PDA

View Full Version : Trump 757

ZAZ
28th Apr 2014, 10:38
I just watched the Mighty Planes 757 doco and saw the Captain and FO do an overnight flight trans-Atlantic, a low fly by and some incredible duty hours.
They flew during day, left NY at near curfew time and 24h later got to motel. Then next evening rested in the terminal and flew back to US. 48 hours 2 trans-atlantic one crew? Is this possible?

MarkerInbound
28th Apr 2014, 11:07
Did he move his plane to LGA, that's the only airport in NY that I can remember with any noise abatement program. Part 125 says you have have to have 8 hours rest in 24. So a 16 hour duty day with say 14 hours flying, 8 hours off, 16 hours duty with another 14 hours flying is legal. You could do that until the crew drops dead. Their main protection is the owner isn't going to want to spend their life in a plane. But since you're not going to buy a ticket on that plane the FAA doesn't care.

cactusbusdrvr
29th Apr 2014, 04:35
Your talking about an owner who doesn't give a sh## about rules and probably a crew who do not wish to stand up to the Donald.

I read an article years ago about Freeport/McMoran, a large mining company that flies all over the world in their 757. The crew said they sometimes sleep on the jet at some destinations, presumably due to poor accommodation availability. I read that and was very happy I was flying a 757 for an airline with a union contract.

chimbu warrior
29th Apr 2014, 05:07
Part 125 says you have have to have 8 hours rest in 24. So a 16 hour duty day with say 14 hours flying, 8 hours off, 16 hours duty with another 14 hours flying is legal.

Am assuming that the Trump 757 is operated under Part 91. Therefore, no such limits.

ZAZ
29th Apr 2014, 08:55
Yes they flew in daylight to lga for an etd of 930pm' but he wanted to watch football game so turned up at 2330 30 mins before curfew. Crew flew all nite to Scotland and got to hotel by 1800. But next day was the 500 foot figure 8 over the golf course then down to England for nite departure, crew waited in lounge and he boarded and went to bed. Trump or no he sounds like a dead head.

Al Murdoch
29th Apr 2014, 13:16
Do they have a special stowage for his teeth and hair?

RAT 5
29th Apr 2014, 14:00
Toupee airlines. To be avoided!

Cause of crash? NTSB. "Pax ego???" = human error, but whose?