PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a delta flight attendant?

awesomepossumyeah
27th Apr 2014, 23:17
I have a few questions about being a flight attendant, knowledge of Delta would be preferred.

1. During the 8 week training what kind of housing are you set up in?
2. During the training do you get paid weekly, bi-weekly or monthly?
(the reason i ask is that i have a husband and children and wouldn't want to go to 8 weeks without them if i didn't have to, so knowing when i got paid would help in getting them out to atlanta with me, any tips on getting through training with a family?)

3. My friend has a tattoo on her forearm about 4-5 inches up from her wrist, from what I've read she would be able to work there if it was covered by the long sleeve uniform? Or do they not want tattoos at all that will be visible in short sleeves? (this question is for delta alone not other airlines)

Thanks for your assistance.

CoExGal
1st May 2014, 10:03
I am not a Delta Flight Attendant, but from experience, I can tell you that you will only be free on weekends, and you probably won't be allowed to have anyone there visit you during the week.

Training is very, very intense, and you will need to be focused and study alot without distraction.

If you want to be a Flight Attendant, you will have to understand that you can be away from your family for perhaps 4 days--or more--at a time. And you must accept any base assignment they give you, which means if you live in one city and are based in another, you must live at that base the days you are on reserve, which means you must get a crash pad and live with other Flight Attendants, as it is too expensive to get your own apartment. Being on reserve means you have to be ready at a moment's notice to be at the airport. A moment's notice could be at 4 in the morning.

Even when you have a set schedule, flight delays, weather, mechanical problems, etc. could cause delays in your schedule which would mean you could be working longer or extra days.

Delta I am almost positive does not pay for training unless you pass.
So you would have to complete the entire 8 weeks (are you sure it's that long?) of training before you get paid, and it is more of a stipend rather than a pay check. I am not sure what they give you, but their website should tell you; something tells me it is about $500, but I could be wrong.

You are usually put up in a hotel with another student who shares the room with you.

Tattoos should be covered with makeup or merely not visible with a uniform on.

Hope this information helps.