PDA

View Full Version : Please advise me - Training in Pakistan

UKE92
11th Apr 2014, 14:25
Hi,

A bit of background first. I'm a 26 years old British citizen with a University degree from England, and i'm currently thinking of living and working in Pakistan.

I have always dreamed of becoming a pilot (like most people) but have never taken it seriously, partly due to the costs involved. I have just been working in full time accounting/financial office roles for the past few years, and i hate it. I used to think accounting was good but it's boring to me (sorry to any accountants reading this!).

I have found a flying school in Pakistan which offers the PPL/IR/CPL for around £19k, with an integrated method. I think this is a lot cheaper than other countries? Website is Air Academy (http://www.airacademypak.com) Thinking of doing the PPL initially, which is £4k? They say you can complete it within 4 months i think.

Does anyone know what the job market is like for newly qualified pilots in Pakistan? I'm assuming it's not very good as the training is cheap? What about my chances, will i have more as i will most likely be competing with Pakistani educated applicants? How easy is it to convert to work in the USA or the UK?

Is this just a dream which i'm going to have to put aside? Have read quite a few negative threads on here since joining, which isn't bad as it's the truth i want.

Thanks

joshua123
3rd Oct 2014, 05:18
thats funny. i was thinking about the same thing.. i studied accounting in colleage too. but now i work as a cabin crew. i was so attractive by the training cost in pakistan. but a little bit scare to go . since no one talks about it . but ICAO license is same i guess. ICAO ATPL meets all far east airlines pilot selection requirement . I mean if you want consider work in asia.