PDA

View Full Version : A Daughter Grows Up

lomapaseo
17th Apr 2014, 18:19
Tuff to watch when you daughter gets old enough to leave home.

Leaves a tear in my eye it does.

MSN Entertainment - (http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=3&from=en-us_msnhp#/video/dc507480-e025-ee06-701a-8596e1e33657)

Blacksheep
17th Apr 2014, 18:24
Watched four grow up. The sadness is soon replaced by great pride. :)

G-CPTN
17th Apr 2014, 18:35
The best event of my life was seeing my (only) daughter born.

The second best was giving her away at her wedding.

Job done!

500N
17th Apr 2014, 18:37
Great video.

I can imagine you lot would be proud.

charliegolf
17th Apr 2014, 19:11
The best event of my life was seeing my (only) daughter born.

The second best was giving her away at her wedding.

+1 from me.

In my Dad 'o the Bride speech, I explained to all present that I had put 3k aside in case the groom, who's a great kid, needed 'offing' via contract!

Wise to be well planned, I felt.

CG

scr1
17th Apr 2014, 19:47
Ours has her 17th birthday today.

Such a young lady now (and a right madam when she wants to be)

God they grow up so fast

Hydromet
17th Apr 2014, 23:45
Great - raised two beautiful, strong women, now reprising it vicariously with my granddaughter.

exeng
18th Apr 2014, 01:13
The best event in my life was watching my first Daughter being born 32 years ago. The worst ever event in my life was watching her for a week in the ICU recovering physically from a suicide attempt. Some steps have been made with the mental health situation but it will never be over.

My other 3 children, though their lives are not perfect, seem to be doing well.

Life is very strange to say the least.

Regards
Exeng

603DX
18th Apr 2014, 09:53
Delightful video. I like to think that every daughter is a princess, to a loving father. My two certainly are to me, and the ages-old ceremony of walking them down the aisle at their weddings was a potent symbol of the "handing over" of their care to their husbands. My son-in-laws are lucky men.

Oh, and my son is a prince among men, his wife is as fortunate as his sisters. :)

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2014, 10:21
the ages-old ceremony of walking them down the aisle at their weddings was a potent symbol of the "handing over" of their care to their husbands.It certainly was for me.
After several boyfriends, some of which were less than desirable, my daughter found a partner backed by a wonderful family, and I was pleased to hand her over knowing that she was becoming a part of that family.
Of course she remains my daughter, but, knowing that she has the support of her husband's brothers and sister and their spouses means that I don't have to worry about her welfare (her husband is the 'baby' of the family so the other siblings have extensive experience that she can draw on).

The family breed Clydesdale horses for showing, and attend shows together throughout the year, and my daughter (who has a degree in equine management) has become an active part of this team.

racedo
18th Apr 2014, 11:15
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Littlie has still a long way to go and if I survive teenage years then should be ok.............still more than a few years for teenager, thank god.
Pig headed, strong willed, Independent and not scared to say if she feels something is wrong even when her classmates are going along with it.
Anything scary in a movie she gets upset about, cried during Nemo because he was away from his mother............and still does.

lomapaseo
18th Apr 2014, 16:55
Is it proper to hand the same one down the aisle multiple times :}

racedo
18th Apr 2014, 17:22
Is it proper to hand the same one down the aisle multiple times :}

Daughter is a Daughter, Son in law is guy you liked (hopefully) on wedding day.
If daughter keeps divorcing and getting bigger houses each time then why not.

goudie
18th Apr 2014, 21:24
My 3 daughters are all middle aged women now (though I would never tell them that!) but they are still my beautiful girls, with whom I have a very strong bond.
Mind you, when the 3 of them were teenagers I had a rather different view.
Thankfully we all came through that period relatively unscathed!

JWP1938
18th Apr 2014, 22:29
Girl childen are God's punishment for being a man.

Hydromet
18th Apr 2014, 22:45
A friend once told me that daughters should be put in cold storage between the ages of 14 and 30.
Funnily enough, I once considered trying to seduce his daughter when she was 18 - about 20 years before I met him - but wisely, decided not to.