PDA

View Full Version : VB rejection letter for ground crew

OZ-FLYBOY
20th May 2002, 04:04
Hi, well i finally recieved the letter from hell from VB. i guess i was expecting this and i guess they wanted someone good. It was only my first application to an airline so i dont feel that bad. I am going to send them a letter to ask them to change their minds. I felt that the assesment day did not allow them to know the real me. come on in 1minute they cant possibly chose who will stay or go. In my letter i will try and convince them that i am what they are looking for. The only thing i need now id the "Virgin Blue recruitment" address. and who do i send it to. i have the recruitment managers name but do i sent to her or someone else?
congats to all who made it in to VB!!!
thanks

airborne1
20th May 2002, 08:34
OZBOY!! dont give up...I tried 3 times to get into virgin and just got in!!

There actually address is

131 Barry Parade
Fortitude Valley
Q 4006

All the best!

cabincrewboy
20th May 2002, 12:11
Hey guys just giving you an update on my recruitment with Virgin Blue.
Got the same letter as OZ-FLYBOY today. While i am disappointed that i did not get any further, i have to say that i am more angry with Virgin at the moment. :mad:

Whilst this might seem petty, and OZ-Flyboy was saying we only had a minute for them to get to know the real "me" you think in a rejection letter they could have at least spelt my name write. Whilst i know that they receive an enormous number of applications and also must write a large number of letters, i think it somewhat unprofessional that they could not even write my name properly ......

For all that want to know and if any Virgin Recruitment Officers are out there, my name is Tim and not Jim :p

Best of luck with the retry Oz-Flyboy. I am not fussed about it, being only 19 and going to uni full time .... i am sure there is something for me somewhere out there in the aviation industry!!

Night all, i hope this post does not offend anyone.

Theo Racle
20th May 2002, 19:38
Ahhh... CCboy. Spelling, the downfall of many. You might like to write yourself a little note - "Remind self - check that I have the right spelling or even better, use the word "correctly".

jayne
13th Jun 2002, 04:27
hey Oz. Im sorry to hear about virgin. Don't worry. I have been rejected twice for a F/a position and if i don't get ground crew im going to keep on going until they are so sick of seeing me that they will have to hire me. Rejection for the first time ius a big let down but you have to keep trying and eventually if you want it bad enough you will get in. Goodkuck and keep me informed. xo

FloatJockey
13th Jun 2002, 07:57
Guys, I feel to mention something that has probabily been written a few times on this forum (and I add a bit to it):

Most of the time, H.R. people choose candidates that fit the 'mould' (and most of the time they f**k up!). When it is a F/A selecting you, it is because he/she feels he/she would enjoy working with you (personality based).

It is well-known that VB target a very specific kind of people and I don't want to spend more time on that subject because it is like throwing a bomb on the topic... everybody gets upset and offensive... Xenia and Sick Squid take over... end of conversation. Let's not get there... :rolleyes:

Returning to the rejection letter: if you do not get selected, it is probabily because there is another airline "waiting" for you. What is the point of forcing yourself into a company that doesn't give you the chance you feel you deserve anyway?

Try somewhere else, build up interview' experience, knowledge of the industry, then eventually re-apply in a few months time. Many can testify they had to try for quite a long time, often sitting to more than 10 interviews, before they got the job.

It is known that airlines do target different kind of people every now and then... Sometime they need younger people, sometime more mature or experienced candidates. Maybe you simply happen not to match what they are currently looking for! Don't feel inadequate or frustrated because it is not worth it! Next time you might be their perfect match!

Welcome to the magic lottery!

In the meantime, if you wish to prepare yourself for future interviews, do your Resp. Service of Alcohol, Senior First Aid, Language tests, passport renewal, etc. You could also network with people in the industry and see if they agree to help you re-formatting your CV in a more 'customer service' oriented manner, work on the cover letter, get a better photo to attach... It sounds silly but having everything ready is a HUGE advantage, especially considering that lately airlines have taken the liberty to call their candidates 2 days before the interview date (see Impulse in SYD last May...). :eek:

Good luck to you all!

Mrs. FloatJockey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. Theo Racle, in life do you make friends easily or do you only push buttons and ring bells all the time?? :rolleyes:

Theo Racle
13th Jun 2002, 19:42
Sorry to offend you Mrs Float Jockey... must be my sense of humour ;). Just thought it was amusing that someone makes a post criticising somebody else's spelling only to make similar mistakes themself.

Nobody's perfect but making a post of that nature and not checking the spelling?

PS Quite happy with the 1 friend I have thank you. Even if she is inflatable.

FloatJockey
14th Jun 2002, 04:14
:eek: :D :D :D :D :D I'm sure she has loads of qualities and a nice personality! Lucky she doesn't know how to RIGHT/RAIT/WRIGHT/ ehh...