PDA

View Full Version : Flight Number question

steve_mcginley
19th May 2002, 18:20
Hi,
I was reading some flight arrivals today, and saw a few flight numbers i was unsure about. Just out of curiosity could anyone tell me what airline has the flight number prefix 'MYT' ?

thank you

Stephen:)

Landing_24R
19th May 2002, 18:43
Hi Steve,

MYT is the code for My Travel. My Travel is the new name for Airtours International following the rebranding of the company. MYT replaces the previous prefix AIH, which has now been discarded.

Hope this Helps
Landing 24R

steve_mcginley
19th May 2002, 18:47
thanks a lot, does this mean they will be re-painting?

Stephen

Caslance
19th May 2002, 19:08
Oh, yes, they'll be re-painting all right.

And a most vomit-worthy scheme it is too!

Look here (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/231383/M/) to see just HOW vomit-worthy.

Of course, you may like it. It takes all sorts.:D

BTW - It seems that Premiair (the Danish arm) and possibly Skyservice (the Canadian arm) are also to adopt the MyTravel brand and scheme too.

Landing_24R
19th May 2002, 19:48
Steve,
As Caslance quite rightly states, they are repainting into the scheme attatched. However, only 3 aircraft are in the new paint at the moment, (1 A320 and 2 B752's) with the majority in a hybrid scheme which looks like any one of the following 4 pictured here at Alicante. (they are all at different stages of painting)

4 My Travel hybrid schemes (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/229840/L/)

Caslance,
Didn't like it initially, but it has grown on me. It's certainly in stark contrast to the dull drone of Britannia's new effort, but bmi still win hands down :D The new Monarch one's alright too.

Don't get me started on the new Air 2000 livery :rolleyes:

Landing 24R

Caslance
19th May 2002, 22:49
L24R....

Yes, I'm with you all the way on the Monarch scheme. I really can't wait to see it on an A330. The mock-up on the website looks quite splendid.

The new Air 2K scheme is, indeed, simply kak and the least said about the TUI scheme, the better.:rolleyes:

gofer
21st May 2002, 15:16
I think the Oz expression is

Technicolor Chunder

cargosales
21st May 2002, 15:25
Caslance

You're spot on. Vomit-worthy it certainly is. Even got the diced carrot effect Yeuuuch!