PDA

View Full Version : MPL.. Is a "GO" or "NO-GO" nowadays?

Moataz777
20th Apr 2014, 22:43
Hello Crew,

i've been very curious about the MPL course that most of the airliners now offer to their cadets , but am still confused about the quality of this licence type , and really not sure if i go for it , am i going to be qualified in the future to operate on the big airliners like EK,EY,QR especially they train to be an A320 ac and am in love with the big mama B777 and want to fly that AC in the future, is it possible to fly a B777/787 with MPL licence ? and what about the quality of MPL nowadays?

stella di mare
24th Apr 2014, 22:27
You can fly any type of aircraft with a MPL as long as you have the type rating for it. After 1500hrs you could get the standard ATPL (not 100% sure if you would get a multicrew only restriction on it, but no large airline operates single crew anyway). Quality of training depends on the FTO. You'll notice the benefits of your 120 hrs of multicrew sim time during your TR, you'll have no problems passing that. Disadvantage of a MPL is that it is a worthless piece of paper if your sponsor airline can't provide you with a TR and LT.