PDA

View Full Version : Petition to Qantas Board to terminate Alan Joyce:

Torres
16th Apr 2014, 05:01
Some may care to sign the Petition to terminate Alan Joyce as CEO of Qantas:

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/the-qantas-airways-limited-board-of-directors-sack-qantas-ceo-alan-joyce-2

gordonfvckingramsay
28th Apr 2014, 10:23
Only 400 odd signatures required ladies and gentlemen.

Kelly Slater
28th Apr 2014, 13:20
The petition is a good idea but asking for donations takes the shine off.

Australopithecus
28th Apr 2014, 14:10
Let me get this straight: you are asking Joyce's patron to sack him? Here is a news flash for you: Joyce serves at Clifford's pleasure. The fact that he is still in the saddle after years of abject failure should tell you that Clifford is well pleased with the current state of affairs. Or, the executive search team is still pleading with any candidates that might be out there to please, please take over.

(If I prayed my nightly prayer would be a board and executive united in a goal that includes growth and yield. Then I would break out the candles and voodoo dolls. Never hurts to cover your bets.)

gordonfvckingramsay
29th Apr 2014, 05:27
Australopithecus, you are right, but a vote of no confidence from 5000 or so people is not insignificant and there are no friends in big business. If one of Joyce's benefactors gets the ****s on with him, a petition like this may be just the kind of latent catalyst needed to get rid of him.

It takes seconds to sign and you can remain anonymous, what have you to lose?

Australopithecus
29th Apr 2014, 09:12
Yeah, I know all that Gordon, and on principle it would be good to get in a free, anonymous kick, but consider this: these elitists will get a petition containing 5,000 signatures...which they will take as a compliment. The petition should contain sigs of every employee and their friends and relatives. To say nothing of the shareholders and customers.

5,000 malcontents? Pfffft!

CompleteElite
29th Apr 2014, 09:54
If that's 5,000 customers, then that's potentially millions of dollars. I don't fly QANTAS anymore. Speak money, then they listen.

Ngineer
29th Apr 2014, 10:30
Talk about clutching at straws, you guys are freaking serious right?

The most hair brain idea I have heard of since listening to a bunch of guys talk about all the staff buying out the airline using their super funds.

SilverSleuth
29th Apr 2014, 11:03
Yes, you could get a million people sign it and it won't make a lick of difference to Clifford and board. ( they will just say its fake / manufactured whatever ). Sad but true.

Fuel-Off
29th Apr 2014, 12:00
But they're happy to make their own petition to 'even the playing field'. Once they got the numbers for that stunt, they sack 5000 - thanks for nothing... :mad:

It will mean diddly squat getting a petition like this through. The only numbers game that could work is a shareholder vote of no confidence in the CEO and the Board. Likelihood of that happening is bupkiss as the institutional shareholders seem rather happy the way things are headed.

Fuel-Off :ok: