PDA

View Full Version : Info on hiring in Asia?

Mydayjob
26th Apr 2014, 19:17
I am an FO at a regional in the US (and I'm a US citizen). Currently have 1700 TT, and about 200 in the emb145. I'm not necessarily going to jump ship this second but I do want to fly and get paid! I'm looking for advice on what airlines to look at that pay well. My friend recommended China Eastern Airlines. I can't find any hiring information on them. Please let me know if you have any info on airlines that would hire low time FO's. Also, I heard that some Majors here in the U.S. don't care for the time built at some foreign carriers. Does anyone know if that's true? And if so which ones? Thanks!!

WYOMINGPILOT
27th Apr 2014, 02:05
You have no chance in China as they are looking at mostly type rated Captains. There are a few FO positions but remember China has a population of 1.3 Billion to recruit from without experience. I think Air Asia was recruiting low time pilots so that may be an option. Other possibilities may be EVA or Air Macau but both have lengthy and difficult recruitment processes. Look at the EMB 145 operators in Asia and target them but if your current job has the possibility of upgrade within a few years to captain I would remain where you are at. Upgrades in Asia are very slow and ExPats given the lowest priority and sometimes no upgrades are allowed. Best of Luck.

AvEnthusiast
27th Apr 2014, 03:49
stick there in US. I assume you have ATP as your hours are above 1500. The new regulations and requirements they say have created shortage of pilot in US, so probably you will have the chance of moving to big guys if you are not happy with Emb.

vinayak
27th Apr 2014, 09:21
Tiger/JetStar will pick you up with a type rating. Upgrades happening as well.

highandlow
27th Apr 2014, 10:42
Yes , you might have some opportunities here in Asia but do not think at China eastern or any Mainland carrier as basicly they only look for captains as said by others before . But I believe more and good realistic chances more in SE Asia and just enjoy the life here next to flying and you will have in 1-2 years enough decent time to go knocking on some US major or domestic jet carriers doors.... Good luck and go for it ..... I did the same and now lovely cruizing .... Go for it and enjoy the SE Asia lifestyle on top of it

highandlow
27th Apr 2014, 10:47
Wyomingpilot gave real good advice , only i still believe upgrades can go quiet fast if lucky and adapt to local culture etc remember only go abroad to fly and not to change the company or country culture .....

ReverseFlight
3rd May 2014, 01:26
Mydayjob, if China is your aim, you might consider an FO position with a bizjet operator, given your 200 hours in the emb145.

gcpilot8
6th May 2014, 23:19
Most of the Asia hires EXPERIENCED TYPE RATED CAPTAINS. Few airlines hire FOs but will not upgrade. Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, Fly Dubai, Eva all hire FOs without type rating and time in type but one needs a few thousand hours on jets. Each company has their own other sets of qualifiers on top.

COPA in Panama hires FOs into 737 without time and type. As far as Asia, that is for some seasoned pilots with some few thousand hours.

Like couple of people said earlier, stay in the US if the upgrade is in near sight. Nothing compares to home.

CaptainProp
8th May 2014, 11:32
Try MinSheng or Metrojet, don't think BAA have any Embraers. MinSheng are advertising for 650 crew and offering $10K+ for FOs.

CP

latetonite
8th May 2014, 17:49
200 hrs in the right seat, and one post on PPRUNE? You should go where they give you a command as soon as possible.