PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP SKIL TEST

farisjet
19th Apr 2014, 21:27
Dear all

I have just completed FAA written test exam and i am current as a first officer on B737NG with over 2000 hours on type.. I Hold FAA CPL with B737 endorsement.. I would like some help and advice as where to take an FAA ATP SKIL TEST i live in the UK but fly in the middle east region for a national carrier.. I was told that i could take the test after completing a Type rating training but i am already type rated or in a multi P44 Seminole which i have not flown in years.. I was hoping to find a DPE who is already approved on B737NG to take the check ..

Thanks

MarkerInbound
20th Apr 2014, 00:13
Your problem is going to be the FAA does not grant many DPEs 737 authorization. I was looking a few years ago and there was one. The FAA wants pilots getting a type rating in a transport jet to go through a 142 school. The 142 school will have what you would think of as DPEs who are called TREs. But their authorization is only good for students who have gone through the 142 school's program.

You say you have a FAA commercial with a 737 rating. Is it a full type rating or just the make ICAO happy SIC rating? If it is a regular type rating and you pass an ATP checkride in a little twin, the 737 rating will move up to the ATP level. The idea is you were held to ATP standards for the type ride even if you did not have an ATP or didn't have the time to make the type ride an ATP checkride. So there is no reason to repeat the ride.

farisjet
20th Apr 2014, 03:30
Hi Markerinbound
It was a full PIC type with the limitations.. After actual 25 hrs jet time on type it would have been removed.. As you have mentioned that it was up to ATP standards i will contact PANAM academy and ask them if they can endorse it on my license . Once again thank you so much for your kind reply.

Regards