PDA

View Full Version : Wuhan

tommy4931
26th Apr 2014, 03:27
Hello. I'm curious if anybody has any experience with Wuhan/China Eastern. I'm a 73NG guy and I found their offering very attractive. Thanks for any input you guys might have.

WYOMINGPILOT
26th Apr 2014, 07:20
It's too new to have any insider information but currently is on paper industry leading. Things usually move upwards at other carriers when a new entrant moves in. Take a good look at Wuhan and find out if you would like it there. If you are bringing the family you would need ExPat style housing and good education facilities for your children all which will be expensive but sometimes subsidized by the airline. If this is your first airline in China then you may want to look at others even though they offer less pay currently, they may be in more suitable ExPat areas in China. Shenzhen airlines has one of the longest ExPat pilot groups and there are good options there. The new contracts at Hainan might be another good option but they are advertising multiple bases and I don't think they are truly offering that yet. If you are dong a commuting contract the Hainan contracts might be your best bet. There are quite a few options out there now but be choosy as it is difficult to change jobs in China. If this is your first airline job in China do your research on the dreaded Chinese medicals as they are extremely difficult. Once you turn 40 they become difficult and your job is on the line every 6 months, at 50 almost impossible to pass so ZERO job security. China is not a career it is a quick cash option for 1-2 contracts then move elsewhere for stability and security. Do your homework and research before coming here. I have been here 4 plus years now but on my way out. Best of Luck.