PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why - A new casa??

Up-into-the-air
20th Apr 2014, 05:03
Browsing and a TV advert took me to the following:

CASA projects (http://www.casa.org.au)

Pap Screen project

CASA Forum and Pap Screen Victoria have developed a joint initiative to support victim/survivors of sexual assault to access cervical screening.
Anecdotally CASAs are aware that victim/survivors of sexual assault either don't screen or under screen due to the difficulties many women experience when accessing intrusive medical procedures. A CASA House 2002 study of 15 women affirmed this.
In partnership with CASAs, Pap Screen Victoria are:

Developing a screening checklist to assist CASA counsellors in discussing screening with their clients
Providing cervical screening information kits to each regional centre
Providing education to CASA managers state wide through the CASA monthly forum and for seniors to enable the training to be passed on to counsellor/advocates
Facilitating participation of Nurse Pap Test Providers in sexual assault workshops run by regional CASAs
Identifying Nurse Pap Test Providers in CASA locations to provide support and referral
Adding a page on PSV website about sexual assault with links to CASA website.

nomorecatering
20th Apr 2014, 05:24
In this instance CASA refers to the Center Against Sexual Assault. Not something that should be joked about.

Hempy
20th Apr 2014, 05:29
Not sure OP is suggesting it's a joking matter, more questioning the choice of acronym. Who will get more misdirected phone calls, CASA or CASA?

Up-into-the-air
20th Apr 2014, 05:53
Correct Hempy!

Acronym's, Acronym's

004wercras
20th Apr 2014, 06:33
CASA has been f:mad:ing industry against its will for years, systemic 'buggery' comes to mind!

Pinky the pilot
20th Apr 2014, 08:21
Actually, it's Acronyms Acronyms.:=:}

Hat, Jacket, Door etc.

DancingDog
20th Apr 2014, 09:47
study of 15 women affirmed this.

Such a massive sample size!

Horatio Leafblower
20th Apr 2014, 11:20
PAP screening for CASA? surely nobody is suggesting they are all a bunch of... :eek:

...no of course not. :O

Howard Hughes
20th Apr 2014, 12:39
Sometimes PPRuNe could do with a like button!

This one's for you Horatio! :ok:

Horatio Leafblower
20th Apr 2014, 15:28
Howie baby I'm your biggest fan...

..nie :}

aroa
21st Apr 2014, 05:13
Judging by the past and the time it takes CAsA to write "stuff" up or just do a right stuff-up...this could be a developing industry for a growth section for the bureaurats involved.

All the dot points listed show that this will turn into complex fluff as you get in a PhD course on how to tie shoelaces.

And here we are being bombarded by the Govt that money is tight, and CAsA have to cut 10%.

Got an aviation safety issue? Forget it. Not enough money to look into that.
What are the requirements/obligations of the Civil Aviation Act 1988 again ???:eek:

004wercras
21st Apr 2014, 06:57
And here we are being bombarded by the Govt that money is tight, and CAsA have to cut 10%.
Got an aviation safety issue? Forget it. Not enough money to look into that.
What are the requirements/obligations of the Civil Aviation Act 1988 again ???Exactly. It proves that the Minister, his advisors, the treasurer and other assorted naval lint have no idea about safety, it's impacts and how it is affected by something like a 10% shave. The Inspectors I know are already frustrated that they can't get out into the field to do their job because budget restrictions come before safety oversight and risk management. Perhaps they blew budget paying for Sky Sentinel? But there is some good news - There is money in the upper echelon to pay for Montreal trips as well as guest speaking roles at an assortment of international locations for those with PooHD's and some of the other old cripples. And of course there is money for A380 endo's for the "over 70's" in CAsA's ranks, and plenty of money in the bigger Comcare pot to pay for all those pesky legal cases where an operator must be buried at all costs !

gerry111
21st Apr 2014, 09:21
Sorry, Ladies and Gentlemen. But I've had a sense of humour failure. I think that this thread is in very bad taste. :ugh:

Up-into-the-air
21st Apr 2014, 10:13
Here is a little puzzle for everyone, being Easter and we have time to reflect on lots of things.

As you all know, there was a recent inquiry by the Senate, which uncovered a report by a "Roger Chambers" - otherwise known as the Chamberpot report.

This report was subsequently used [on application to mrdak (kingcrat)] to justify a $89m cash injection for casa to 'fix things'.

I have been looking at the casa annual reports and cannot find the cash trail.

Who can help solve the mystery??