, 18:00
Hadn't heard of this. Good to know you're okay connie.

wings folded
28th Apr 2014, 18:02
Is it a first for jet blast that a scribe posts a few words on a thread that bears his name?

I do not remember seeing it before.

So glad you have been spared, but I think you can have a small single malt to toast your luck. Better make it two, just to be certain. You never know.

Pinky the pilot
29th Apr 2014, 01:41
small single malt to toast your luck. Better make it two, just to be certain

Or a couple of large ones!:ok: And hope the luck continues to hold out.

V2-OMG!
1st May 2014, 05:44
Glad you, the scotch, cigars, and that fine oak-panelled den remain unscathed! :)