PDA

View Full Version : Kazahkstan GA flying

indaloamman
24th Apr 2014, 08:37
Evaluating Almaty as a potential next posting and not having much luck getting the Google overview of what the recreational flying scene there is like. Appears to be an aero club based at Baiserke, and a very thorough AIP for what few airports exist. Little other info, though. Can I bring my Zenith 701 with me? Do GA aircraft get assessed the minimum airnav fees (for less than 50 tons MTOW $47/100 km)? Can one land off-piste? Any observations or additional contacts welcomed.

noneya
25th Apr 2014, 12:25
indaloamman,

I am based in Almaty and I am not aware of any GA (light personal piston aircraft), at UAAA. But I do believe there are a few grass strips that have some small aircraft buzzing around. I will find out for you what the field is that they are using.

J

noneya
25th Apr 2014, 12:41
indaloamman,

Try these guys.. The English version of the website it down at the moment but it is a starting point. These guys should be in the know about GA in KZ

??????? - Discovery Flight School (http://dfs.kz/ru/)

Hope this helps
J

machone
30th Apr 2014, 09:26
Unless you speak fluent Russian, I would suggest that there is no GA Flying

noneya
1st May 2014, 03:09
And why would you say that? ATC for sure speaks english. I would say 80% of the country, especially in the big cities like Almaty, they speak english.