PDA

View Full Version : 737/320 jobs

B-737
24th Apr 2014, 13:41
Hello

It seems for the moment that there are much more jobs on the 320 compared to the 737 where there is much less jobs

Do you think the 737 tr will become useless soon and the 320 tr is the i
one to have?

JimbosJet
24th Apr 2014, 13:56
That would depend on where you are looking. The far east would appear to offer more positions on Boeing 737 vs A320, though of course the A320 is present in good numbers too.

I suspect you are asking from a low houred perspective and forgive me if that is not the case.

I would advise that you refrain from getting any rating without the promise of a job at the end of it and certainly resist the temptation of buying into any pay to fly line training deals as they are the disease of this industry and should not be supported by anyone.

B-737
24th Apr 2014, 14:04
Absolutely now eagle jet is asking for 79 000 euros for tr and 300 hrs on the 320. This job is getting crazy after spending 80 k euros for the initial training you must add another 80k with Absolutely no garantee to find a job even after the line training

Flying Clog
24th Apr 2014, 14:45
Stupid is as stupid does. Serves you right for paying for a rating :ugh:

Plastic787
24th Apr 2014, 16:48
Much more jobs on the A320? I take it you are joking. Outside of Asia there's virtually nothing. Mind you the same applies to the 737 right now too. And by the looks of the easyJet website they've reassessed plans to recruit externally this year. All mention of 2015 recruitment now gone.

latetonite
24th Apr 2014, 17:53
Why you do not buy quickly both qualifications?

captplaystation
24th Apr 2014, 18:22
300 hr on type is a total waste of time, and will merely put you in an (arguably) even bigger group of chimps , with 300 hr on type, as opposed to none, or indeed no type rating.

Expenditure should only be considered if there is a possibility of an ongoing contract (one of the few good things to be said for Ryanairs version, where your 28,500(?)€ at least buys you into an ongoing contract. )

Spending your (or your parents ) hard-earned on a line-training programme is a massive risk, unless they are prepared to commit themselves beyond a few hundred hours. Too many have gone before you & flooded the market, open your eyes.

Rick777
24th Apr 2014, 20:49
As far as which rating is better to have it obviously depends on where you are, but Boeing just produced 737 number 8000 which I think is more airplanes than Airbus has produced total. That said I think buying any type rating without the promise of a job is a huge waste of money.

Groundloop
25th Apr 2014, 11:00
but Boeing just produced 737 number 8000

But a lot of those 8000 are no longer flying!:ok:

pilot3103
25th Apr 2014, 23:21
Have a look at how many people are even offering a job if you are rated with 300 hours minimum.... My guess is none. Most companies will either want you with no type rating, or a rating but with bare minimum 500 hours, most state 1500 or thereabouts. Don't do it.

despegue
25th Apr 2014, 23:52
Absolute ban on ex pay-to-flyers in my company:}:ok:

They do not fit the profile of somebody thinking forward and taking responsibility.

silverhawk
28th Apr 2014, 03:44
You have the licence.
They have the equipment.
Come to a mutually beneficial agreement on training costs. Do not be seduced into thinking you have no negotiating power.
Without crew the equipment goes nowhere and is very very expensive as an ornament.

A and C
28th Apr 2014, 06:18
The biggest problem with getting a job is getting past the people at the bottom of the HR chain, they have been told to reject any application that fails to meet a set of criteria........ So if their list says 500 hours in command on the A320 if you have 400 hours you will be rejected for the job regardless of any other experience, it is just the way they filter the numbers to keep the number of people they interview down to manageable levels.

This is a problem to the likes of me, I have 400 hours in command of an A320 but also have done the and passed the maintenance course for the aircraft and have aproxamatly 14,000 hours total with 6000 hours in command of B737 but I have no chance of getting an A320 job ( the reason for the small amount of A320 time is that the airline was streaming me for an A330 command but was not flying the aircraft so I was placed with another airline with an A320 to A330 QQC planned just before the A330 turned up with the airline........... Then the airline went bust !).

The people who do the filtering in the HR department are usually know very little about aviation and are given no discretion and I have seen a graduate from ETPS ( UK test pilot school ) with lots of wide body jet time rejected by some junior pen pusher on the grounds that he did not have a qualification so minor that he did not see any reason to mention it on his application.

B-737
28th Apr 2014, 08:57
But is the time on type more important than the total type? For ex if a company is asking for 1000 hrs total and 300 on type , if someone has just 800 total and 500 on type is he having a chance?

captplaystation
28th Apr 2014, 10:02
I think the only answer anyone can give you is "maybe" or "it depends", no harm done in making an application, or an enquiry to the "right source" (as hinted above, possibly NOT the H.R. Dept ) if they refuse it doesn't stop you applying again when you have the requested experience.

As you have been told in various posts on this and the other thread you started "Airline Requirements" , it may be limited by Ops Manual/ Insurance / Union Agreement, so any of us can only comment on one specific company (and indeed that may change day by day depending on the number of applications they receive. . or not ! )

A and C
28th Apr 2014, 21:24
You are missing the point and trying to apply common sense to the situation, the people you have to get past as a first step to a job are low grade pen pushers who only look at your application and if it fails to meet the specification they have been given it will get binned.

The only chance you have if you don't exactly meet the spec is to somehow get your application directly to on to desk of one of the company's decision makers.

If you can't understand things that make no sense whatsoever you are trying to get into the wrong business, after all how if you can't understand this concept how are you ever going to be able to deal with airport security ?

flyhigh85
8th May 2014, 17:15
Most defiantly, at least in Asia and far east there is much more demand for Airbus pilots than Boeing pilots. Just look to China, the highest wages are for Airbus positions.